Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Ran Twin Boys Off Road for Having Trump Flags on Bikes, Police Say

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/couple...es-police-say/

Police in Hobart, Indiana claim a local couple ran twin boys off the road for having Trump flags on their bikes, according to The Associated Press. The incident had been posted to Snapchat, authorities said.

Back on July 22, Kyren Gregory Perry-Jones, 23, and girlfriend Cailyn Marie Smith, 18, were driving out near 8th and Fleming, officer said. They allegedly began following twin boys who were riding bikes featuring Trump flags.

Perry-Jones, the driver, swerved “as if he saw the boys and wanted to hit them with the vehicle,” officers said. He told the boys to go home, cops said. He and Smith began cursing at them, and “pull that flag down,” officers said. On top of that, Perry-Jones threatened the twins for calling 911, and said that if cops asked him about it, he’d say the twins called him a racial slur, police said. (Perry-Jones is black.) The thing is, that threat was caught on video, officers said.

In any case, Perry-Jones chased the boys through yards in his vehicle, a Chevy Malibu, officers said. Smith grabbed their flag, and one of the twins said they chased after the vehicle. The couple finally dropped the flag, but intentionally ran it over before leaving, officers said.

Police said it took so long to bring charges because they were waiting on the video from Snapchat.

Assault with a deadly weapon aside, don't let this story mystify you into believing that law enforcement needs a back door into encrypted devices. They could have easily brought charges without hacking into Snapchat like the criminals they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
      Assault with a deadly weapon aside, don't let this story mystify you into believing that law enforcement needs a back door into encrypted devices. They could have easily brought charges without hacking into Snapchat like the criminals they are.
      I don't think they need a backdoor. Because if they have one that means China, Russia, etc all have a backdoor. However I do think Snapchat, Facebook, Ring, etc if they have video of a crime should provide it to law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I don't think they need a backdoor. Because if they have one that means China, Russia, etc all have a backdoor. However I do think Snapchat, Facebook, Ring, etc if they have video of a crime should provide it to law enforcement.
        Sure, if a proper warrant is produced. Proper, in the sense that it doesn't come from a FISA court that will sign a warrant to find out who farted.

Comment

Sure, if a proper warrant is produced. Proper, in the sense that it doesn't come from a FISA court that will sign a warrant to find out who farted.
          Of course if a proper warrant is produced. We don't want to be Castro's Cuba, Ortega's Nicaragua, etc here do we.

Comment

Of course if a proper warrant is produced. We don't want to be Castro's Cuba, Ortega's Nicaragua, etc here do we.
            You say that as if that weren't what's been argued for by law and order types already in power.

Comment

Then the police should be able to get a warrant for that evidence. I agree, if people have evidence of a crime and a warrant is presented, they should provide said evidence. It shouldn't be arbitrarily given to the police without said warrant. Just doing so is a clear violation of the 4th amendment.

Comment

You say that as if that weren't what's been argued for by law and order types already in power.
                I'm not them.

Comment

I'm not them.
                  Does that really matter when administrations on both sides have been ignoring the 4th Amendment for decades?

Comment

Castro's Cuba didn't even have internet or smart phones

Comment

Much to the chagrin of Bernie

Comment

Working...
                      X