X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ly/5245237002/

US pneumonia deaths from February through May are 80% higher than the average annual death rate from pneumonia in the US from 1999-2018.

They may be over counting deaths in some instances, but it also looks like they're severely undercounting them in others.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    !00,000 people died under trump's watch.
    Last edited by sctrojan; Today, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    https://www.npr.org/2020/05/25/86192...miologist-says

For some anti-lockdown protesters in the U.S., "Be like Sweden" has become a rallying cry at protest rallies. But given the political, social and cultural differences between the two countries, simply adopting the Swedish model might not work.

"Every country and region is different, and every country and region needs do what they think is best for their place," Olofsdotter said. "In Sweden, there's a fairly big trust between the population and the government and its agencies and vice versa. Of course, if we can be an inspiration to others, and they find measures that we have used useful in either a state or region, that's good, because we are all in this together."
    The penalty for spending decades breeding mistrust with the government is that the general population will not trust the government. /shocked pikachu

Also, their model seems to be struggling anyway, so even if we tried that in the US, our results would almost certainly be far worse than their (bad) results. But by all means naysayers, let's hear it for Sweden.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post

This motherfucker needs to be removed NOW - we cannot wait till November.
    Last edited by sctrojan; 05-24-2020, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Nash View Post

ESL
    Again Im not sure what the article was about? Obamas spending a summer on some Florida beach? Is that quite amazing?

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    After threatening to "override" governors who do not open churches today, Donald Trump celebrated his Sunday by going golfing.
    I wish our Press and Media were quick thinking on their feet. They should have asked Trump - which church would he be going to on Sunday?

I hate our press - they never ask follow up questions and behave like cattle. If I were in the WH press briefing room and Trump called me a terrible person for asking a tough question, I'd yell go fuck yourself Mr. President

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Nash
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

LMFAO that was Aug 15, 2010

What the fuck dude? There was no corona virus in 2010.
    ESL

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    After threatening to "override" governors who do not open churches today, Donald Trump celebrated his Sunday by going golfing.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1264564368806686726

Trump calls Columbia University a "disgraceful institution" because of a study they put out that suggested 30k lives could have been saved if stay-at-home orders were issued a week earlier.

It's just pure Trump. Something doesn't agree with me being perfect? It is a disgrace.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    LMFAO that was Aug 15, 2010

What the fuck dude? There was no corona virus in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by riker7 View Post
    I understand trojan's enthusiasm. A body count coupled with high unemployment in an election year is a Democratic wet dream.
    Yes - think of all the medicare dollars saved by old people dying. Now also think of all the social security money saved.

Of course pinning this on Trump is the easy part.

Leave a comment:

• riker7
    replied
    I understand trojan's enthusiasm. A body count coupled with high unemployment in an election year is a Democratic wet dream.

Leave a comment:

• riker7
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Link?
    https://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/100732134.html

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied

He's absolutely bored. This was interesting to him to do the press conferences etc for a while but now he's bored of it and wants to move on to something else, even if it means a lot of us die.

I fundamentally don't understand support for this guy. He could literally not give less of a shit about any of us. We're all expendable numbers to him.
    Yeah. He doesn’t care. Not one little bit. And yet, I hear people like my mother defending him every day. Hell... she thinks he’s showing empathy. Like... wut?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X