Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-say-relatives

Is Trump doing anything about this? Because when it was Ebola from Africa under Obama he was losing his mind and called for a ban of all travel to and from Africa.

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive/ebola/ttff

Trump probably just thinks they need to add a lime...

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Is Trump doing anything about this? Because when it was Ebola from Africa under Obama he was losing his mind and called for a ban of all travel to and from Africa.

I'm guessing that a lot of the bitching you do now would go away once you actually had to do the job and realized it may not be a simple as you thought prior to having any experience. That's most my guess as going from a citizen to a President overnight

Comment

I just assumed that coronavirus was when you got shitfaced in Jamaica and puked in the pool.

Comment

So Trump is now responsible for any new illness that shows up in the world. It truly is scary how much power that guy has.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
            Trump probably just thinks they need to add a lime...
            I hate myself for not noticing that.

Originally posted by Hamp View Post
            I'm guessing that a lot of the bitching you do now would go away once you actually had to do the job and realized it may not be a simple as you thought prior to having any experience. That's most my guess as going from a citizen to a President overnight
            This is probably true. Only Trump just doesn't seem to appreciate it any.

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
            I just assumed that coronavirus was when you got shitfaced in Jamaica and puked in the pool.
            2/2

Originally posted by daCat View Post
            So Trump is now responsible for any new illness that shows up in the world. It truly is scary how much power that guy has.
            Kinda like Hilldawg single-handily giving all our uranium away?

I'm actually curious how Trump will handle this since he's called for travel bans in the past but issuing a ban on China during trade talks is politically dangerous. So will Trump roll the dice on any Americans getting infected to get this deal done or opt for the public health protection?

Comment

I hate myself for not noticing that.

This is probably true. Only Trump just doesn't seem to appreciate it any.

2/2

Kinda like Hilldawg single-handily giving all our uranium away?

I'm actually curious how Trump will handle this since he's called for travel bans in the past but issuing a ban on China during trade talks is politically dangerous. So will Trump roll the dice on any Americans getting infected to get this deal done or opt for the public health protection?
              It seems to have an incubation period that makes screening difficult. The CDC did kinda okay with SARS, which seems to be somewhat similar. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Obama was a good guy though. If Trump calls for a ban of all travel from a country it would be called racist or bigoted. Plus might be an issue in the trade negotiations. I suspect the later also his lack of competent staff and preoccupation with his impeachment.

Comment

Its SARS 2.0.

Trump's not doing anything because hes clearly being controlled by Canada Dry, Nabisco, and Campbell's.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Obama was a good guy though. If Trump calls for a ban of all travel from a country it would be called racist or bigoted. Plus might be an issue in the trade negotiations. I suspect the later also his lack of competent staff and preoccupation with his impeachment.
                    Well if Trump hadn't come out as a racist then he would be a good guy too. The problem is Trump brought all the baggage so nobody is willing to give him any benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                      Its SARS 2.0.

Trump's not doing anything because hes clearly being controlled by Canada Dry, Nabisco, and Campbell's.
                      This was my first reaction based on South Park, but there is evidence that it's considerably more deadly than SARS.

I'm going to add, that China is disgusting and many Chinese people have horrible hygiene practices.

Comment

So this came from bats in China? Those fuckers put bat in soup and medicine over there.

Comment

So I’ve been watching this for 4 straight days now.

The dead and infected have doubled everyday.
                          The Chinese are probably under reporting by at least a factor of 4, and based on the closure of entire cities maybe a factor of 10.
                          Death appears to be 10-20% of infected.
                          Assuming that this is tainted food/or animal to human, we are probably OK here.
                          But if it’s human to human, we are still probably Ok

This reminds me of the beginning of Steven King’s The Stand.

Comment

Anyone who drinks Corona deserves a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                              So I’ve been watching this for 4 straight days now.

The dead and infected have doubled everyday.
                              The Chinese are probably under reporting by at least a factor of 4, and based on the closure of entire cities maybe a factor of 10.
                              Death appears to be 10-20% of infected.
                              Assuming that this is tainted food/or animal to human, we are probably OK here.
                              But if it’s human to human, we are still probably Ok

This reminds me of the beginning of Steven King’s The Stand.

The good news, is it will kill off coastal dwellers first before moving inland.

Comment

Working...
                              X