Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

You really need to turn off Fox News because half of that shit isn’t remotely true.
    Like I give a fuck about the opinion of some random irrational fuck from DC. FYI, I don't trust FOX anymore than I do CNN.
    Last edited by daCat; 04-14-2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
      I honestly don't get the need to take up for Trump. Americans are dying in the thousands and he talks about getting good TV ratings. He should get shit for that. Hes also claiming to have absolute power because he doesn't understand the Constitution or federalism. Imagine President Obama did any of this shit and Republicans being remotely okay with it.
      Going in reverse, let’s start with Trump claiming that he has absolute power. Let’s be honest with ourselves and admit he’s thought this all along. It more or less explains every action he’s taken. If we put every misdeed he has done since assuming the office of President in this context — a ruler with total authority and absolute power — it’s easy to see how Trump views his actions as all being perfect. He honest to God believes he has the authority to do anything he wants. It’s the ultimate power trip.

I remember the good ‘ole days, where DaCat accused Obama of believing he was a monarch. And yet, here we have a President who outright proclaims this... and, we’re greeted with silence. What is it about Trump that leaves people who were skeptical about every action made by Obama so pliable? Especially since they were the first ones to ridicule anyone who used the very same arguments they now use for Trump: Just because I don’t hate every single facet about _______ doesn’t make me _______. It’s just fascinating.

I’ve already posted a fair bit about how I feel concerning Trump’s crowing about ratings. Trump lacks any sense of empathy. He’s a narcissistic of the highest order.

Man, I bet Obama wishes that he had the panacea that Trump enjoys for each and every despicable statement he makes. It’s always a variant of the following: He’s a loud-mouth New Yorker, He’s an asshole, but _______, If we could just get him to stop talking/tweeting...

All of these excuses are just that: excuses. If any other President had dared to say even a fraction of the things Trump has said, behaved as Trump has behaved... many would be saying that the guy needs to go. And yet, with Trump, there is literally nothing he can do to lose the support he enjoys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Going in reverse, let’s start with Trump claiming that he has absolute power. Let’s be honest with ourselves and admit he’s thought this all along. It more or less explains every action he’s taken. If we put every misdeed he has done since assuming the office of President in this context — a ruler with total authority and absolute power — it’s easy to see how Trump views his actions as all being perfect. He honest to God believes he has the authority to do anything he wants. It’s the ultimate power trip.

I remember the good ‘ole days, where DaCat accused Obama of believing he was a monarch. And yet, here we have a President who outright proclaims this... and, we’re greeted with silence. What is it about Trump that leaves people who were skeptical about every action made by Obama so pliable? Especially since they were the first ones to ridicule anyone who used the very same arguments they now use for Trump: Just because I don’t hate every single facet about _______ doesn’t make me _______. It’s just fascinating.

I’ve already posted a fair bit about how I feel concerning Trump’s crowing about ratings. Trump lacks any sense of empathy. He’s a narcissistic of the highest order.

Man, I bet Obama wishes that he had the panacea that Trump enjoys for each and every despicable statement he makes. It’s always a variant of the following: He’s a loud-mouth New Yorker, He’s an asshole, but _______, If we could just get him to stop talking/tweeting...

All of these excuses are just that: excuses. If any other President had dared to say even a fraction of the things Trump has said, behaved as Trump has behaved... many would be saying that the guy needs to go. And yet, with Trump, there is literally nothing he can do to lose the support he enjoys.
        Literally 2 posts above....

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash View Post

Clean your god damn computer screen.
          Ha. Just noticed that. I pulled it off Twitter. I wouldn't actually take a picture of my TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

1: The US does NOT have the worst outbreak in the world. Stop saying that, it's an outright lie.
            2: Dr Fauci has said numerous times we didn't have enough information from the get go in large part because the Chinese govt was withholding far too much information. Hind sight tells us plenty. But go ahead and name me one politician who came out early with what would have presented a proper preparation and response. Hint: You're going to need to back that up.
            3: Trump is always full of shit, but much of what he was doing early on was attempting to calm the public, who the media was whipping into a frenzy with all manner of speculations- most of which were complete bullshit.
            4: Democrat leadership was too busy calling him a xenophobe for "over-reacting".
            5: He didn't dissolve shit, he consolidated agencies to operate under simpler management. There is likely a good argument to be made regarding what kind of moron was left in charge, but that same thing could be said about the admin who left emergency supplies at dangerously low levels.
            6: Apparently you can't or don't read much of this forum, because Trump is the culprit behind Aunt Patsy's toothache and Uncle Jake's bunions. He also kicked a dog and set a cat on fire.

