Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

En mass, first for me too. But local governments have that power and use it for various violations. And it doesn’t make sense to use it cause like Spartan said it costs them money and/or power. Local businesses have a lot of say in local elections.
    Right, elections. Didn’t they just postpone some of those?

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Right, elections. Didn’t they just postpone some of those?

Primaries. Yea, they postponed ours till June which will have zero effect on when power changes.

Comment

• Also most leaders approvals are up right now so it would be in their best interests to have them right now.

Comment

Primaries. Yea, they postponed ours till June which will have zero effect on when power changes.
          Neat. We’ve never seen governments use questionable excuses to suspend democracy and slowly transform into a totalitarian state before. Not one time.

Comment

Good question, maybe now’s the time to ask them that.
            Right now? Because they know that they'd lose even more over the long term if they failed to act. Give a local government two choices, and they'll pick the one that will cost them less every time.

Comment

• Trump last night on Hannity - states don't need 30-40k ventilators.

Trump just now - why isn't GM producing the much-needed 40k ventilators?

It's just a fucking parody about how bad he is as a leader. We'd be better off having a national lottery and picking a random person to lead us through this instead of Trump.

Comment

Also most leaders approvals are up right now so it would be in their best interests to have them right now.
                Or just keep pretending we’re in a fight for survival ala WW2 and get massive support from retards who don’t know any better. That’s fine too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Right now? Because they know that they'd lose even more over the long term if they failed to act. Give a local government two choices, and they'll pick the one that will cost them less every time.
                  Have you... ever dealt with the government at any level? I know you say you’re a teacher so I assume you have, but this statement actually makes me wonder.

Comment

• He's about to sign off on a $2.2 trillion (TRILLION) stimulus deal and he's delaying production of ventilators because he wants to haggle over a billion dollars with GM? You can't make this shit up. This is like Bezos haggling over a $10k hospital bill while he's bleeding from a gunshot wound.

Comment

Have you... ever dealt with the government at any level? I know you say you’re a teacher so I assume you have, but this statement actually makes me wonder.
                      Take the homeless problem, for example. Local governments could fund community mental health programs, drug prevention and rehabilitation programs, cheap or free housing programs, and could reduce crime and vagrancy and reintroduce potential labor and consumers to the market. Or they could install spikes. Spikes are cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Take the homeless problem, for example. Local governments could fund community mental health programs, drug prevention and rehabilitation programs, cheap or free housing programs, and could reduce crime and vagrancy and reintroduce potential labor and consumers to the market. Or they could install spikes. Spikes are cheaper.
                        No, people just don’t like or give a fuck about the homeless enough to want to do anything but the absolute bare minimum. That is not the same thing as efficiency.

Comment

No, people just don’t like or give a fuck about the homeless enough to want to do anything but the absolute bare minimum. That is not the same thing as efficiency.
                          Don't mistake me, I'm not implying here that government is in any way efficient. They just not going to do things that they don't see immediate money in. And there's no immediate money in shutting down the economy. There's quite a bit of cost in failing to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                            daCat is honestly worse than Dynasty now. At least Dynasty doesn't try to act unbiased.
                            If I check back next week to see if you have added anything substantive to a discussion, will I still be disappointed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

There’s a higher bar for the President. I’m sorry.
                              Have you looked at our current candidates? Because all evidence indicates that acting Presidential isn't even a small part of the criteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Have you looked at our current candidates? Because all evidence indicates that acting Presidential isn't even a small part of the criteria.
                                Please tell us how Joe Biden is worse than Trump....

Comment

Working...
                                X