Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

We probably won’t know the extent of it for awhile. That’s the problem with China, everything’s so tightly controlled and the government is so full of shit that it takes forever to know what’s actually going on there.
    We still don't know how many students were executed during the Tiananmen Protests, I can't even imagine how many people they will sweep under the rug to limit this.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

We still don't know how many students were executed during the Tiananmen Protests, I can't even imagine how many people they will sweep under the rug to limit this.
      Millions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post
        All I can say is that the information circulating now is the very tip of the iceberg. To say China has under-reported the severity of this is a gross understatement. Ask yourself about quarantine hotels in China mysteriously collapsing. Millions of people being quarantined in Italy. And... that’s just some of the stories we actually are hearing.

At first, I wasn’t freaked out by this. And, as it stands now, most of us aren’t going to be affected immediately. But, if this virus continues to evolve? That could change in a hot second.
        Yeah probably a lot of people are going to be dead in China. But since they are a authoritarian government they can lock people down and the people don't break the rules. Here we have people breaking quarantine to go to public gatherings or work in hotels. Its going to be bad in Italy they are canceling mass for goodness sake until April 3rd. It's going to be bad in Iran which has spread it to the wider Middle East and other places like the US.

Also I don't know why Seattle isn't just canceling school, gatherings, etc. They need to be taking those measures.

Also the Trump Admin and CDC have really fucked this up. But we don't know how bad because we can't test enough to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Tin solders and Nixon's coming .... 4 Dead in Ohio

Comment

• President Donald Trump shook hands with CPAC chairman Matt Schlapp at the conservative conference last week, during which Schlapp engaged with an attendee who has since tested positive for the coronavirus.

The American Conservative Union said in a statement that the CPAC attendee was exposed to the coronavirus prior to the conference, which took place Feb. 26-29 in National Harbor, Maryland.
            https://people.com/politics/donald-t...d-coronavirus/

Comment

• This isn't all on Trump, but for how long have health officials been on the "don't shake hands" train?

Comment

• Comment

I’m also fascinated by Trump turning this mess over to Pence. That, in an of itself, is weird. But, that... followed by the latest news concerning a cruise ship with dozens infected and many more likely to be infected, after which Trump basically said, “I think they should stay on the ship but it’s not my call.” That’s... interesting. I can’t believe that Trump would allow a subordinate to take the fall for mishandling of this in an election year. He surely wouldn’t do that, would he?

Yes. Yes, he would. Pence is just too blind to see that Trump shoved him down in the bus lane, with a bus 10 feet away from running him over.
                  I hate to say this...gosh I hate to say this, but

1. Trump is smart enough to know that this whole thing, even from the beginning, could make or break him. Even with your "Trust me guys" comment above, there' s a lot we don't know.
                  2. Pence isn't dumb. (gosh I hate defending him). Sometimes, you gotta fall on the sword.

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/ben-ca...ips-passengers

Great. We have a "plan" but nobody can see the plan. It's a super secret plan. Meanwhile, the ship is docking today and we are still keeping the plan, which will require some public buy-in I assume, a secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by theBHMAguy View Post

I hate to say this...gosh I hate to say this, but

1. Trump is smart enough to know that this whole thing, even from the beginning, could make or break him. Even with your "Trust me guys" comment above, there' s a lot we don't know.
                      2. Pence isn't dumb. (gosh I hate defending him). Sometimes, you gotta fall on the sword.
                      Trump is smart enough to put distance between himself and this pandemic. I’m not sure if punting it to Pence isn’t a bit too transparent. And, maybe Pence does know he’s the sacrificial lamb. And if so? Yikes. That’s a stupid level of blind loyalty.

Comment

Trump is smart enough to put distance between himself and this pandemic. I’m not sure if punting it to Pence isn’t a bit too transparent. And, maybe Pence does know he’s the sacrificial lamb. And if so? Yikes. That’s a stupid level of blind loyalty.
                        I do think Pence is pretty stupid. I have no idea what he's said or done that makes Bunger think he's a smart guy.

FWIW, my very Republican sister who is a rare disease researcher for a company in Indianapolis went off on a rant the other day about how big of an idiot Pence is and how putting him in charge of this was a terrible mistake.

So, FWIW.

Comment

• 10 page thread, not one mention of the greatest thing to come out of this new strand of flu that people all are freaking out about...

Leave it to the Vietnamese to lead the way.

Comment

• Is there anyone who thinks there is/was any way to stop the spread of this virus?

You should probably have contacted the WHO and the CDC and informed them, because they've been saying it couldn't be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

I do think Pence is pretty stupid. I have no idea what he's said or done that makes Bunger think he's a smart guy.

FWIW, my very Republican sister who is a rare disease researcher for a company in Indianapolis went off on a rant the other day about how big of an idiot Pence is and how putting him in charge of this was a terrible mistake.

So, FWIW.
                              The picture sharpens. Older or younger? Thanksgiving / Christmas fun? Also yes if I was President of the United States... I'm not sure my first pick to head up dealing with a infectious disease outbreak would be Mike Pence. I would probably want a person with some expertise in medicine who had experience doing something like it before.

Originally posted by daCat View Post
                              Is there anyone who thinks there is/was any way to stop the spread of this virus?

You should probably have contacted the WHO and the CDC and informed them, because they've been saying it couldn't be done.
                              You can't outright stop it yet. But you can work to contain and mitigate it. The Trump Admin could have done a better job on that front.
                              Last edited by TTURedRaider; 03-09-2020, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                                Is there anyone who thinks there is/was any way to stop the spread of this virus?

There are ways to help mitigate. Trump supposedly overrode CDC's recommendations to warn seniors against flying. And he called it a hoax recently, so there's that.

Maybe none of it matters and we're all going to get infected anyway. But I do know that Trump isn't helping.

Comment

Working...
                                X