Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Because Democrats want to give them aid, but differ with Trump on how to go about it? You're acting like Trump has the checks in the mail and Nancy is at the post office slashing the carrier trucks.
    No, they want to play politics, and everybody can see that. A direct cash payment is the fastest and most efficient way to get the American people the aid they need. This whole short term loan/only give it to people who need it/expand unemployment bullshit will take weeks or months to manifest. By the time their plans come into action, not only is the country completely fucked, but they’ll likely have to do a cash payout anyway in the meantime to stabilize things. People haven’t forgotten how bad they fucked up the ACA rollout.

Comment

Schumer said expanding UE benefits would be more effective. I dunno, doesn't seem unreasonable.

I mean, again doesn't seem that unreasonable.
      Except for the fact that anything she proposes will be slow as fuck, disqualify shit loads of people on bogus grounds, and likely be extremely ineffective in addressing the real problem. We’ve seen how this plays out before.

Comment

Because Democrats want to give them aid, but differ with Trump on how to go about it? You're acting like Trump has the checks in the mail and Nancy is at the post office slashing the carrier trucks.
        That’s basically what’s happening. Trump is 100% on board with cash payments ASAP

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
          Speaking of fake news...

Hannity is a disingenuous shill. Nothing more.

Comment

• Beamer: Speaking of fake news

Also Beamer

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Got to love quoting opinion pieces like it’s actual legitimate news.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

No, they want to play politics, and everybody can see that.
              Trump has been playing politics this whole time.

A direct cash payment is the fastest and most efficient way to get the American people the aid they need.
              Is it?

This whole short term loan/only give it to people who need it/expand unemployment bullshit will take weeks or months to manifest.
              It doesn't take months to process UE benefits. And in case you didn't notice, Mnuchin said checks wouldn't go out until the end of April with the direct Trump Bux.

By the time their plans come into action, not only is the country completely fucked, but they’ll likely have to do a cash payout anyway in the meantime to stabilize things. People haven’t forgotten how bad they fucked up the ACA rollout.
              And people haven't forgotten about the numerous government shutdowns issued by Republicans in a tantrum over losing the ACA vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                Beamer: Speaking of fake news

Also Beamer

Are you saying Hannity doesn't consider himself news? Because even in that still, the chyron says breaking news.

Comment

Beamer: Speaking of fake news

Also Beamer

LMFAO. You're a fucking putz if you think this is remotely the same thing.

Comment

Are you saying Hannity doesn't consider himself news? Because even in that still, the chyron says breaking news.
                    Quick - go bump every single time he's posted something from Rachel Maddow

Comment

No. He does the same thing Maddow, NYT, WaPo, Buzzfeed, Lemon, Ingram, Tucker, and all the others do....push out their opinions and try to portray them as news.

People fall for it all the damn time. See above.

Comment

Trump has been playing politics this whole time.

Is it?

It doesn't take months to process UE benefits. And in case you didn't notice, Mnuchin said checks wouldn't go out until the end of April with the direct Trump Bux.

And people haven't forgotten about the numerous government shutdowns issued by Republicans in a tantrum over losing the ACA vote.
                        Yes, it is. Direct cash payments to all American adult citizens (or at least as many as you can get the money to) is a million times faster than any means tested, low interest loan bullshit that the Dems are talking about. Don’t let your party affiliations force you to sound like a retard.

Yeah, I’m sure they can process unemployment benefits for like 20% of the workforce in no time at all. Just run the applications through and mail the checks, no biggie! Seriously, when was the last time you actually interacted with the government? I’ve applied for unemployment twice, was approved the first time in both instances, and it took me almost three weeks to get my first check. This is under normal circumstances with relatively low unemployment. The government sucks ass.

Nobody cares about that shit, because the average citizen wasn’t impacted. I don’t think you realize what’s going on here, so let me spell it out for you: At the rate this is going, a quarter of the American labor force could be either laid off or unemployed in the next month. Nothing like this has ever happened in the modern era, and it requires an extreme and immediate response. A direct cash payment (or 2 as many have suggestion) is the most efficient way to do that, bar none.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Yes, it is. Direct cash payments to all American adult citizens (or at least as many as you can get the money to) is a million times faster than any means tested, low interest loan bullshit that the Dems are talking about. Don’t let your party affiliations force you to sound like a retard.
                          Again, Mnuchin said such a system wouldn't send checks out until the end of April.

Yeah, I’m sure they can process unemployment benefits for like 20% of the workforce in no time at all. Just run the applications through and mail the checks, no biggie! Seriously, when was the last time you actually interacted with the government? I’ve applied for unemployment twice, was approved the first time in both instances, and it took me almost three weeks to get my first check. This is under normal circumstances with relatively low unemployment. The government sucks ass.
                          3 weeks is * checks notes * faster than 5 weeks that Mnuchin is suggesting.

Nobody cares about that shit, because the average citizen wasn’t impacted. I don’t think you realize what’s going on here, so let me spell it out for you: At the rate this is going, a quarter of the American labor force could be either laid off or unemployed in the next month. Nothing like this has ever happened in the modern era, and it requires an extreme and immediate response. A direct cash payment (or 2 as many have suggestion) is the most efficient way to do that, bar none.
                          If you think a single cash payment of a thousand dollars is going to fix this then I don't know what to tell you. I'll require several months of payments, which is why expanding UE is perfectly acceptable. Or just scrap all entitlements and go with Yang's UBI from here on out.

Comment

No. He does the same thing Maddow, NYT, WaPo, Buzzfeed, Lemon, Ingram, Tucker, and all the others do....push out their opinions and try to portray them as news.

However Maddow and Lemon and NYT and WaPo did say the Corona Virus was a real threat - that's news to you people -iBleed.

Comment

What bubble do you live in? Comparing Ingraham to WaPo makes you look like a complete retard.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

However Maddow and Lemon and NYT and WaPo did say the Corona Virus was a real threat - that's news to you people -iBleed.
                                Was that before or after they called the China travel ban unjust and to worry about the flu before the coronavirus?

Comment

Working...
                                X