Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Why wasn’t he calling it that from Day 1?

I’m still waiting on a reason for the change that isn’t “he’s a dick and was trying to deflect responsibility”
    Because they weren’t accusing us of being the ones who spreaded it around in the first place. After they started talking that bullshit, he took the gloves off and talked shit back. I 100% approve of him telling the Chinese government to go fuck themselves, because it’s been a long time coming. From Tibet to Hong Kong to WELDING PEOPLES FUCKING DOORS SHUT IN WUHAN, they deserve every bit of negative PR that comes their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Because they weren’t accusing us of being the ones who spreaded it around in the first place. After they started talking that bullshit, he took the gloves off and talked shit back. I 100% approve of him telling the Chinese government to go fuck themselves, because it’s been a long time coming. Between Tibet to Hong Kong to WELDING PEOPLES FUCKING DOORS SHUT IN WUHAN, they deserve every bit of PR that comes their way.
      So I pay attention to the news and I legit had no idea China was calling it the American virus. Upon knowing this information, I still don't give a shit. We're trading increased racial resentment in our own country for...some international slap fight with China and Trump?

Get real.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Exactly this. If Trump interchanged the two and used Chinese at times or whatever it would look less racist-y. But the fact that he went from calling it exclusively Coronavirus to exclusively Chinese virus almost overnight isn't an accident. Trump, as I said before, does a few things very well. One of them is branding. He wanted everyone to know it was the Chinese virus.

Except then racist incidents against Asian-Americans who vote started cropping up and Trump realized stoking racial resentment against yet another minority group probably wasn't smart in an election year and now just calls it "The Virus".
        It was a direct response to Chinese government officials accusing the U.S. military of bringing it over there in the first place. You know, because they’re fucking liars and snakes.

Except they never do. I’ve been following the twitter posts on this topic quite a bit and the supposed “incidents” that have been reported are HILARIOUSLY made up. They’re right up there with the tweets we saw about 6 year old kids going on 3 paragraph diatribes about gun control.

Comment

• This is why I boycotted the NBA this year. China's government is a horrible thing.

That said I really don't care about the political games. I just want there to be enough ventilators and masks for healthcare workers and people that need them.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
            This is why I boycotted the NBA this year. China's government is a horrible thing.

That said I really don't care about the political games. I just want there to be enough ventilators and masks for healthcare workers and people that need them.
            The chinese govt has to start banning the wet markets and stop chinese from eating anything that slithers. Ive been watching all the pandemic documentaries on youtube starting with the the black death in the 14th century all the way to the spanish flu in 1918 to Asiatic flu in 1956 to Aids in 1983 to Sars in 2003 to Ebola in 2016 to Corona Virus in 2019.

90% of all influenza strains originate in China - some say even the spanish flu started in china and brought over to Europe

Comment

You have to be deeply indoctrinated to think that calling it the Chinese Virus is in any way racist. Then again, it seems like nowadays the definition of what is and isn’t racist seems to hinge largely on whether it can score you points in an argument.
              fixed

Comment

So I pay attention to the news and I legit had no idea China was calling it the American virus. Upon knowing this information, I still don't give a shit. We're trading increased racial resentment in our own country for...some international slap fight with China and Trump?

Get real.
                There is no increased racial resentment, literally nobody gives a shit but you, morons in the media, and attention whores on twitter who like to make up stories. Chinese people are among the most successful, law abiding, highest earning, most educated people in this country. If that’s what oppression looks like, please, sign me up.

Comment

This is why I boycotted the NBA this year. China's government is a horrible thing.

The idea that Trump calling covid19 “the Chinese virus” would have any impact whatsoever on the daily lives of Americans is beyond ridiculous. It’s just yet another case of an authoritarian fascist government making outlandish claims and conflating their government with the people themselves. Nobody but the absolute dumbest people in the world will blame any individual Chinese person for this virus, and guess what? If they’re that stupid, there isn’t much anyone can say to change their mind.

Comment

The idea that Trump calling covid19 “the Chinese virus” would have any impact whatsoever on the daily lives of Americans is beyond ridiculous. It’s just yet another case of an authoritarian fascist government making outlandish claims and conflating their government with the people themselves. Nobody but the absolute dumbest people in the world will blame any individual Chinese person for this virus, and guess what? If they’re that stupid, there isn’t much anyone can say to change their mind.
                    Similarly, the idea that him calling it the Chinese Virus would have any impact on what China said or what people thought about what China said is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Similarly, the idea that him calling it the Chinese Virus would have any impact on what China said or what people thought about what China said is beyond ridiculous.
                      They were being petty and cunty, so he was petty and cunty back. I’m cool with it.

Comment

• Ultimately it is mother nature fixing itself. This article is from before the virus.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...sia-and-africa

An unprecedented shift in human population is one reason why more diseases originate in Asia and Africa. Rapid urbanization is happening throughout Asia and the Pacific regions, where 60% of the world already lives. According to the World Bank, almost 200 million people moved to urban areas in East Asia during the first decade of the 21st century. To put that into perspective, 200 million people could form the eighth most populous country in the world.

