Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DPR View Post

    There are ways to help mitigate. Trump supposedly overrode CDC's recommendations to warn seniors against flying. And he called it a hoax recently, so there's that.

    Maybe none of it matters and we're all going to get infected anyway. But I do know that Trump isn't helping.
    He's trying to mitigate panic. But he's doing it very poorly.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

      The picture sharpens. Older or younger? Thanksgiving / Christmas fun? Also yes if I was President of the United States... I'm not sure my first pick to head up dealing with a infectious disease outbreak would be Mike Pence. I would probably want a person with some expertise in medicine who had experience doing something like that.
      Older by 8 years. Pence made comments a while ago trashing working mothers as not being good for their kids. She's a very hard-working mother with a good career (and a good mother too). She hates Mike Pence. So maybe there is some bias there.

      She oddly voted for Trump in 2016 but now can't stand him and wants him gone.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by daCat View Post

        He's trying to mitigate panic. But he's doing it very poorly.
        He tweeted an image of him fiddling yesterday saying nothing can stop what's coming.

        If he's trying to mitigate panic then I'd love to know what book he read on it.

        Comment


        • Well, as bad as Trump has been, BoJo thinks he can do one better. Suggests they need to strike a balance between taking safeguarded measures and "taking one on the chin" and just letting the disease run like wild through his constituency and hope not that many die.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DPR View Post

            Older by 8 years. Pence made comments a while ago trashing working mothers as not being good for their kids. She's a very hard-working mother with a good career (and a good mother too). She hates Mike Pence. So maybe there is some bias there.

            She oddly voted for Trump in 2016 but now can't stand him and wants him gone.
            I'm going to think of you as a liberal Alex P. Keaton now. My sister hates Pence as well. She really hates the Devos lady though.

            She also voted Trump in 2016 because she wasn't going to vote for Hillary. She voted for Klobuchar in the democratic primary. However, she thinks Biden is a creepy old man who isn't all there and won't vote for Bernie.

            Comment


            • "If the road you traveled brought you here, what good is the road?"

              Sometimes the world has a way of proving just how small each individual really is. You are all fairly intelligent people. Does it really matter if the most powerful person in the world is patting your hand and telling you it will be okay? You have the ability to reason. You can read about what this virus has done/is doing/will do.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by daCat View Post
                "If the road you traveled brought you here, what good is the road?"

                Sometimes the world has a way of proving just how small each individual really is. You are all fairly intelligent people. Does it really matter if the most powerful person in the world is patting your hand and telling you it will be okay? You have the ability to reason. You can read about what this virus has done/is doing/will do.

                An important quality of being a leader of a country is to be a good leader in general. I don’t take any advice from Trump seriously but a lot of people do. He’s giving them bad advice.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                  He's trying to mitigate panic. But he's doing it very poorly.
                  The thing is, I actually agree with Trump to an extent. The panic is unwarranted.

                  The problem is, Trump is such a buffoon that he's making the panic worse because nobody has any faith in him and the federal response to this has been pathetic. You know he's intentionally trying to keep test kits from being distributed because he wants to keep the #'s down to try and mitigate panic. This is a terrible idea and is only causing more panic.

                  If he just came out and said, wash your hands, things are alright, telecommute if you need to, we'll make sure everyone can get tested and that there's plenty of resources for hospitals, it'd be a better situation.
                  Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 03-09-2020, 12:28 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                    You know he's intentionally trying to keep test kits from being distributed because he wants to keep the #'s down to try and mitigate panic. This is a terrible idea and is only causing more panic.
                    You know, we got four years of investigations over Benghazi because four Americans died and the Obama admin allegedly bungled the response and lied about it. They made it into a movie.

                    Far more Americans will die from this and the Trump admin has bungled the response and has been lying to us about it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                      You know, we got four years of investigations over Benghazi because four Americans died and the Obama admin allegedly bungled the response and lied about it. They made it into a movie.

                      Far more Americans will die from this and the Trump admin has bungled the response and has been lying to us about it.
                      I want to know what brand of rubber bands you buy. The ones I use won't stretch this far.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                        The thing is, I actually agree with Trump to an extent. The panic is unwarranted.

                        The problem is, Trump is such a buffoon that he's making the panic worse because nobody has any faith in him and the federal response to this has been pathetic. You know he's intentionally trying to keep test kits from being distributed because he wants to keep the #'s down to try and mitigate panic. This is a terrible idea and is only causing more panic.

                        If he just came out and said, wash your hands, things are alright, telecommute if you need to, we'll make sure everyone can get tested and that there's plenty of resources for hospitals, it'd be a better situation.
                        Too complicated. Try again with a Hollywood style catch phrase.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                          You know, we got four years of investigations over Benghazi because four Americans died and the Obama admin allegedly bungled the response and lied about it. They made it into a movie.

                          Far more Americans will die from this and the Trump admin has bungled the response and has been lying to us about it.
                          Well, we'll get some movies out of this too, surely. Guarantee a best documentary feature at the Oscars circa 2023.

                          Investigations? Not so much. Although I'm positive that orange dotard is intentionally keeping people from getting tested.

                          Comment


                          • The consensus seems to be that Trump is far more concerned with how this will affect his campaign than he is about the virus itself.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

                              The thing is, I actually agree with Trump to an extent. The panic is unwarranted.

                              The problem is, Trump is such a buffoon that he's making the panic worse because nobody has any faith in him and the federal response to this has been pathetic. You know he's intentionally trying to keep test kits from being distributed because he wants to keep the #'s down to try and mitigate panic. This is a terrible idea and is only causing more panic.

                              If he just came out and said, wash your hands, things are alright, telecommute if you need to, we'll make sure everyone can get tested and that there's plenty of resources for hospitals, it'd be a better situation.
                              Dude no, read the news. Test kits aren’t widely available in the U.S. and many other countries right now. It’s not lack of use, it’s lack of supply.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                                The consensus seems to be that Trump is far more concerned with how this will affect his campaign than he is about the virus itself.
                                So you see this as Trump's Benghazi?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X