Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Susan Collins thought he learned his lesson. Multiple people should ask her everyday if Trump learned his lesson.
    No. She didn’t. She just said that in order to assuage her conscience and to deliver the softest form of rebuke. Anything more damning and she alienates herself from her party. She knew he wasn’t going to be impeached. In all likelihood, if you had her in a room alone, she’d probably admit she hates the guy and wants him gone. Just like most Senators regardless of their party. The Republicans just know that outwardly, rebuking the President does them no favors.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
      https://twitter.com/RobertMaguire_/s...69120542117889

Trump finally sending vents to Colorado, but makes sure to specifically say it was because of Cory Gardner, who is up for reelection in November, and not the Colorado governor, who had been requesting help for a while, plus other members of the Colorado delegation, including Senator Udall and House reps.

Oh gee, I'm sure daCat will be in here shortly to criticize the president for playing obvious politics while people are dying.
      Oh, I'm here. Mostly to be amused at my handywork.

Comment

• Favorite sports radio show host I listen to was off the show yesterday despite being home. He posted on Twitter that his dad passed away from complications with Coronavirus.

My uncles brother that got it gave it to his wife. They’ve got some a mild version thankfully.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
          Fuck Trump and all the people who support him.
          Trump falsely claims he 'inherited' the faulty coronavirus test. It was developed this year
          It's almost as if you're surprised.

Comment

My sub to NYT lapsed. I'm assuming these are talking about the cases where hospitals can't provide adequate care to people suffering from other illnesses because they are overburdened by COVID? Because if someone with a heart attack goes to the hospital and they can't find a bed for them for 45 minutes because of crowding and they die waiting, wouldn't that be a death that could be attributed to COVID?

Are those deaths being counted?
            Mainly focused on people who die before being tested for Covid. Whether at home or in the hospital. Another article looks at average death rates in regions but I can't find it now.

Basically talking about how an area in Italy reported (making up numbers) 100 Covid deaths in March. But they normally average 500 deaths in that area in March and saw 800 this year. Are the extra 200 people a result of Covid or a random spike? We'll never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
              Favorite sports radio show host I listen to was off the show yesterday despite being home. He posted on Twitter that his dad passed away from complications with Coronavirus.

My uncles brother that got it gave it to his wife. They’ve got some a mild version thankfully.
              Over 50% of it is mild or even unnoticeable. For all you know, you've had it and passed it on.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Over 50% of it is mild or even unnoticeable. For all you know, you've had it and passed it on.
                Ohh I know. We were worried because they’re both in the 60s and were smokers for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                  Favorite sports radio show host I listen to was off the show yesterday despite being home. He posted on Twitter that his dad passed away from complications with Coronavirus.

Your Uncle's brother and wife? Wouldn't that be your Mom and Dad?

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

LMFAO - true

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Not blood uncle’s brother and his wife.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Mainly focused on people who die before being tested for Covid. Whether at home or in the hospital. Another article looks at average death rates in regions but I can't find it now.

Basically talking about how an area in Italy reported (making up numbers) 100 Covid deaths in March. But they normally average 500 deaths in that area in March and saw 800 this year. Are the extra 200 people a result of Covid or a random spike? We'll never know.
                        For fuck's sake, how hard is this to comprehend? It's like you didn't read the post I originally quoted. Thanks for proving my point btw.

Fuq post a tweet talking about how our rates are higher than Germany's. I responded by saying they're not, just that the way we are counting our deaths is different and we're attributing more deaths to C19 than Germany is. Those other countries are ONLY counting confirmed cases where as we are counting all deaths confirmed or assumed to be related to C19. Hence, we have more people dying of this than Germany. I was simply pointing out the incorrect position of Fuq's post.

Oh, and I already brought up the potential of there actually being more deaths that could be attributed to this in my response to trojan.

Comment

My sub to NYT lapsed. I'm assuming these are talking about the cases where hospitals can't provide adequate care to people suffering from other illnesses because they are overburdened by COVID? Because if someone with a heart attack goes to the hospital and they can't find a bed for them for 45 minutes because of crowding and they die waiting, wouldn't that be a death that could be attributed to COVID?

Are those deaths being counted?
                          No, they died of a heart attack. That's their cause of death. How many other things would like to blame for their death. Maybe you can go all the way back to their parents giving them a bad gene which led to their heart disease. Or perhaps you could say it was because they ate fast food too much. Their proximate cause of death was heart attack, C19 did not cause it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

No, they died of a heart attack. That's their cause of death. How many other things would like to blame for their death. Maybe you can go all the way back to their parents giving them a bad gene which led to their heart disease. Or perhaps you could say it was because they ate fast food too much. Their proximate cause of death was heart attack, C19 did not cause it.
                            But, in this instance, the presence of COVID prevented them from getting life-saving care.

If you purposefully block an ambulance and the patient dies en route, do you get charged with manslaughter?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

For fuck's sake, how hard is this to comprehend? It's like you didn't read the post I originally quoted. Thanks for proving my point btw.

Fuq post a tweet talking about how our rates are higher than Germany's. I responded by saying they're not, just that the way we are counting our deaths is different and we're attributing more deaths to C19 than Germany is. Those other countries are ONLY counting confirmed cases where as we are counting all deaths confirmed or assumed to be related to C19. Hence, we have more people dying of this than Germany. I was simply pointing out the incorrect position of Fuq's post.

Oh, and I already brought up the potential of there actually being more deaths that could be attributed to this in my response to trojan.
                              Don't ever dare question the knowledge of Facebook PHD's.

Comment

But, in this instance, the presence of COVID prevented them from getting life-saving care.

If you purposefully block an ambulance and the patient dies en route, do you get charged with manslaughter?
                                Your analogy is not very good. C19 patients are not purposefully preventing people from receiving life saving care. Also, I'm pretty sure they can't charge you for manslaughter in that case. At least it's never happened before that I can find.

You're using a "but for" argument, this isn't a Chinese proverb. We have a proximate cause of loss in this case. The heartattack. You can go but for lack of hospital beds, or but for red lights, or but for stubbornness of the victim (my grandfather drove himself to the hospital while having one because he didn't want to disturb my grandmother, so stubbornness is certainly a contributing factor sometimes), etc... But the cause of death was heartattack.

Comment

Working...
                                X