Migration on that scale means forest land is destroyed to create residential areas. Wild animals, forced to move closer to cities and towns, inevitably encounter domestic animals and the human population. Wild animals often harbor viruses; bats, for instance, can carry hundreds of them. And viruses, jumping species to species, can ultimately infect people.

Eventually, extreme urbanization becomes a vicious cycle: More people bring more deforestation, and human expansion and the loss of habitat ultimately kills off predators, including those that feed off rodents. With the predators gone – or at least with their numbers sharply diminished – the rodent population explodes. And as studies in Africa show, so does the risk of zoonotic disease.

The situation is only likely to get worse. A major proportion of East Asia's population still lives in rural areas. Urbanization is expected to continue for decades.

Comment

Get real.
                          Millions of people across China shouldered immense sacrifices to contain the virus once the outbreak began, efforts that have been praised by the World Health Organization (WHO) and others, and there is increasing bitterness that the country is still bearing the brunt of the blame from some quarters. Chinese officials have capitalized on this growing resentment by boosting their own unfounded conspiracy theories about the virus' origin.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Lijian Zhao seized upon a statement by Robert Redfield, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that some influenza deaths in the US were later identified as cases of Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

On Twitter, Zhao claimed -- without evidence -- that "it might be US army who brought the epidemic to Wuhan" and demanded the US "Be transparent! Make public your data! US owe us an explanation!" Zhao also retweeted another Twitter user claiming baselessly that Redfield's statement "supports the claims made by Japanese scientists that the virus originated from the US but was covered up."

Zhao and his Foreign Ministry colleagues have refused to provide evidence for their claims, but they don't need to in order to achieve their goal. Creating confusion or disagreement over the origin of the virus could help push the blame away from China for its initial handling of the outbreak, just as Trump and other US officials' blaming of China helps move the conversation away from their own, highly criticized, response.

China's ambassador in Washington was summoned to the State Department over the tweet from Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lijian Zhao amplifying a growing conspiracy theory that the coronavirus did not originate China and may have been brought there by the US Army.

Still others are using it for their own purposes.

- Iran’s supreme leader refused U.S. assistance Sunday to fight the new coronavirus, citing an unfounded conspiracy theory that the virus could be man-made by America. He also alleged without offering any evidence that the virus “is specifically built for Iran using the genetic data of Iranians which they have obtained through different means.” “You might send people as doctors and therapists, maybe they would want to come here and see the effect of the poison they have produced in person,” he said. There is no scientific proof offered anywhere in the world to support Khamenei’s comments.

- The Russian news outfit Sputnik claims "very smart biologists and pharmacists" in Latvia invented the new COVID-19
                          Last edited by TTURedRaider; 03-24-2020, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Trump saying everyone needs to go back to work on the same day Washington and India enact stay at home policies.
                            His money-making properties have been closed for too long, so tough shit for everyone else.

Comment

There is no increased racial resentment, literally nobody gives a shit but you, morons in the media, and attention whores on twitter who like to make up stories. Chinese people are among the most successful, law abiding, highest earning, most educated people in this country. If that’s what oppression looks like, please, sign me up.
                              Asian Americans who might otherwise vote Republican are going to care. Lots of posts in twitter of Asian Americans being yelled at randomly by strangers as they go to get groceries both immigrants and people who were born here.

A Burmese family got stabbed pretty horrifically at a Sams Club in Midland, TX by a Jose Gomez (19). A man and his son were slashed pretty horrifically. A Sam's club employee got stabbed trying to stop the attacker. Ultimately a off-duty Border Patrol agent helped to wrestle the knife away from the attacker. Its being investigated by the FBI as a hate crime right now but the motive isn't clear. Some speculation it might have started over a fight over some item at the store. Lots of people on twitter blamed Trump for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Asian Americans who might otherwise vote Republican are going to care. Lots of posts in twitter of Asian Americans being yelled at randomly by strangers as they go to get groceries both immigrants and people who were born here.

A Burmese family got stabbed pretty horrifically at a Sams Club in Midland, TX by a Jose Gomez (19). A man and his son were slashed pretty horrifically. A Sam's club employee got stabbed trying to stop the attacker. Ultimately a off-duty Border Patrol agent helped to wrestle the knife away from the attacker. Its being investigated by the FBI as a hate crime right now but the motive isn't clear. Some speculation it might have started over a fight over some item at the store. Lots of people on twitter blamed Trump for it.
                                Yes, I’ve read those stories, and those people are full of shit. Don’t believe me? Check their history. These aren’t everyday, ordinary people, they’re zealots making shit up to further their own agenda. You know, like politically active people on the internet have been known to do 362863728 times.

Seriously dude? What’s more likely, a 19 year old wannabe thug stabbed somebody over a package of toilet paper, or a Hispanic immigrant is so inspired by Trump that he’s become full on racist against Asian people? You can’t be this damn dense.

Comment

Working...
                                X