Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

That’s what Grant is saying, though. He’s saying Trump is withholding test kits even though doing so absolutely makes things worse on every level.

And it’s not Trump’s fault. I know your worldview requires that everything bad that happens is the fault of -insert Republican(s)-, but there’s zero chance this virus was going to be contained. Way too much international and domestic travel to keep this from going global.
    It's about ego, like all things Trump. He's intentionally withholding the kits so that less people are diagnosed, so it doesn't look like he's doing a shitty job.

The actual # of people with coronavirus is about 7-10x what we've announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

It's about ego, like all things Trump. He's intentionally withholding the kits so that less people are diagnosed, so it doesn't look like he's doing a shitty job.

The actual # of people with coronavirus is about 7-10x what we've announced.
      You’re a fucking idiot. Like I said before, the only thing worse than the number of infections going up is not knowing the extent of what we’re facing. Don’t believe me, ask your broker.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

You’re a fucking idiot. Like I said before, the only thing worse than the number of infections going up is not knowing the extent of what we’re facing. Don’t believe me, ask your broker.
        Drinking on a Monday, PBS?

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Drinking on a Monday, PBS?
          You’re sitting here saying that Donald Trump is intentionally doing something to hurt the U.S. economy and himself for no fucking reason, and I’m drinking? Look around bro, nobody else is co-signing your bullshit, because it makes zero sense.

Comment

• So they are going to have some sort of aid to the airlines, cruise, and hotel industry? What the hell? Putting aside Trump's financial interest in hotels. I feel like cruise ship companies need to be forced to adapt to this new reality. They are going to have to redesign those ships for when the sewage backs up or their is a disease outbreak. Airlines maybe we could do something but I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
              So they are going to have some sort of aid to the airlines, cruise, and hotel industry? What the hell? Putting aside Trump's financial interest in hotels. I feel like cruise ship companies need to be forced to adapt to this new reality. They are going to have to redesign those ships for when the sewage backs up or their is a disease outbreak. Airlines maybe we could do something but I dunno.
              Look at you with your big government ways. Anyone who has booked trips on cruise ships has known for decades there is a certain amount of risk involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                So they are going to have some sort of aid to the airlines, cruise, and hotel industry? What the hell? Putting aside Trump's financial interest in hotels. I feel like cruise ship companies need to be forced to adapt to this new reality. They are going to have to redesign those ships for when the sewage backs up or their is a disease outbreak. Airlines maybe we could do something but I dunno.
                Trump's really going to bail out his hotels with taxpayer dollars directly now, isn't he? Before he had enough shame to do it on the DL, but now he's going to just let it all ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Look at you with your big government ways. Anyone who has booked trips on cruise ships has known for decades there is a certain amount of risk involved.
                  I mean adapt on their own. We shouldn't pay for it. They should take worst case scenarios into account when building the ships and planning the cruises. Also passengers should now know if they didn't already going on cruise does have a certain amount of risk invovled.

Comment

• https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...liveBlogHeader

We're 10 days away from our hospitals getting "creamed" according to Trump's former DHS security head.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
                      https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...liveBlogHeader

We're 10 days away from our hospitals getting "creamed" according to Trump's former DHS security head.
                      Well, coastal dwellers.....

Comment

To me this is the type of approach that causes unnecessary mass panic and could lead to economic devastation.

I'm glad I just bought toilet paper.

Comment

I read about this in an article awhile back. Basically said our hospitals have shit surge capacity and very few empty beds on average, leaving us wide open for a dumpster fire if we have an epidemic.

Comment

The good news is we have a greater capacity at our hospitals. However yes the Feds, States, and businesses have been slow to let people stay home. If we do close it all down we are going to have to send some checks out since many people live paycheck to paycheck. So businesses are either going to need to give them paid time off or the government is going to have to send them a check.

The CEO of my mom's work which sent her to San Francisco said "We are open for business". A follow-up said he flew to Texas and Florida without getting sick. Later it said if you didn't want to travel talk about it with your managers but it didn't read like they were in favor of it. Now they sent out one saying they are adhering to CDC guidelines. CDC guidelines says people over 60 and with other health conditions shouldn't travel. So my mom fits that bill but she didn't want to tell her company that so she flew out Sunday and she gets back on Thursday. Meanwhile some guy in Frisco, TX flew to Silicon Valley and now he has it. My sister is nowfreaking out that my mom is now going to get it and die.

Comment

• If I were President I can tell you how I would handle cruise ships

Image result for ship torpedo sink gif

Air travel

and border security

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash View Post

To me this is the type of approach that causes unnecessary mass panic and could lead to economic devastation.

I'm glad I just bought toilet paper.

I hear ya, but maybe we should shut some shit down (not everything) so it doesn’t get there. We’re a stubborn people and often it’s a good think but sometimes it works against us. Economic devastation isn’t caused by hiccups of a month or two. It’s caused by overloading systems causing them to fail.

On another note Philly announced today that the St Patrick’s Day Parade is up for business...while advising people to not attend gatherings of over 5k. Fucking dipshits.

Comment

Working...
                                X