Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I think this is now airborne and no longer just people sneezing or coughing in other people's faces. It might be deadly to simply go outside.

If it can stay on surfaces for hours - think about how droplets could become airborne and the virus remains alive encapsulated in that droplet
    Yeah, something tells me we’re all getting this shit, they just want to make clean up/containment easier

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

It’s not “now” airborne. It probably always was, you fucking idiot.
      Point remains though, this shit is likely already way out of control and the lockdowns are just to try and minimize the damage. One things for sure though, Italy’s numbers are proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that China was/is lying its ass off.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Willing to bet there were at least 3x as many cases than were reported so the mortality rate probably isn't that high.

Either way, it's a grim reminder that this shit is pretty ugly.
        It's amazing that countries that have few people getting tested are having higher rates. Italy isn't testing, so of course the mortality rate would be freakishly high. Even if a majority of people got it, odds are very few are going to die. This isn't the Bubonic Plague, despite what the least intelligent among us want to believe. I wouldn't be shocked if when it's all said and done, it is a 2-3% mortality rate, with the majority of deaths being people with significant health issues BEFORE they caught it. It's not an accident that the majority of American deaths have been among people in nursing homes and the like. People that were sickly anyway, and this just made it worse.

We should be doing what we can to limit exposure, but come the F on.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Point remains though, this shit is likely already way out of control and the lockdowns are just to try and minimize the damage. One things for sure though, Italy’s numbers are proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that China was/is lying its ass off.
          It's merely to slow it down and not overwhelm the medical facilities. That is all. Y/W

Comment

Lockdowns are to keep hospitals from becoming overwhelmed all at once. My completely uneducated guess is 25-30% gets it, most not even realizing it.

Comment

Point remains though, SCTrojan is a fucking idiot.

Seriously though, I hear ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

It’s not “now” airborne. It probably always was, you fucking idiot.
                By airborne I mean that you could be miles away from the nearest infected person and still get it because the droplet is carried by air for miles.

Does this mean it's like chemical warfare? No but you probably might consider wearing a mask even if you're not infected
                Last edited by sctrojan; 03-17-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

By airborne I mean that you could be miles away from the nearest infected person and still get it because the droplet is carried by air for miles.

Does this mean it's like chemical warfare? No but you probably might consider wearing a mask even if you're not infected

Comment

• Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

It's amazing that countries that have few people getting tested are having higher rates. Italy isn't testing, so of course the mortality rate would be freakishly high. Even if a majority of people got it, odds are very few are going to die. This isn't the Bubonic Plague, despite what the least intelligent among us want to believe. I wouldn't be shocked if when it's all said and done, it is a 2-3% mortality rate, with the majority of deaths being people with significant health issues BEFORE they caught it. It's not an accident that the majority of American deaths have been among people in nursing homes and the like. People that were sickly anyway, and this just made it worse.

We should be doing what we can to limit exposure, but come the F on.
                    2-3% is really fucking high. If that were children, that would be a kid per classroom gone. That's potentially 11 million dead Americans. And that's assuming that there isn't a second, worse wave like 1918. Epidemiologists know nothing about the long term effects of this virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

It's merely to slow it down and not overwhelm the medical facilities. That is all. Y/W
                      Exactly, they are just trying to prevent the health care system from being overwhelmed. Treatments are underway, they know that a vaccine is coming sooner than later. They need time to get all that stuff lined up. If you can prevent a ton of exposure by merely locking down the country, then so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

2-3% is really fucking high. If that were children, that would be a kid per classroom gone. That's potentially 11 million dead Americans. And that's assuming that there isn't a second, worse wave like 1918. Epidemiologists know nothing about the long term effects of this virus.
                        Well, the overwhelming majority of people that will die from this will be older people, or people with severely compromised immune systems. I'm looking at the worst case scenario, and while it is tragic, we also have to be compassionate to the people that will inevitably be left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post

Well, the overwhelming majority of people that will die from this will be older people, or people with severely compromised immune systems. I'm looking at the worst case scenario, and while it is tragic, we also have to be compassionate to the people that will inevitably be left behind.
                          Fucking CNN and MSNBC are screaming at the young people to think about the old people.

The flattening of the curve may save lives but its going to screw up the economy and will result in crime. I think I may eventually have to give in and buy a gun or atleast a sticker that says Protected by Smith and Wesson

Comment

• It may well end up 2-3% of people who are known to be infected. But it will not be 2-3% of the entire population. There will be many people who never knew they were exposed. Unless EVERYone gets tested, which is very unlikely, we will probably never know the full extent.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                              It may well end up 2-3% of people who are known to be infected. But it will not be 2-3% of the entire population. There will be many people who never knew they were exposed. Unless EVERYone gets tested, which is very unlikely, we will probably never know the full extent.
                              Corona Virus is going to be like measles or any other virus - once its in the human population it never really goes away - there will be out breaks and kill mostly the old and frail people - how long do you punish the rest of the population? It's not sustainable - we have to become more animal like - survival of the fittest until we find a vaccine and then we fucking vaccinate every fucking person on the planet including antivaxxers

Comment

Corona Virus is going to be like measles or any other virus - once its in the human population it never really goes away - there will be out breaks and kill mostly the old and frail people - how long do you punish the rest of the population? It's not sustainable - we have to become more animal like - survival of the fittest until we find a vaccine and then we fucking vaccinate every fucking person on the planet including antivaxxers
                                You would make a pretty good Nazi.

Comment

Working...
                                X