Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Wall DoD funds win at Supreme Court

5-4. Trump can use the funds.

Super excited with in 2024 President AOC declares climate change a national emergency and re-appropriates all the funds to fight global warming.

The Supreme Court keeps expanding the President's powers.

Curious to read the majority opinion on this one. Unitary Executive wins the day, eh daCat?

Comment

Six weeks after Trump's election in November 2016, Congress overwhelmingly passed a statute—codified as 10 U.S.C § 284—that authorized the secretary of defense to support the “construction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States.” On Dec. 23, 2016, a month before leaving office, President Obama signed the 973-page bill into law without any objection to this provision.

so......

Comment

Dynazi, probably not worth explaining to you, but as you SHOULD have been taught in 5th grade social studies, Congress is a separate body of government from the Executive.

Therefore, when a bill passes through Congress and is signed by the President, that's not the same thing as the President unilaterally re-appropriating funds from the DoD.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Dynazi, probably not worth explaining to you, but as you SHOULD have been taught in 5th grade social studies, Congress is a separate body of government from the Executive.

Therefore, when a bill passes through Congress and is signed by the President, that's not the same thing as the President unilaterally re-appropriating funds from the DoD.
          wow, really... how did the court just rule?

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

In a way that expanded executive powers. You know, strict constructionist.

Comment

Do we get to claim ACTIVIST JUDGES!1!1!!1 for this, or can only the other team do that?

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                Do we get to claim ACTIVIST JUDGES!1!1!!1 for this, or can only the other team do that?
                Your first mistake is being part of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Your first mistake is being part of a team.

I’m team eff Trump. You’re team analyze the facts and then choose to ignore them and go with your feelings based off preconceived, usually false, notions.

Comment

I’m team eff Trump. You’re team analyze the facts and then choose to ignore them and go with your feelings based off preconceived, usually false, notions.
                    I have apparently hurt your feelings.

Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

That it was OK for Trump to do it without Congress' permission.

So, the next time we have a Dem president, when DACA gets expanded to include half of Mexico via executive order and all the DoD monies get switched to the "global warming emergency", you should have no problem with it.

Comment

I have apparently hurt your feelings.

Sorry about that.

Lol, you have not.

Comment

Not surprised, really. The president is basically a king and has been for quite awhile now, it’s just a matter of framing.

Comment

Lol, you have not.
                            So why are you going all Donald Trump on me?

Comment

So why are you going all Donald Trump on me?

Honestly, I think you’re probably a good dude IRL. I think you ignore facts that conflict with your worldview, which isn’t unique to you, but you double down on them hard even when actual spoken words and easily verifiable facts conflict it. You’re going to get shit on for that. I don’t think you’ve ever changed your viewpoints as new evidence/truths come in. That’s why people shit on you here.

Comment

Working...
                              X