Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
    DaCat, if Obama had reduced the sentence for a personal friend who got 7-9 years and recommended no jail time, and all the DOJ prosecutors on the case resigned, you'd have been crowing for impeachment. Stop lying.
    If the board doesn't suck, I'd search back to 2016 when Bill Clinton had his tarmac coffee with Loretta Lynch. Conservatives were screaming about it being improper and unethical and that Lynch should resign.

Trump openly and publicly intervenes for his personal friend, who committed multiple felonies to help him with his election and to cover up evidence, and these guys are just pretending like it's okay.

Comment

http://fvsports.com/forum/search?sea...%7D&btnSubmit=

Not sure if that link will work, but Dynasty's bullshit meter went off when Bill met Loretta on a plane.

I know Trump's comments were that the meeting proved the process was rigged. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Fuck that. Show me ONE administration that did something like this. Just one.

Fuck your “feelings” go with actual facts.

“Well you see... if you can’t see it then I can’t help you.”
        Obama did it a bunch of times. But he was super secret about it and the media never reported it because they loved him.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Weren't you just going on about "whataboutism" the other day?

When your wife catches you stiffing your 15 year old niece, do you go "Show me ONE man who doesn't do this. Just one."?
          Fuck you and the pedophile train you rode in on.

Comment

Look at the shit you guys are defending. And worse, trying to insinuate about me. Somewhere in this thread I've already stated my opinion of shit Stone. But you can't help yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
              Look at the shit you guys are defending. And worse, trying to insinuate about me. Somewhere in this thread I've already stated my opinion of shit Stone. But you can't help yourselves.
              If you hate Stone and think he needs to go to jail, then you should be just as pissed about this as the rest of us. But here you are saying this is normal when it is clearly not. Show me ONE federally-prosecuted case where the entire prosecutor team resigned in protest AFTER the trial ended with a guilty verdict. Just one.

Comment

If you hate Stone and think he needs to go to jail, then you should be just as pissed about this as the rest of us. But here you are saying this is normal when it is clearly not. Show me ONE federally-prosecuted case where the entire prosecutor team resigned in protest AFTER the trial ended with a guilty verdict. Just one.
                First off, that isn't what I said. But if you think the Atty General for any President doesn't serve at the convenience of the President you're a naive fool.

Comment

And just for a bit of clarity, Stone is a POS that should be punished. Should have been in prison before Trump even decided to run for President. 7-9 years is a joke for the shit he has pulled. However, I do not think he should serve 7-9 years for lying to the FBI. That too is a joke. This is another example of being punished for the wrong things.

Comment

First off, that isn't what I said. But if you think the Atty General for any President doesn't serve at the convenience of the President you're a naive fool.
                    They serve at the pleasure of the president, but they are not supposed to be the president's personal legal guardian. Otherwise, the president would be able to act completely lawlessly.

It's why Morrison v Olson exists and why conservatives hated it so much. Scalia, the lone dissenter, said it was the worst SCOTUS decision in his lifetime. Conservatives are the ones who share your view that the president should be the unitary executive, but not liberals.

And just for a bit of clarity, Stone is a POS that should be punished. Should have been in prison before Trump even decided to run for President. 7-9 years is a joke for the shit he has pulled. However, I do not think he should serve 7-9 years for lying to the FBI. That too is a joke. This is another example of being punished for the wrong things.
                    He didn't get 7-9 just for lying to the FBI. Did you even read the case at all? He threatened a witness. He lied to Congress. He lied to the Special Counsel's office. He obstructed an investigation (destroying or withholding evidence). And to top it off, he threatened the presiding judge on social media. And throughout it all he showed that he gave zero fucks about anyone. His defense counsel even said "who cares?" when presented with damning evidence against Stone IN COURT.

If it was just lying to the FBI he'd probably just have probation or maybe 1-2 years.

Comment

They serve at the pleasure of the president, but they are not supposed to be the president's personal legal guardian. Otherwise, the president would be able to act completely lawlessly.

It's why Morrison v Olson exists and why conservatives hated it so much. Scalia, the lone dissenter, said it was the worst SCOTUS decision in his lifetime. Conservatives are the ones who share your view that the president should be the unitary executive, but not liberals.

He didn't get 7-9 just for lying to the FBI. Did you even read the case at all? He threatened a witness. He lied to Congress. He lied to the Special Counsel's office. He obstructed an investigation (destroying or withholding evidence). And to top it off, he threatened the presiding judge on social media. And throughout it all he showed that he gave zero fucks about anyone. His defense counsel even said "who cares?" when presented with damning evidence against Stone IN COURT.

If it was just lying to the FBI he'd probably just have probation or maybe 1-2 years.
                      That flies in the face of reality.

And yes, Stone is a piece of shit. Along with people like the Clintons, he has profited enough peddling his influences to unsavory foreigners and should pay the price for it. Jail is almost too good for people like him.

Comment

That flies in the face of reality.
                        Huh? Bill Clinton was harassed for six years by Ken Starr, who was appointed by the court as Special Counsel in direct result from Morrison v Olson. Conservatives mostly hated that decision because it took power away from St Ronny to cover up his crimes of Iran-Contra. Bill Barr especially hated it because he didn't have full control of investigations as AG under HW Bush. But they all fell silent when Clinton was put through the ringer.

They went back to hating it under Dubya. Obama never pushed the limits on interfering with the DoJ, at least not compared to his peers.

Comment

Huh? Bill Clinton was harassed for six years by Ken Starr, who was appointed by the court as Special Counsel in direct result from Morrison v Olson. Conservatives mostly hated that decision because it took power away from St Ronny to cover up his crimes of Iran-Contra. Bill Barr especially hated it because he didn't have full control of investigations as AG under HW Bush. But they all fell silent when Clinton was put through the ringer.
                          Yeah, Bill was impeached for lying about getting a blow job, not for being pals with a Chinese bag man.

Comment

Yeah, Bill was impeached for lying about getting a blow job, not for being pals with a Chinese bag man.
                            Which we only found out about because an independent prosecutor had $40 million and 6 years to investigate the president. If Starr was under control of Clinton, he could have handcuffed his investigation and the whole thing would have been dead by 1995 before Monica.

That's my point. Clinton didn't believe in the unitary executive in the same way Republicans did. Few liberals (and Clinton wasn't entirely liberal) believe in the unitary executive. That's a conservative thing.

Comment

Now Trump is on Twitter attacking members of the jury on Stone's trial and no doubt Cult 45 will seek them out and retaliate.

We're witnessing live the erosion of the criminal justice system at rapid-fire pace.

Comment

Now Trump is on Twitter attacking members of the jury on Stone's trial and no doubt Cult 45 will seek them out and retaliate.

We're witnessing live the erosion of the criminal justice system at rapid-fire pace.
                                Totally not illegal! Just exercising his first amendment rights!

Comment

Working...
                                X