Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
    I'm sorry to have to say it, but I won't waste a lot of time responding to idiots like you and trojan. If you want substance in your replies, you have to offer some yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
      I honestly don't get the need to take up for Trump. Americans are dying in the thousands and he talks about getting good TV ratings. He should get shit for that. Hes also claiming to have absolute power because he doesn't understand the Constitution or federalism. Imagine President Obama did any of this shit and Republicans being remotely okay with it.
      Absolute power, but zero responsibility. It's a dream come true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Thank you.

Comment

1: The US does NOT have the worst outbreak in the world. Stop saying that, it's an outright lie.
          2: Dr Fauci has said numerous times we didn't have enough information from the get go in large part because the Chinese govt was withholding far too much information. Hind sight tells us plenty. But go ahead and name me one politician who came out early with what would have presented a proper preparation and response. Hint: You're going to need to back that up.
          3: Trump is always full of shit, but much of what he was doing early on was attempting to calm the public, who the media was whipping into a frenzy with all manner of speculations- most of which were complete bullshit.
          4: Democrat leadership was too busy calling him a xenophobe for "over-reacting".
          5: He didn't dissolve shit, he consolidated agencies to operate under simpler management. There is likely a good argument to be made regarding what kind of moron was left in charge, but that same thing could be said about the admin who left emergency supplies at dangerously low levels.
          6: Apparently you can't or don't read much of this forum, because Trump is the culprit behind Aunt Patsy's toothache and Uncle Jake's bunions. He also kicked a dog and set a cat on fire.

7: His claiming "absolute authority" is mind numbingly dumb. It reeks of desperation, fear, and huge amounts of stress. I would venture to say the pressure is getting to him.
          I didn't get past #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

I didn't get past #1.
            Thank you for a well thought out and lucid reply. You do your degree much justice.

Comment

I don't read his tweets due to the facepalm value. But I'm not one to be sucked in by con artists and their gift of gab. So him acting like a dumbass is not a lot different to me than somebody trying to sell me bullshit and calling it roses. I tend to look at results. And believe me, Trump has done plenty that goes against my desires/beliefs. For instance, I like the fact he went after the shitty trade deals. I like the fact he has made a few moves to reduce the size of government. And on the other hand, I hate how he spends money like there is no tomorrow. I also despise his tendency to value his cabinet and aides based on fealty instead of ability to do the job. I'm also not big on nepotism.

I've never thought of him as being someone I wanted as President, thus I didn't vote for his bloviating ass. I would love to have a viable alternative. Pretty sure I've made that clear with my support of Tulsi Gabbard. But Joe Biden isn't it. I wasn't kidding when I said I would write in my dog as a candidate.

But none of this matters in regards to the current problem with this pandemic. I doubt him being the best to handle it, but I've not seen anyone in any position of power, or with aspirations to that power, that has offered any kind of plan that was better. Apparently I'm not alone with this either, because I have asked on this board numerous times for someone to point out who had a better plan and all I get are blank stares.
              All fair points. You made sense in this post.

I have said how I thought Trump should have handled this. It starts with having the ability to listen to others that know a lot more than Trump does. That is his greatest disability in terms of his presidency. If you take out the rage tweeting, the surly demeanor, the dog whistle politics and all the unsavory morality, this is why he’s the worst, to me, in my mind.

While he might get a few right here and there, what worries me is that, at a time like this, Trump is STILL focused more on himself than he is the country. He refuses to listen to the experts until they say something to offer him or he has some way to gain. He has a need to be seen as the smartest guy in the room. For Trump, admitting you’re not the authority on something is tantamount to admitting weakness. And he hates that. Bigly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

All fair points. You made sense in this post.

I have said how I thought Trump should have handled this. It starts with having the ability to listen to others that know a lot more than Trump does. That is his greatest disability in terms of his presidency. If you take out the rage tweeting, the surly demeanor, the dog whistle politics and all the unsavory morality, this is why he’s the worst, to me, in my mind.

