Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking Louie Gohmert. These guys are in a literal death cult.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
      Fucking Louie Gohmert. These guys are in a literal death cult.

https://twitter.com/jakesherman/stat...282483201?s=21

Comment

• Ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Bro. I saw one today at 7-11. Kinda a big girl but dressed in a sun dress and heels. No mask. I should have recorded it. I’m kicking myself, as that 7-11 literally won’t check you out without a mask. This Karen got super worked up, literally walking in a circle stomping around, cursing at the lady, saying she has a health condition. The clerk asked her what condition. More screaming. A customer ahead of me asked her what condition she had. “I don’t have to tell any of you what my condition is!” At this point, I joined the frey. “I too am curious as to what condition you suffer from that warrants putting us all at risk, just so you can get your 7:30 Slurpee?” At this point, she’s screaming at everyone, yet no one in particular. It was frightening. It was hilarious. Most of us started stepping back, as spittle was flying from her unmasked mouth. Before leaving — finally — she threw her sandwich down on the ground, and stomped on it. Again... in heels. As she walked away, her heel had harpooned the sandwich, forcing her to delay her exit long enough to dislodge the sandwich from her shoe... which almost resulted in her falling on her ass. To be fair, it has to be pretty difficult to stand on one high heel, in a dress, while screaming at anything and everything, to remove a sandwich from your other shoe. If she did fall, I’m guessing none of us would help her up. As she left — finally — we all clapped.
          You clapped?

Comment

• Brazil's First Lady (Bolsanaro's wife) now tests positive.

Trump is one lucky guy

Comment

• https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...-into-thin-air

Inside the White House, over much of March and early April, Kushner’s handpicked group of young business associates, which included a former college roommate, teamed up with several top experts from the diagnostic-testing industry. Together, they hammered out the outline of a national testing strategy. The group—working night and day, using the encrypted platform WhatsApp—emerged with a detailed plan obtained by Vanity Fair.

330 million Americans and somehow the best and brightest just so happened to room with Jared Kushner in college. Funny that.

The group’s collective lack of relevant experience was far from the only challenge it faced. The obstacles arrayed against any effective national testing effort included: limited laboratory capacity, supply shortages, huge discrepancies in employers’ abilities to cover testing costs for their employees, an enormous number of uninsured Americans, and a fragmented diagnostic-testing marketplace.

According to one participant, the group did not coordinate its work with a diagnostic-testing team at Health and Human Services, working under Admiral Brett Giroir, who was appointed as the nation’s “testing czar” on March 12. Kushner’s group was “in their own bubble,” said the participant. “Other agencies were in their own bubbles. The circles never overlapped.”
              Wonderful. These guys are real fucking geniuses here.

By early April, some who worked on the plan were given the strong impression that it would soon be shared with President Trump and announced by the White House. The plan, though imperfect, was a starting point. Simply working together as a nation on it “would have put us in a fundamentally different place,” said the participant.

But the effort ran headlong into shifting sentiment at the White House. Trusting his vaunted political instincts, President Trump had been downplaying concerns about the virus and spreading misinformation about it—efforts that were soon amplified by Republican elected officials and right-wing media figures. Worried about the stock market and his reelection prospects, Trump also feared that more testing would only lead to higher case counts and more bad publicity. Meanwhile, Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House’s coronavirus response coordinator, was reportedly sharing models with senior staff that optimistically—and erroneously, it would turn out—predicted the virus would soon fade away.
              Birx's career is over once Trump is out of office. I hope she wears this stain proudly.

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.

That logic may have swayed Kushner. “It was very clear that Jared was ultimately the decision maker as to what [plan] was going to come out,” the expert said.
              Ah, good ole Republican instincts. If you can't craft effective policy, try to find a Democrat to blame. Aside from nasty politicking, the above again highlights just how fucking awful the electoral college is.

I keep saying it over and over again, but it isn't just a system to "prevent tyranny", which it doesn't actually do. It's a system that pits states against each other when electing a single leader. It's just an absolutely terrible system that has now cost countless lives.

Comment

• Kushner's coronavirus team shied away from a national strategy, believing that the virus was hitting Democratic states hardest and that they could blame governors, report says

Then it hit Florida, Texas and Geirgia

Comment

• So, I legit met a person last night who believes that a government mandate on wearing a mask in public is a way of making citizens more pliable to accepting government mandates to wear hijabs. Truly fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                    So, I legit met a person last night who believes that a government mandate on wearing a mask in public is a way of making citizens more pliable to accepting government mandates to wear hijabs. Truly fascinating.
                    You live in Va Beach right? Because what the fuck how do you meet so many dipshits on a daily basis?

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/02/u...s-vaccine.html

“DEADLINE: Enable broad access to the public by October 2020,” the first slide read, with the date in bold.
                      Fucking great. In a desperate effort to get a political win, Trump is trying to force a vaccine through by October, whether it is medically sound or not.

Comment

• Iran under reported Virus Deaths by 30,000....https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53598965

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

You live in Va Beach right? Because what the fuck how do you meet so many dipshits on a daily basis?
                          Norfolk. But, I was out in VB when I met this dude. The Beach has lots and lots of Trumptards.

Comment

• Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                            Iran under reported Virus Deaths by 30,000....https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53598965
                            Still less than the US

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Still less than the US
                              not by % of population

Comment

• Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                                not by % of population
                                Oh nowwwwww you want to talk about % of population numbers? How convenient...

Comment

Working...
                                X