Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Says the guy who just got done lecturing us about the intricacies of construction law in the state of New York and what the current governor has and has not done.
    Actually, that info was relayed to me by a lawyer who could have detailed it in legalese far better than I ever could. But the lawyer's point was that it's obvious Cuomo is doing all he can to make sure the blame is leveled at the President, thus limiting his own blame for culpability. Not exactly a new move in politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Actually, that info was relayed to me by a lawyer who could have detailed it in legalese far better than I ever could. But the lawyer's point was that it's obvious Cuomo is doing all he can to make sure the blame is leveled at the President, thus limiting his own blame for culpability. Not exactly a new move in politics.
      Meanwhile, Trump is warning governors that they better say nice things about him. Very presidential. No implied threat there at all. None.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Meanwhile, Trump is warning governors that they better say nice things about him. Very presidential. No implied threat there at all. None.
        My goodness. That Trump is playing politics. What a fucking asshole.

Oh wait. They're almost all fucking assholes. Damn

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

I mean, with this logic we shouldn't have cared about 9/11 because only 3k died and there are typically 15k murders in this country every year. Just a statistical blip on the radar.
          Should we have cared? Yes. Should we have changed our entire way of life, spent trillions of dollars, and sacrificed many of our civil liberties? No. We overreact a lot.
          Last edited by tOSUfanboi2; 03-27-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Should we have cared? Yes. Should we have changed our entire way of life, spent trillions of dollars, and sacrificed many of our civil liberties? No. We overreact a lot.

What we do is we don’t plan for something that we know could happen (9/11 intelligence, Coronavirus after knowing what happened in Asia), then when it happens we throw money at it and declare victory. Throwing money at problems is the American Way.

That said this should be a much less permanent changing of our way of life.

Comment

• daCat is honestly worse than Dynasty now. At least Dynasty doesn't try to act unbiased.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

What we do is we don’t plan for something that we know could happen (9/11 intelligence, Coronavirus after knowing what happened in Asia), then when it happens we throw money at it and declare victory. Throwing money at problems is the American Way.

That said this should be a much less permanent changing of our way of life.
                I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The government has set yet another dangerous precedent with this virus by showing us that they have the ability to shut down the entire economy and force everyone to stay home. What’s to stop them from doing this again in the future?

Comment

I wouldn’t be so sure about that. The government has set yet another dangerous precedent with this virus by showing us that they have the ability to shut down the entire economy and force everyone to stay home. What’s to stop them from doing this again in the future?

Shown? Local and state governments have always had that right and they’re the ones doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

My goodness. That Trump is playing politics. What a fucking asshole.

Oh wait. They're almost all fucking assholes. Damn
                    There’s a higher bar for the President. I’m sorry.

Comment

• LOL

Comment

Money that they stand to lose. Why would anyone beholden to the capitalist classes do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

There’s a higher bar for the President. I’m sorry.
                          I remember Obama demanding Chris Christie praise him before helping out with Sandy.

Oh wait, no, Obama went to NJ, hugged him and asked how the federal government could help.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Shown? Local and state governments have always had that right and they’re the ones doing it.
                            How many times has this happened in your lifetime? Because this is a first for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Money that they stand to lose. Why would anyone beholden to the capitalist classes do that?
                              Good question, maybe now’s the time to ask them that.

Comment

How many times has this happened in your lifetime? Because this is a first for me.

En mass, first for me too. But local governments have that power and use it for various violations. And it doesn’t make sense to use it cause like Spartan said it costs them money and/or power. Local businesses have a lot of say in local elections.

Comment

Working...
                                X