Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

That happened less a week ago and this shit take two weeks to take full effect.

And it won’t hit that number because we already put safety ahead of it. That’s the thing. The same people who say the projections are bullshit are the same people who will declare victory when the projections aren’t close to being hit because we took precautions. The scientific projects have been correct so far, and if nothing was changed chances they’d probably of continued to have been correct.
    What safety? Do you really expect me to believe that all of these Gen Z kids are going to quarantine themselves like good little boys and girls after they just went on spring break? Please. And what about Brazil? They’ve been having mass gatherings and yet there still isn’t some massive, world shaking death toll coming out of there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

What safety? Do you really expect me to believe that all of these Gen Z kids are going to quarantine themselves like good little boys and girls after they just went on spring break? Please. And what about Brazil? They’ve been having mass gatherings and yet there still isn’t some massive, world shaking death toll coming out of there either.

Brazil is a different climate with less global travel with less access to testing. Apples and oranges. We should be comparing ourselves to Europe and Canada more than anything. Culturally, and climate that affects virus transmission are far more similar.

And Gen Z spring breakers are stuck at home with their parents after college shut down.

Comment

Brazil is a different climate with less global travel with less access to testing. Apples and oranges. We should be comparing ourselves to Europe and Canada more than anything. Culturally, and climate that affects virus transmission are far more similar.

And Gen Z spring breakers are stuck at home with their parents after college shut down.
        Okay sounds good, let’s compare ourselves to Europe. Explain Germany, and don’t you dare say it’s because they’re taking extra precautions, because there’s massive photo galleries proving otherwise.

Comment

• Anyone remember that cruise ship the Diamond Princess? You know, the one where 4000 people were stuck on board a ship where social distancing and isolation was basically impossible? They only had around 700 infections, 11 people have died, and there are 15 pending critical cases. This is a cruise ship full of retirees and boomers in perfect conditions for contracting the virus, and their death rate is less than 2%.

Comment

Okay sounds good, let’s compare ourselves to Europe. Explain Germany, and don’t you dare say it’s because they’re taking extra precautions, because there’s massive photo galleries proving otherwise.

Because they owned the situation from the start and got testing in order much faster than we did. The key to all of this is testing and tracking. Once we have that in order life will get back to normal. We drug our feet on that while calling it a liberal hoax and not investing the testing. Till that is up and running we’re going to be in a bad place. We’re getting there, but we have the resources to have already been there.

Comment

Because they owned the situation from the start and got testing in order much faster than we did. The key to all of this is testing and tracking. Once we have that in order life will get back to normal. We drug our feet on that while calling it a liberal hoax and not investing the testing. Till that is up and running we’re going to be in a bad place. We’re getting there, but we have the resources to have already been there.
              If they owned the situation, why are there pictures all over the internet of Germans filling up parks and other outdoor gathering areas? Their government seems to be taking it seriously, but the people aren’t, so why aren’t bodies dropping left and right?

Also, I like how everyone on this board seems to think these precautions don’t have a cost. Maybe you should tell one or all of the >3 million people that can’t pay their bills or feed their families now that this was all worth it. I’m sure they’ll totally agree with you and be thankful that 2% of boomers didn’t die six months early.

Comment

If they owned the situation, why are there pictures all over the internet of Germans filling up parks and other outdoor gathering areas? Their government seems to be taking it seriously, but the people aren’t, so why aren’t bodies dropping left and right?

Also, I like how everyone on this board seems to think these precautions don’t have a cost. Maybe you should tell one or all of the >3 million people that can’t pay their bills or feed their families now that this was all worth it. I’m sure they’ll totally agree with you and be thankful that 2% of boomers didn’t die six months early.

Because they tested more people. If you test people you can isolate who goes out and who doesn’t and get the people they were in contact with tested. If you know who has the virus you can stop just those people from spreading it. It’s pretty simple shit.

That said if they have a large number of unknown cases they may get hit with this more severely later than other countries.

Comment

Because they tested more people. If you test people you can isolate who goes out and who doesn’t and get the people they were in contact with tested. If you know who has the virus you can stop just those people from spreading it. It’s pretty simple shit.

That said if they have a large number of unknown cases they may get hit with this more severely later than other countries.
                  Look I need to leave my fucking house, okay? I’m running out of stuff to watch on Netflix, my internet sucks right now, I’m about to beat Doom Eternal, I’m dying here.

Comment

Look I need to leave my fucking house, okay? I’m running out of stuff to watch on Netflix, my internet sucks right now, I’m about to beat Doom Eternal, I’m dying here.

I’m still going to the office every other week (this being in office). Ill get back to you next Sunday after 10 straight quarantined days.

Comment

I’m still going to the office every other week (this being in office). Ill get back to you next Sunday after 10 straight quarantined days.
                      I don’t know if you like FPS games or not, but give Doom Eternal a try if you do. Shit is awesome.

Comment

I don’t know if you like FPS games or not, but give Doom Eternal a try if you do. Shit is awesome.

I’m into COD Warzone Battle Royal game right now. Squad up with my two brothers, helps us keep in touch through this bullshit.

Comment

• Honestly, I'm with Hookems. Burn down the Boomers. Let Mother Earth clean them out and do our dirty work for us.

Comment

What systems you got?

I'm working my way through Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Fun game, although the sheer number of options are a bit overwhelming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post

What systems you got?

I'm working my way through Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Fun game, although the sheer number of options are a bit overwhelming.
                              Switch, PS4, PC.

Comment

I’m into COD Warzone Battle Royal game right now. Squad up with my two brothers, helps us keep in touch through this bullshit.
                                I respect that, good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X