While he might get a few right here and there, what worries me is that, at a time like this, Trump is STILL focused more on himself than he is the country. He refuses to listen to the experts until they say something to offer him or he has some way to gain. He has a need to be seen as the smartest guy in the room. For Trump, admitting you’re not the authority on something is tantamount to admitting weakness. And he hates that. Bigly.
                Of course I have opinions as to what would have been better, having the luxury of hindsight. But the truth is this is all centered on difficult decisions. And the balance between saving some people's lives vs sacrificing the entire economy is getting more difficult every day. And worse, no matter which decision you make, for many, it will be wrong. To quote George Clooney from his role in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, "We're in a tough spot" is putting the decision maker's position lightly.

But personally, I think, moving forward, we have to start opening the country back up. Starting with areas that have been the least affected. Monitored closely in the event of a renewed outbreak. Cities are of course the most affected and should only consider this after showing meaningful declines in the numbers of infected. Again, monitored very closely.

Comment

Of course I have opinions as to what would have been better, having the luxury of hindsight. But the truth is this is all centered on difficult decisions. And the balance between saving some people's lives vs sacrificing the entire economy is getting more difficult every day. And worse, no matter which decision you make, for many, it will be wrong. To quote George Clooney from his role in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, "We're in a tough spot" is putting the decision maker's position lightly.

But personally, I think, moving forward, we have to start opening the country back up. Starting with areas that have been the least affected. Monitored closely in the event of a renewed outbreak. Cities are of course the most affected and should only consider this after showing meaningful declines in the numbers of infected. Again, monitored very closely.
                  Okay. What segments do we open up? Like literally, where do we start? Most restaurant owners I know, while eager to get back to business, aren’t wild about opening up prematurely. Hell, man. You could get a spike just from all the people who are going to exit their homes in troves on that day to do whatever, whether it’s going to a restaurant or a bar to get drunk and get laid.

I get the notion that the prescription is worse than the sickness. But dude. It’s been a fucking month. It sucks, I get it. I’m going nuts. But, it’s really not Trump’s sole decision to make. I don’t want a man I view as singularly self-serving ordering the governor of Virginia to do something he doesn’t think is safe.

And, what happens if Northam says he’s not going to do it? How does Trump enforce that? Short answer? He can’t. He can rage on Twitter. But do you think he’ll send the National Guard to the Capital? I doubt it. Talk about bad optics in terms of State’s Rights. He’d be writing his own attack ads.

Comment

It's really telling that not one of you can name a single politician with any kind of power that offered a more viable path through this thing. Not in December, not in January, not in February. All you can find is those saying what was done was wrong, based solely on hindsight. Biden has offered a mouthful of gobbly gook since the first of April that is the total opposite of his mutterings from earlier.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out several of you have massive stockpiles of toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Comment

• Aaaand its a republican:
                      GOP congressman says letting more Americans die of coronavirus is lesser of two evils compared to economy tanking

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Ha. Just noticed that. I pulled it off Twitter. I wouldn't actually take a picture of my TV.
                        I noticed it because I tried cleaning my screen before realizing that it was on the picture itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Okay. What segments do we open up? Like literally, where do we start? Most restaurant owners I know, while eager to get back to business, aren’t wild about opening up prematurely. Hell, man. You could get a spike just from all the people who are going to exit their homes in troves on that day to do whatever, whether it’s going to a restaurant or a bar to get drunk and get laid.

I get the notion that the prescription is worse than the sickness. But dude. It’s been a fucking month. It sucks, I get it. I’m going nuts. But, it’s really not Trump’s sole decision to make. I don’t want a man I view as singularly self-serving ordering the governor of Virginia to do something he doesn’t think is safe.

And, what happens if Northam says he’s not going to do it? How does Trump enforce that? Short answer? He can’t. He can rage on Twitter. But do you think he’ll send the National Guard to the Capital? I doubt it. Talk about bad optics in terms of State’s Rights. He’d be writing his own attack ads.
                          What I proposed has nothing to do with political bullshit. Nor should it be considered political. And the outline should be exactly as I said. Places with hardly any effect from the virus should open up, while monitoring the possibility of an outbreak. Yes, this excludes pocket areas and most cities that are still subject to spreading the virus.

There does appear to be higher population areas that have gotten a handle on it, though these are few at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by md21 View Post
                            He’ll ignore it just like he ignored mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

He’ll ignore it just like he ignored mine.

People only see what they want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by md21 View Post

People only see what they want to see.
                                Some knives have 2 edges.

Comment

Working...
                                X