Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic establishment reaches boiling point with Tulsi Gabbard

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by DPR View Post

    On policy maybe, but even then they have a wider range than the GOP.

    Where the big issue for Republicans comes into play is they are lock step in defending illegal and unethical and frankly asinine/childish behavior from the president.
    I don't recall seeing the Democrats trying to impeach Obama for assissinating US citizens. Pretty sure that is illegal and unethical uses of power.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

      I don't recall seeing the Democrats trying to impeach Obama for assissinating US citizens. Pretty sure that is illegal and unethical uses of power.
      Oh for sure. Republicans also didn't give him too much grief for it because they were Muslims linked to terrorist groups.

      If people want to truly criticize Obama, his coziness to Wall St and his drone wars are the meal ticket. This stupid nonsense about hot mics with Russia or Fast and Furious or Benghazi or the IRS etc aren't going anywhere.

      Comment


      • #93
        I'd get behind Tulsi. Literally and figuratively

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Triplethreat View Post
          I'd get behind Tulsi. Literally and figuratively
          She's a doth3ad

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

            I don't recall seeing the Democrats trying to impeach Obama for assissinating US citizens. Pretty sure that is illegal and unethical uses of power.
            Ummmmm... nor do I remember Republicans, who at one point, controlled both houses, impeaching him for it. If they thought it was as egregious as you say, they clearly had the means to do so.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

              I don't recall seeing the Democrats trying to impeach Obama for assissinating US citizens. Pretty sure that is illegal and unethical uses of power.
              He asked Anwar Al Awlaki to surrender and give himself up and come back to the US.

              Anwar resisted arrest - Obama did what any police would do - use force and now he's the bad guy?



              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                Ummmmm... nor do I remember Republicans, who at one point, controlled both houses, impeaching him for it. If they thought it was as egregious as you say, they clearly had the means to do so.
                This would matter more if both parties weren't owned by the same people. They just don't want Trump in their club. I wouldn't want Trump in my club either, but mostly, I wish we could do away with the club.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by daCat View Post

                  This would matter more if both parties weren't owned by the same people. They just don't want Trump in their club. I wouldn't want Trump in my club either, but mostly, I wish we could do away with the club.
                  Right now you have a binary choice Trump or No Trump

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by daCat View Post

                    This would matter more if both parties weren't owned by the same people. They just don't want Trump in their club. I wouldn't want Trump in my club either, but mostly, I wish we could do away with the club.
                    Sure. I agree with that. But, had Obama done a fraction of what Trump has done, he would have been thrown out of office. The problem with Obama was that he never really gave them anything close to what we’ve seen under Trump.

                    Trump is a populist strongman who has resisted any confines on his presidency and found those to surround him, such as Barr, who support an imperial presidency. I know you believe in slippery slopes, so I ask you, what now happens when we get a Democratic President who is just as willing to flout the rule of law? It’s going to happen.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                      Sure. I agree with that. But, had Obama done a fraction of what Trump has done, he would have been thrown out of office. The problem with Obama was that he never really gave them anything close to what we’ve seen under Trump.

                      Trump is a populist strongman who has resisted any confines on his presidency and found those to surround him, such as Barr, who support an imperial presidency. I know you believe in slippery slopes, so I ask you, what now happens when we get a Democratic President who is just as willing to flout the rule of law? It’s going to happen.
                      How would you know if he did? I don't recall any serious investigations that got anywhere close to getting answers. IRS? Everyone in the know took the fifth. Spying on news agencies? Nobody pursued it. Fast and Furious? Both Obama and Holder declared executive privilege., etc.

                      Shady stuff, but nowhere near the scrutiny given Trump. Does Trump deserve scrutiny? I'm not denying that. But I'm not naive enough to think Obama was an innocent little lamb either. You know I want that shithole cleaned up in the worst way. I'm sick of the idea that those at the top are above the law. But I'm not okay making those calls based on personality alone. It should apply to everyone.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                        She's a doth3ad
                        And?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                          How would you know if he did? I don't recall any serious investigations that got anywhere close to getting answers.
                          LOL

                          IRS? Everyone in the know took the fifth.
                          How many times do we have to explain basic 501(c) law to you? A 501(c)4 cannot be a primarily political organization. During the "Tea Party" protests of 2009-12 there were hundreds of new apps for this category with names like "Patriots for America" or "Tea Party USA" or some other overtly political name with an obviously political agenda. These are not allowed to be 501(c)4 so they were held under scrutiny and the GOP used that to attack the IRS as going after Republican political groups.

                          Lerner pleaded the Fifth because she knew the GOP Congress was going to fillet her on live television no matter what she said.

                          Spying on news agencies?
                          This one is legit, but the GOP never pursued it because they hate the press even more.

                          Fast and Furious? Both Obama and Holder declared executive privilege., etc.
                          Bush-era program.

                          Shady stuff, but nowhere near the scrutiny given Trump.
                          Uh, 4 years of Benghazi investigations beg to differ. Plus the 6 years of the Starr investigations of the 90s. The GOP loves to investigate Democrats for anything.

                          But I'm not naive enough to think Obama was an innocent little lamb either.
                          Black Man Bad

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DPR View Post

                            LOL



                            How many times do we have to explain basic 501(c) law to you? A 501(c)4 cannot be a primarily political organization. During the "Tea Party" protests of 2009-12 there were hundreds of new apps for this category with names like "Patriots for America" or "Tea Party USA" or some other overtly political name with an obviously political agenda. These are not allowed to be 501(c)4 so they were held under scrutiny and the GOP used that to attack the IRS as going after Republican political groups.

                            Lerner pleaded the Fifth because she knew the GOP Congress was going to fillet her on live television no matter what she said.



                            This one is legit, but the GOP never pursued it because they hate the press even more.



                            Bush-era program.



                            Uh, 4 years of Benghazi investigations beg to differ. Plus the 6 years of the Starr investigations of the 90s. The GOP loves to investigate Democrats for anything.



                            Black Man Bad
                            Okay spinning man.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Triplethreat View Post

                              And?
                              I thought you hate all dotheads because of me

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by daCat View Post

                                How would you know if he did? I don't recall any serious investigations that got anywhere close to getting answers. IRS? Everyone in the know took the fifth. Spying on news agencies? Nobody pursued it. Fast and Furious? Both Obama and Holder declared executive privilege., etc.

                                Shady stuff, but nowhere near the scrutiny given Trump. Does Trump deserve scrutiny? I'm not denying that. But I'm not naive enough to think Obama was an innocent little lamb either. You know I want that shithole cleaned up in the worst way. I'm sick of the idea that those at the top are above the law. But I'm not okay making those calls based on personality alone. It should apply to everyone.

                                At the end of the day, if constitutional lawyers had told Republicans that anything Obama did was legitimately impeachable - they would have went for it. Your complaint seems to be that Trump left behind a ton of direct evidence and Obama didn't.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X