Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a bad cold the last 2 weeks that may or may not be COVID and I was denied a test when I called a few days ago. This guy is such an impossible asshole. Like, I don't even get how you can be so cold and callous to the country facing a crisis right now.

Comment

• Basically any scientist or doctor during the last 3+ years:

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Stop being a pussy pajeet, violence is a part of nature. Trust me, if shit gets bad enough, you’re gonna wish you spent some time learning how to fish,
        I can hunt and fish, being a native Oregonian who didn't grow up in Portland, but I can't skin/clean for shit outside of the most basic ass fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Basically any scientist or doctor during the last 3+ years:

This was when Trump said "as I like to call it, the DEEP STATE department" when regarding how Americans abroad should handle going to the State department. Guy is such a fuckwit.

Comment

• He can’t do his stupid rallies or take off for the weekend to play golf and he’s having to actually be a president during a crisis.

We have a narcissist game show host as a president. I’d be more scared if he wasn’t being a blabbering idiot.

Comment

• PA shut down all non-life sustaining businesses. Beer distributors are considered life-sustainable. God is good.

Comment

• Pretty good video talking about when we can expect a vaccine. Really eplains the process and brings up some really good points about the costs that I'd never considered.

https://youtu.be/lv2bQ6lMvvw

Of course it's a YouTube video, so DPR will not watch it and somehow come to the conclusion it's Republican propaganda.

Comment

• WA governor giving a press conference now and he is very disappointed in us.

He actually told parents to threaten to cut kids out of their will if they keep going out and hanging with friends.

Comment

• Two fascinating articles on COVID:

This one tells you what actually happens in real time with your body when its attacked by SARS-CoV-2
                    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...infection.html

This article explains why SARS-CoV-2 is so contagious
                    https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...avirus/608338/

Please read this - there's lots of science but also explained in easy to understand language.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

TTU like a prophet over here. But I guess that Harvard epidemiologist's paper doesn't count as media.
                      It was Eric Feigl-Ding PHD he was saying we should ban travel from China. Now that is apparently racist and wouldn't have helped. Even though China is banning travel from anyone coming into the country.

Everything is fine, Trump is doing a great job.
                      I think Trump sucks but this tweet lacks full context.

The back-and-forth between Alexander and Trump began after the reporter asked if the president was giving Americans "a false sense of hope" around possible treatments for the coronavirus. "Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things is may be giving Americans a false sense of hope and misrepresenting preparedness right now?” Alexander asked. “No, I don’t think so,” Trump shot back. “Such a lovely question.” Alexander followed up with the other question. The first question is what set off Trump.

Also the reporters asked the President only about the Republican Senators who sold stock. Feinstein, a California Democrat, sold $500,001 to $1 million worth of stock in a company called Allogene Therapeutics on Jan. 31, less than a month before panic about the virus caused markets to plunge, Senate records show. Her husband sold $1,000,001 to $5 million worth of Allogene shares on Feb. 18, according to financial disclosures.
                      Last edited by TTURedRaider; 03-20-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

The back-and-forth between Alexander and Trump began after the reporter asked if the president was giving Americans "a false sense of hope" around possible treatments for the coronavirus. "Is it possible that your impulse to put a positive spin on things is may be giving Americans a false sense of hope and misrepresenting preparedness right now?” Alexander asked. “No, I don’t think so,” Trump shot back. “Such a lovely question.” Alexander followed up with the other question. The first question is what set off Trump.
                        Exactomundo - I posted this yesterday after I came across a similar article
                        http://fvsports.com/forum/forum/poli...570#post507570
                        Last edited by sctrojan; 03-20-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Trump pushing dangerous misinformation right now like a fucking idiot -

Comment

• I don't think anyone was saying it could be used as a vaccine, as you and Jake seem to indicate.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I think Trump sucks but this tweet lacks full context.

If he can't handle that question, or if such a question sets him off like that, then he shouldn't be up there in the first place. Trump is outright lying to the public and has been for months and he finally got a tough-ish question and thinks it is outlandish enough to personally attack the reporter. Context or none, answer the question like a reasonable adult. We didn't see Obama or Romney or McCain or Hillary lashing out like that when faced with difficult questions. Get real.

I mean, if Alexander suggested Barron was retarded right before that, then sure, Trump could personally attack him like he did. Short of that, no.

Also the reporters asked the President only about the Republican Senators who sold stock. Feinstein, a California Democrat, sold $500,001 to $1 million worth of stock in a company called Allogene Therapeutics on Jan. 31, less than a month before panic about the virus caused markets to plunge, Senate records show. Her husband sold $1,000,001 to $5 million worth of Allogene shares on Feb. 18, according to financial disclosures.
                              Even Glenn Greenwald who hates Feinstein thought looping Feinstein in with the rest was a stretch. Burr and Loeffler caught the brunt of it because they were by far the most egregious examples. Burr was caught on a secret recording talking about changing business plans to wealthy donors while saying nothing to the public and dumping his own stock. Loeffler had not made any transactions for the prior 6 months but then dumped 17 stocks and bought two telecom stocks, including Citrix, immediately after that briefing. Like, come the fuck on.

As for Feinstein:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-s...125412669.html

I dunno. Seems like sort of an innocuous stock to dump in prep for a pandemic. If she dumped airline stock and bought into Zoom you'd have a strong case.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                                I don't think anyone was saying it could be used as a vaccine, as you and Jake seem to indicate.
                                The issue is Trump is again giving a false sense of hope to the people and may be making things worse. If people think a cure/vaccine is right around the corner, they might not be as careful about social distancing or any of that. And if that cure doesn't come to fruition and all of those people stopped social distancing, then things are infinitely worse.

Trump, for the duration of this, has consistently gambled that it won't be as bad. And it's having devastating consequences. Look at South Korea. They didn't gamble, prepared for the absolute worst, and have it under control. They had their first case the same day as we did and we have a looong ways to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X