Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

It's unfair to simply say we've done horrible things. Even when it's the US, you should acknowledge all the good we've done.
    Trump was right when someone said Putin's done horrible things and Trump said -we've done some horrible things too - we have cold killers as well. I think we need to get off this thing where we have to keep denigrating other leaders. Right now PM of India is an absolute thug - the fuck is worse than Trump when it comes to religion based nationalism. He has also done some good things for India such as building toilets and banning shitting on the streets.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Trump was right when someone said Putin's done horrible things and Trump said -we've done some horrible things too - we have cold killers as well. I think we need to get off this thing where we have to keep denigrating other leaders. Right now PM of India is an absolute thug - the fuck is worse than Trump when it comes to religion based nationalism. He has also done some good things for India such as building toilets and banning shitting on the streets.
      Look everyone can be criticized. My issue is when people only criticize a certain country or countries then seek to emphasize the positives when it comes to other countries. It's a matter of consistency.

By all means go after Israel for taking more and more land away from the Palestinian territories. But don't then tell me Crimea is historically part of Russia as a way of explaining it when its annexed by force. Don't look the other way when India occupies Kashmir and refuses to grant Muslims citizenship rights.

By all means go after the U.S. for it's domestic and foreign policy failings. But don't then say it's unfair to criticize other countries governments by saying everything was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

On 60 minutes:
        SANDERS: We're very opposed to the authoritarian nature of Cuba but you know, it's unfair to simply say everything is bad. You know? When Fidel Castro came into office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?

COOPER: A lot of political dissidents were imprisoned in Cuba.

SANDERS: That's right. And we condemn that. Unlike Donald Trump, let's be clear, you want to-- I do not think that Kim Jong Un is a good friend. I don't trade love letters with a murdering dictator. Vladimir Putin, not a great friend of mine.

Some criticism there.

At the Debate:
        “What I said is what Barack Obama said in terms of Cuba — that Cuba made progress on education,” Sanders said to loud boos from the audience.

“When dictatorships, whether it’s the Chinese or Cubans, do something good, you acknowledge that,” he continued.

Not a lot of criticism there.

Josh Marshall@joshtpm Feb 24
        At the risk of stating the obvious, if you're debating the relative merits of different communist dictators, you're losing.

Where’s the lie though? Trump got praise from some for speaking to Kim Jong Un. Hell, I think I said i here it’s a good thing if he managed to improve relations (he didn’t)

Castro’s a bad person, that doesn’t mean literally everything he did was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Where’s the lie though? Trump got praise from some for speaking to Kim Jong Un. Hell, I think I said i here it’s a good thing if he managed to improve relations (he didn’t)

Castro’s a bad person, that doesn’t mean literally everything he did was bad.
          Where did I say he lied?

Castro improved literacy in Cuba. He also held onto power there for nearly 50 years while he murdered, tortured, and imprisoned people.

Some other examples...

- Alfredo Stroessner built the world's largest hydroelectric power plant in the world. Also his 35-year-long rule, marked by an uninterrupted period of repression in Paraguay, is the longest in modern South American history. He was anti-communist though so don't look for Bernie etc to sing his praises.

- Bono has lavishly praised George W. Bush for PEPFAR. Yet DPR finds George W. Bush irredeemable and wants to personally beat him to death in the street for things he did. So where does that leave us on the 43rd President of the United States?
          Last edited by TTURedRaider; 02-26-2020, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X