7: His claiming "absolute authority" is mind numbingly dumb. It reeks of desperation, fear, and huge amounts of stress. I would venture to say the pressure is getting to him.
            1. China has/had a worse outbreak in raw numbers. Not sure about per capita. We can't trust their numbers anyway. But outside of China, the US has the worst measured outbreak. Yay us!

2. Fauci said China withheld information from us, but also stated that his team knew this was a serious problem shortly after the first cases arrived in the US. That was January. Trump didn't take this seriously until late March. The NYT article I linked a few pages ago has email copies from WH and CDC officials saying this was going to be a disaster as early as January and that Trump's travel ban was too little too late.

So yes, Fauci said China fucked us, but China did not force us to delay a serious response for two months. That was 100% on Donald John Trump. They briefed him on it, Azar specifically, and he told them to can it.

3. LOL I bet when you watched Chernobyl you were thinking to yourself "the Communists are right, this isn't a problem, let's not tell the world, let's sweep it under the rug, these annoying scientists are just whipping the population into a needless frenzy."

Trump spent two months "calming" the public by saying this wasn't a serious issue and that it would go away very soon. The media told us it was a serious issue that could kill thousands. One of them was right. Which one did you attack?

4. "too busy" means making like 4 statements total in January. But Trump makes multiple statements a day that are crazy and daCat thinks it is just some hot air and that he's really hard at work behind the scenes getting everything done. What was that about blind partisanship again?

5. The staff on that team were literally fired. I hope Trump "consolidates" your healthcare and social security this year so that you receive half as much.

6. The virus isn't Trump's fault. The slow, pathetic response to the virus is Trump's fault.

7. I wonder how many times you've said that Trump is mind-numbingly dumb and desperate and unfit in a post where you also stated he's not at fault and doing a good job? 100? 200? It's the same refrain - "he's an idiot and a pathological liar, but I trust and believe him here and it's the smart thing to do". Then it turns out Trump was wrong. A week later, repeat. A week later, repeat.

Comment

Like I give a fuck about the opinion of some random irrational fuck from DC. FYI, I don't trust FOX anymore than I do CNN.
              Facts don't care about your feelings. And your post was devoid of actual facts. As you've been shown and ignored multiple times. But keep on parroting fox news talking points while claiming you don't watch fox news. Or have you moved on with the rest of the trumptards to OAN?

Comment

Literally 2 posts above....
                Yes. Literally two posts above you said he likely said that because the pressure is getting to him. It’s not. His actions, to date, are consistent with those of someone who honestly believes he has absolute power.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                  I honestly don't get the need to take up for Trump. Americans are dying in the thousands and he talks about getting good TV ratings. He should get shit for that. Hes also claiming to have absolute power because he doesn't understand the Constitution or federalism. Imagine President Obama did any of this shit and Republicans being remotely okay with it.
                  His sheep are relentless.

Comment

• It's really telling that not one of you can name a single politician with any kind of power that offered a more viable path through this thing. Not in December, not in January, not in February. All you can find is those saying what was done was wrong, based solely on hindsight. Biden has offered a mouthful of gobbly gook since the first of April that is the total opposite of his mutterings from earlier.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out several of you have massive stockpiles of toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Comment

It's really telling that not one of you can name a single politician with any kind of power that offered a more viable path through this thing. Not in December, not in January, not in February. All you can find is those saying what was done was wrong, based solely on hindsight. Biden has offered a mouthful of gobbly gook since the first of April that is the total opposite of his mutterings from earlier.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out several of you have massive stockpiles of toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
                      Look my dude. I hate to say it, but in times of existential crisis, it really is up to the leader to lead, knowing he will be judged by how well he executes that task. That’s the God’s honest truth. I’m not saying every single thing he’s done in response to this situation has been bad. But, if you just take a holistic look, he’s fumbled more than he’s scored.

