Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernie the Hawk

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...nvaded-taiwan/

I'm pretty sure if Hillary had said this in 2016, Spartan would be here dragging her for being a neolib hawk. But sure, let's flirt with war with China if they try to occupy Taiwan.

Being willing to defend an effectively helpless country against an oppressive super power is being a hawk now?

Comment

That hawk promised to honor our treaty obligations in a defensive war? I can't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
        Being willing to defend an effectively helpless country against an oppressive super power is being a hawk now?
        Taiwan is far from helpless - we've been arming them forever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ales_to_Taiwan

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          That hawk promised to honor our treaty obligations in a defensive war? I can't believe it!
          So as long as we can justify it being a case of an oppressive regime bullying a defenseless country we're bound for war?

Hooboy

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

So as long as we can justify it being a case of an oppressive regime bullying a defenseless country we're bound for war?

Hooboy
            So if Russia attacks say Poland and we defend them, that’s being a hawk? I’m just trying to understand your position here.

Comment

So if Russia attacks say Poland and we defend them, that’s being a hawk? I’m just trying to understand your position here.
              I'm just being a bitter ass because people like you and Spartan were calling Hillary a hawk for having similar stances. If Hillary said she'd be open to war with China if they invaded Taiwan in 2016 I have no doubt she'd have been railed for it.

Comment

DPR's gone full Neville Chamberlain.

Comment

I'm just being a bitter ass because people like you and Spartan were calling Hillary a hawk for having similar stances. If Hillary said she'd be open to war with China if they invaded Taiwan in 2016 I have no doubt she'd have been railed for it.
                  No? If Libya, Iraq, or Iran had invaded someone like Israel, sure, but they didn’t. I criticized Hillary because, much like her husband and GW Bush, she was 100% on board with feeding the military industrial complex a steady diet of poor third world countries. The only time she opposed doing that is, surprise surprise, when the polls told her she should and that it would help her campaign.

Comment

No? If Libya, Iraq, or Iran had invaded someone like Israel, sure, but they didn’t. I criticized Hillary because, much like her husband and GW Bush, she was 100% on board with feeding the military industrial complex a steady diet of poor third world countries. The only time she opposed doing that is, surprise surprise, when the polls told her she should and that it would help her campaign.
                    Pretty much this. If our wars in the middle east taught us anything, its that there should be two simple questions we have to be able to answer precisely before we engage militarily.

1. Who we killing?
                    2. At what point do we get to stop killing them?

Both those questions are pretty easily answered in the case of Taiwan (China; when they call off the invasion).

It should also be noted that the more willing you appear to defend a country like Taiwan, the less chance there is of you actually having to.

Comment

She's opposed military intervention numerous times when concerning 3rd world countries. Haiti comes to mind.

Comment

She's opposed military intervention numerous times when concerning 3rd world countries. Haiti comes to mind.
                        Nothing to loot there.

Comment

Nothing to loot there.
                          Just saying, Trump is "taking the oil" as we speak in Syria.

How Trump managed to get branded a dove and Hillary a hawk in 2016 is a masterclass in political propaganda.

Comment

Just saying, Trump is "taking the oil" as we speak in Syria.

How Trump managed to get branded a dove and Hillary a hawk in 2016 is a masterclass in political propaganda.
                            Could be her cackling in glee like a psychopath over Gaddafi and voting for the Iraq War. Or her numerous statements where she’s basically rubbing her clit to the idea of using military force in a wide variety of places. Meanwhile the worst thing you can say about Trump is that he’s ordered a few air strikes targeting people who 100% deserved it by any rational standard.

Comment

Could be her cackling in glee like a psychopath over Gaddafi and voting for the Iraq War. Or her numerous statements where she’s basically rubbing her clit to the idea of using military force in a wide variety of places. Meanwhile the worst thing you can say about Trump is that he’s ordered a few air strikes targeting people who 100% deserved it by any rational standard.
                              Yeah the killing of Soleimani was not necessary - we killed that one dude and we lost a bunch of buildings in Iraq and 100 odd soldiers now suffering from PTSD.

Trump's foreign polices are a mostly a disaster with the exception of North Korea - I actually like his north korea policy.
                              Last edited by sctrojan; 02-24-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X