Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

The people voted on Brexit. They told their government what they wanted, and instead of listening to them, they did everything in their power to avoid it. Not surprised to see this take from Mr. Democracy is only cool when my side wins, though.
    Hmmmmmm.... a left leaning faction stalling progress by trying to overturn the people's vote and calling everyone that doesn't agree with them isms and phobes....

where oh where have I heard this story before?

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post

Hmmmmmm.... a left leaning faction stalling progress by trying to overturn the people's vote and calling everyone that doesn't agree with them isms and phobes....

The "people's vote" was for Hillary Clinton.

Comment

And for the record, this isn’t going to be the last country to leave the EU. More countries will follow once they see the UK walk away largely unscathed, because like the fear mongering surrounding Trump’s election/economic policies, there’s little factual basis backing up the idea that the UK will suffer long term.

You say that but in the past 6 months while our stock market, and oval markets are up around 10% theirs is down. It depends on the trade deals that are made.

The people that got hurt in the Trump economy were farmers who voted for him. It’s been just fine for you and me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

You say that but in the past 6 months while our stock market, and oval markets are up around 10% theirs is down. It depends on the trade deals that are made.

The people that got hurt in the Trump economy were farmers who voted for him. It’s been just fine for you and me.
          Entirely driven by speculation. The UK has a top 5-7 economy and a major presence in several key industries. They’ll be just fine, I promise.

Comment

Entirely driven by speculation. The UK has a top 5-7 economy and a major presence in several key industries. They’ll be just fine, I promise.

They’ll be “fine”. Will they be better or worse. That’s the question.

Competing in industries has a lot to do with global supply chains anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post

What an awful analogy

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

They’ll be “fine”. Will they be better or worse. That’s the question.

Competing in industries has a lot to do with global supply chains anymore.
                I’m inclined to say better. Actually having sovereignty (and make no mistake, that’s exactly what Brexit was about) gives them a lot more bargaining power in the global economy. The rest of the world isn’t going to sit back and let them slip into long term decline or collapse when there’s so much to be gained through cooperation. The EU is just salty so they’re fear mongering to try and weaken the UK in retaliation, because that’s all they really can do at this point.

Comment

• Irish nationalists Sinn Fein have surged to the top of an opinion poll five days ahead of an election that looks set to be a major breakthrough for the former political wing of the Irish Republican Army.
                  https://mobile.reuters.com/video/watch/idPyWI?now=true

Comment

• Now they've done it. Breathed new life into an age old problem by re-invigorating the IRA. Hopefully it doesn't expand from the political front.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Now they've done it. Breathed new life into an age old problem by re-invigorating the IRA. Hopefully it doesn't expand from the political front.
                      The only solution is to release Northern Ireland. Anything else would be a repudiation of the Good Friday Agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

The only solution is to release Northern Ireland. Anything else would be a repudiation of the Good Friday Agreement.
                        It's not like they haven't been through this before. Of course they called it a battle between Protestants and Catholics, but it's always been about British oppression.

Comment

• The Cayman Islands, a British overseas territory, is to be put on an EU blacklist of tax havens, less than two weeks after the UK’s withdrawal from the bloc.

In a clear indication of the country’s loss of influence on the EU’s decision-making, the bloc’s 27 finance ministers are expected to sign off on the decision next week.
                          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...aven-blacklist

Comment

• Good ol fashioned European ethics at work. Play ball with us and we’ll let you be a fuck boy, but if you turn on us, brace yourself for moral indignation.

Comment

• UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has canceled a planned trip to meet with President Donald Trump next month after a furious row between the two men.
                              • Johnson had been due to visit Washington shortly after his election victory in December.
                              • The visit has been repeatedly delayed, however, amid a series of disagreements between the two leaders.
                              • Trump slammed the phone down on Johnson last month after the prime minister defied him on the issue of Huawei's involvement in the UK.
                              https://www.businessinsider.com/bori...20-2?r=US&IR=T

Comment

• Sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                                X