Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

The problem with this line of thinking is that it ignores the obvious fact that the greedy few will always crave more and go to greater and greater lengths to obtain it. In short, at the rate things are going, it’s only a matter of time before we get to the same point.

I agree, the opiate crisis is a prime example. My optimistic self thinks that it’s great that we’re already having these discussions on a higher level before people starve. We just need to follow through before it’s too late. I don’t want to eat the rich, but for them the be forced to redistribute on some level (they’ll still be very rich) via taxes and far more importantly the ones who accumulated their wealth immorally to be held personally accountable rather than hiding behind a corporation.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

I agree, the opiate crisis is a prime example. My optimistic self thinks that it’s great that we’re already having these discussions on a higher level before people starve. We just need to follow through before it’s too late. I don’t want to eat the rich, but for them the be forced to redistribute on some level (they’ll still be very rich) via taxes and far more importantly the ones who accumulated their wealth immorally to be held personally accountable rather than hiding behind a corporation.
      Ideally yes, but that requires strong institutions that people actually have faith in. Right now, I don’t think we have that in this country.

Comment

People with power and money will always fuck over the poor. The best way around this is to consciously elect enough people who can and will fight it.

So in other words, grin and bear it or take up arms and change it. Neither solution is heart warming.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
          People with power and money will always fuck over the poor. The best way around this is to consciously elect enough people who can and will fight it.

So in other words, grin and bear it or take up arms and change it. Neither solution is heart warming.
          I say we send all the Boomers to gitmo and redistribute their wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

I'll leave the light on for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

OUR wealth, comrade.

Comment

I blame the Silent Generation for this.

Comment

Nobody wants Bernie or Pocahontas
                  hates

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                    Nobody wants Bernie or Pocahontas
                    hates

Who gives a fuck what they want?

Comment

Who gives a fuck what they want?
                      Right? If anything, this is a feather in Bernie’s cap.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Right? If anything, this is a feather in Bernie’s cap.

I for one am SHOCKED that Zuckerberg criticized Warren, who wants to break up big tech. Not self serving whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

No knows exactly when, but anyone that is a student of history knows that you can't have one small group of people hoard the majority of wealth in a nation, and that nation continues to survive. Either a crippling wipeout of wealth will occur, or people will take to the streets. That's what these greedy oligarchs don't understand. You keep pulling this crap, eventually the 99% will figure out that they are being screwed.
                          I’ve said much the same thing.

Comment

I agree with this. However, unlike many if those other time people aren’t starving here. Hell, poor people tend to be obese. It allows people to put their head in the sand more than say...during the Roman Empire.

The desperation of the poor isn’t the same as even just 100 years ago. It doesn’t change that we are getting fucked over by the super rich and need to rally around that common cause, but less desperation makes people less likely to resort to desperate measures.
                            The middle class is somewhat mollified by trinkets and baubles. A nice car. A huge television. Fancy iPhones. Just enough nice stuff that they’re fearful of giving it up.

As you say, the lower class isn’t in the same boat as they were during, say, the French Revolution. So, they’re not at the point where they’re taking to the streets with pitch forks.

But, the 1% is gobbling up the wealth at an alarming rate. Something needs to give so that the whole house of cards doesn’t break.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

The middle class is somewhat mollified by trinkets and baubles. A nice car. A huge television. Fancy iPhones. Just enough nice stuff that they’re fearful of giving it up.

As you say, the lower class isn’t in the same boat as they were during, say, the French Revolution. So, they’re not at the point where they’re taking to the streets with pitch forks.

But, the 1% is gobbling up the wealth at an alarming rate. Something needs to give so that the whole house of cards doesn’t break.

I’m going to be nit picky, but it’s the .01%. The top 1% is 420k/year....which is a fuckton of money, but I want my surgeons getting paid a fuckton. Those guys live very nice, but normal lives. They retire at 65, they work long hours. They most likely from middle/upper middle class backgrounds. They don’t drive politics through massive donations because they can’t afford it.

The top .01% make about 20 mil/year. They really influence shit through donations and political deals. It’s an important difference when decided who needs to be eaten IMO.

Comment

I’m going to be nit picky, but it’s the .01%. The top 1% is 420k/year....which is a fuckton of money, but I want my surgeons getting paid a fuckton. Those guys live very nice, but normal lives. They retire at 65, they work long hours. They most likely from middle/upper middle class backgrounds. They don’t drive politics through massive donations because they can’t afford it.

The top .01% make about 20 mil/year. They really influence shit through donations and political deals. It’s an important difference when decided who needs to be eaten IMO.
                                Fair.

Comment

Working...
                                X