I’m going to try and be realistic here. Banning travel from China was a good call. Yes, Democrats attacked him for it. That was never not going to happen. Yes, he signed a stimulus package that will help out many Americans desperately in need. But, by most accounts, he was briefed on the potential severity of this and thought, by the sheer force of his will, that he could shape the narrative. You say he was trying to mitigate panic. I say he was (and is) in WAY over his head.

Add to that, times such as these call for an empathetic, somber human at the helm. We have anything but that. We have a guy that, within a week’s span, has gone from raving about his ratings — which is ghoulish and emotionally tone deaf — to declaring his power is absolute.

How does Trump find a way to lower the bar next week? I guess we get to tune in and find out. You know... because ratings.

Comment

It's really telling that not one of you can name a single politician with any kind of power that offered a more viable path through this thing. Not in December, not in January, not in February. All you can find is those saying what was done was wrong, based solely on hindsight. Biden has offered a mouthful of gobbly gook since the first of April that is the total opposite of his mutterings from earlier.

South Korea, Australia, Germany, and Singapore's leadership for starters

But of course, I would be curious as to who you would classify as a "politician with any kind of power" within this discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Look my dude. I hate to say it, but in times of existential crisis, it really is up to the leader to lead, knowing he will be judged by how well he executes that task. That’s the God’s honest truth. I’m not saying every single thing he’s done in response to this situation has been bad. But, if you just take a holistic look, he’s fumbled more than he’s scored.

I’m going to try and be realistic here. Banning travel from China was a good call. Yes, Democrats attacked him for it. That was never not going to happen. Yes, he signed a stimulus package that will help out many Americans desperately in need. But, by most accounts, he was briefed on the potential severity of this and thought, by the sheer force of his will, that he could shape the narrative. You say he was trying to mitigate panic. I say he was (and is) in WAY over his head.

Add to that, times such as these call for an empathetic, somber human at the helm. We have anything but that. We have a guy that, within a week’s span, has gone from raving about his ratings — which is ghoulish and emotionally tone deaf — to declaring his power is absolute.

How does Trump find a way to lower the bar next week? I guess we get to tune in and find out. You know... because ratings.
                          I don't read his tweets due to the facepalm value. But I'm not one to be sucked in by con artists and their gift of gab. So him acting like a dumbass is not a lot different to me than somebody trying to sell me bullshit and calling it roses. I tend to look at results. And believe me, Trump has done plenty that goes against my desires/beliefs. For instance, I like the fact he went after the shitty trade deals. I like the fact he has made a few moves to reduce the size of government. And on the other hand, I hate how he spends money like there is no tomorrow. I also despise his tendency to value his cabinet and aides based on fealty instead of ability to do the job. I'm also not big on nepotism.

I've never thought of him as being someone I wanted as President, thus I didn't vote for his bloviating ass. I would love to have a viable alternative. Pretty sure I've made that clear with my support of Tulsi Gabbard. But Joe Biden isn't it. I wasn't kidding when I said I would write in my dog as a candidate.

But none of this matters in regards to the current problem with this pandemic. I doubt him being the best to handle it, but I've not seen anyone in any position of power, or with aspirations to that power, that has offered any kind of plan that was better. Apparently I'm not alone with this either, because I have asked on this board numerous times for someone to point out who had a better plan and all I get are blank stares.

Comment

South Korea, Australia, Germany, and Singapore's leadership for starters

But of course, I would be curious as to who you would classify as a "politician with any kind of power" within this discussion.
                            None of those countries face anything similar to the issues we have here. That should be obvious.

Comment

None of those countries face anything similar to the issues we have here. That should be obvious.
                              LMFAO. Right on cue. Notice you skipped right over the second part of my post you fucking boot licker.

Comment

LMFAO. Right on cue. Notice you skipped right over the second part of my post you fucking boot licker.
                                I'm sorry to have to say it, but I won't waste a lot of time responding to idiots like you and trojan. If you want substance in your replies, you have to offer some yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X