Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It seems that repubs are incapable of feeling shame from hypocrisy - Trump said Corona was a hoax and he said they had it 100% under control - now he says he was the first one to claim it was a pandemic and that 100% under control quote was that 100% of his admin was under control.


    Words seem to have lost all meaning in a Trump world. Election day 2020 can't come soon enough - even if Biden makes gaffes - he atleast fesses up

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ibleed View Post

      Was that before or after they called the China travel ban unjust and to worry about the flu before the coronavirus?
      That China Travel Ban along with the European Travel Ban is still the worst policy if you're evacuating only US citizens out of those hotzones.
      That travel ban was the reason our economy is in the dumps.

      Why would US citizens be any less exposed than other foreigners? And why would people with Russian passports be exempt?
      Last edited by sctrojan; 03-19-2020, 12:07 PM.

      Comment


      • Hopefully someone sets up a training class on how to deal with a pandemic.

        Step 1) Do not blow your life savings on toilet paper
        Step 2) Do not sell all of your stock and take all of your cash out of the bank.
        ...........
        ........
        ...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DPR View Post

          Again, Mnuchin said such a system wouldn't send checks out until the end of April.



          3 weeks is * checks notes * faster than 5 weeks that Mnuchin is suggesting.



          If you think a single cash payment of a thousand dollars is going to fix this then I don't know what to tell you. I'll require several months of payments, which is why expanding UE is perfectly acceptable. Or just scrap all entitlements and go with Yang's UBI from here on out.
          Yes, and that’s the fast way in this scenario. Flood the unemployment offices with applications from 20% of the American workforce and see how long it takes. You’ll have riots before half the applications are processed.

          Three weeks under normal circumstances with low/mid single digit unemployment numbers, or are you intentionally not reading again? Times that number by about 5 and that’s how long it would take in this situation.

          It won’t fix it, but it will give people the ability to keep their lights on and buy some food, which is a hell of a lot more than waiting 4 months for an unemployment check will do. And the short term low interest loans shit Schumer is proposing? Bitch. Please. The last thing the average American needs is more debt.

          Comment


          • "The FDA is committed to continuing to provide regulatory flexibility and guidance, but let me make one thing clear: the FDA's responsibility to the American people is to ensure that products are safe and effective," he said.


            Fuck the FDA - people are going ahead in other countries with their own virus detection kits as well as their own remedies - such as Malaria tablets. The FDA can talk all it wants about looking out for Americans - they are the epitome of a Cover Your Ass organization. They don't want to be blamed for anything. They stand in the way of progress and other nations are far more advanced in med-tech than the US.

            THE FDA NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!

            Comment


            • Politics aside. Find a way to help people as quickly as possible. The end.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                Politics aside. Find a way to help people as quickly as possible. The end.
                Malaria Tablets have been found to be an effective treatment.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

                  Malaria Tablets have been found to be an effective treatment.
                  In route, props to Bayer.

                  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN21637E

                  Comment


                  • No Dr. Fauci today is a terrible sign that the Trump admin is going further down the wrong direction. Guy was the only competent person at any of these briefings. Probably said something Trump didn't like behind the scenes about actual science.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                      Yes, it is. Direct cash payments to all American adult citizens (or at least as many as you can get the money to) is a million times faster than any means tested, low interest loan bullshit that the Dems are talking about. Don’t let your party affiliations force you to sound like a retard.

                      Yeah, I’m sure they can process unemployment benefits for like 20% of the workforce in no time at all. Just run the applications through and mail the checks, no biggie! Seriously, when was the last time you actually interacted with the government? I’ve applied for unemployment twice, was approved the first time in both instances, and it took me almost three weeks to get my first check. This is under normal circumstances with relatively low unemployment. The government sucks ass.

                      Nobody cares about that shit, because the average citizen wasn’t impacted. I don’t think you realize what’s going on here, so let me spell it out for you: At the rate this is going, a quarter of the American labor force could be either laid off or unemployed in the next month. Nothing like this has ever happened in the modern era, and it requires an extreme and immediate response. A direct cash payment (or 2 as many have suggestion) is the most efficient way to do that, bar none.
                      download.png

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ibleed View Post

                        Was that before or after they called the China travel ban unjust and to worry about the flu before the coronavirus?
                        Here's the issue. Credible scientists from Dr. Fauci, to the CDC, to university researchers were warning Trump and telling the federal government to get more prepared in January(or at the latest, late February). Trump was still calling it a hoax at this point and doing absolutely nothing. He spent about 3 weeks claiming it was a hoax and then suddenly changed his mind this week. We still don't have enough tests, we're running out of hospital beds.

                        He then told governors they were on their own when it comes to respirators.

                        I don't give a fuck about cable news or the politics, but I do give a fuck about saving lives. Trump's response has been absolutely fucking pathetic and completely self-absorbed. Even in the time of what will certainly be a tragedy in terms of large scale deaths of elderly, he can't even show a shred of decency or humanity. It's indefensible.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                          Here's the issue. Credible scientists from Dr. Fauci, to the CDC, to university researchers were warning Trump and telling the federal government to get more prepared in January(or at the latest, late February). Trump was still calling it a hoax at this point and doing absolutely nothing. He spent about 3 weeks claiming it was a hoax and then suddenly changed his mind this week. We still don't have enough tests, we're running out of hospital beds.

                          He then told governors they were on their own when it comes to respirators.

                          I don't give a fuck about cable news or the politics, but I do give a fuck about saving lives. Trump's response has been absolutely fucking pathetic and completely self-absorbed. Even in the time of what will certainly be a tragedy in terms of large scale deaths of elderly, he can't even show a shred of decency or humanity. It's indefensible.
                          In his defense he had his hands full trying to line up funneling money to his son-in-laws health insurance business.

                          That takes a lot of work.

                          Comment


                          • Regarding the Chinese virus people, Trump was calling it Coronavirus for a while and only recently started calling it Chinese virus. He's been adamant about calling it that now. One thing Trump does very well is branding. He always stays on brand. He wants this known as the Chinese virus. Ask yourself why.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

                              That China Travel Ban along with the European Travel Ban is still the worst policy if you're evacuating only US citizens out of those hotzones.
                              That travel ban was the reason our economy is in the dumps.

                              Why would US citizens be any less exposed than other foreigners? And why would people with Russian passports be exempt?
                              Holy shit an SCT post that makes sense.

                              Comment


                              • The rebranding of Wuhan Coronavirus or COVID-17or SARS-2 as "Chinavirus" is extra Trump-y.

                                Fuck helping anyone, we have to get on BRAND! KAGA MAGA!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X