Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And this is where the Bernie Bros and Warrenites start to lose me

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And this is where the Bernie Bros and Warrenites start to lose me

    https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...-professional/


    I'm still voting for these clowns over Trump 100/100 times, but what idiots.

    Bill Gates has done more for poor people in the world than any politician in the last 50 years. You think he wants to give 100 billion to the fucking government to do retarded shit like build walls, separate kids from their parents and keep them in cages, and drop bombs in Syria?

  • #2
    And yeah, Bill Gates was a ruthless capitalist running his company, he's certainly not perfect, but wtf. The wealth tax is fucking dumb.

    Tax corporations uniformly instead so companies like Amazon/Boeing can't simply go to the state that gives them the best tax deal.

    Comment


    • #3
      I support the above posts.

      Signed
      SC Trojan
      FV Sports Resident Board Progressive

      Comment


      • #4
        I wish Gates would run for President.

        He would have thing fixed by the end of term 1.

        Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          A wealth tax is probably unquantifiable, and at 6% per year it seems high (though they likely are getting a similar return on their money just sitting there than that, so pardon me if I don’t shed a tear). That said billionaires have overplayed their hand since the 70s with deregulation’s are tax decreases targeted at them. They at the very least deserve this scare. Last time wealth disparity was this high we transitioned to a highest marginal income tax rate of 70% and still did just fine as a country.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
            And yeah, Bill Gates was a ruthless capitalist running his company, he's certainly not perfect, but wtf. The wealth tax is fucking dumb.

            Tax corporations uniformly instead so companies like Amazon/Boeing can't simply go to the state that gives them the best tax deal.
            Anyone who hasn't seen the documentary on him should watch it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Okay, Bill Gates has done philanthropic work, good for him. The vast majority of the wealth sitting in billionaires' hands doesn't. It circulates in a feedback loop between themselves and corporations making both more wealthy at the expense of both the workers at those corporations, consumers, and small time shareholders. And most of the time that wealth is hoarded for their heirs who tend to be some of the worst human beings on the planet like Eric Prince. So I don't really care if this obscenely wealthy outlier isn't able to use his dividends to try to make people forget about all the terrible things he had done to become wealthy in the first place.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                Okay, Bill Gates has done philanthropic work, good for him. The vast majority of the wealth sitting in billionaires' hands doesn't. It circulates in a feedback loop between themselves and corporations making both more wealthy at the expense of both the workers at those corporations, consumers, and small time shareholders. And most of the time that wealth is hoarded for their heirs who tend to be some of the worst human beings on the planet like Eric Prince. So I don't really care if this obscenely wealthy outlier isn't able to use his dividends to try to make people forget about all the terrible things he had done to become wealthy in the first place.


                Per Deloitte the total US investment in Art in 2026 is expected to be $2.6 Trillion. Fucking ART. I think the greater good is a portion of this money is distributed to those who will actually use it (and by spending it increasing in pot, and economy size).
                Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 11-07-2019, 09:49 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The wealth tax is stupid. Because at some point, you run out of wealth to tax.

                  How do you tax 6% of Jeff Bezos' wealth? Most of his wealth is sitting on his Amazon stock. The only way he could pay the wealth tax would be to sell off his stock for cash. That would cause Amazon stock to fall which would even further reduce his own wealth and that of all Amazon stock holders.

                  How do you tax 6% of Trump's wealth (politics aside-STFU trojan)? Most of his wealth is sitting on his real estate holdings. He'd have to sell off his holdings for cash, which could cause ripple effects on the real estate market of the places he sells.

                  And what about 6% of people who just have CD's and Bonds? They'd have to sell those ahead of maturity and lose out on interest earnings. It basically creates a 100%+ income tax.


                  It all creates a ripple effect. And at some point, you will run out of wealth to tax. Because what these retards don't understand is that wealth is a finite resource, much to the chagrin of militant progressives who think wealth can be just plucked out of thin air.
                  Last edited by ibleed; 11-07-2019, 10:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                    The wealth tax is stupid. Because at some point, you run out of wealth to tax.

                    How do you tax 6% of Jeff Bezos' wealth? Most of his wealth is sitting on his Amazon stock. The only way he could pay the wealth tax would be to sell off his stock for cash. That would cause Amazon stock to fall which would even further reduce his own wealth and that of all Amazon stock holders.

                    How do you tax 6% of Trump's wealth (politics aside-STFU trojan)? Most of his wealth is sitting on his real estate holdings. He'd have to sell off his holdings for cash, which could cause ripple effects on the real estate market of the places he sells.

                    And what about 6% of people who just have CD's and Bonds? They'd have to sell those ahead of maturity and lose out on interest earnings. It basically creates a 100%+ income tax.


                    It all creates a ripple effect. And at some point, you will run out of wealth to tax. Because what these retards don't understand is that wealth is a finite resource, much to the chagrin of militant progressives who think wealth can be just plucked out of thin air.
                    Money is made up. It's not an inherent part of the universe.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                      The wealth tax is stupid. Because at some point, you run out of wealth to tax.

                      How do you tax 6% of Jeff Bezos' wealth? Most of his wealth is sitting on his Amazon stock. The only way he could pay the wealth tax would be to sell off his stock for cash. That would cause Amazon stock to fall which would even further reduce his own wealth and that of all Amazon stock holders.

                      How do you tax 6% of Trump's wealth (politics aside-STFU trojan)? Most of his wealth is sitting on his real estate holdings. He'd have to sell off his holdings for cash, which could cause ripple effects on the real estate market of the places he sells.

                      And what about 6% of people who just have CD's and Bonds? They'd have to sell those ahead of maturity and lose out on interest earnings. It basically creates a 100%+ income tax.

                      It all creates a ripple effect. And at some point, you will run out of wealth to tax. Because what these retards don't understand is that wealth is a finite resource, much to the chagrin of militant progressives who think wealth can be just plucked out of thin air.
                      That's not how math works.

                      Seriously, stop trying to take over PBS's role as world's shittiest accountant.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The truth is that it’s very difficult to tax the truly, truly wealthy. Many CEOs are paid nearly exclusively in stock options, many opting for a $1 annual salary. They donate to charities, which further decreases their tax burden. They can run one or two (or more) businesses at a loss. Whatever rules that are put into place will be skirted by their army of accountants. You’d see companies like Apple move (even more) money out of the country to avoid paying exorbitant taxes.

                        It would make more sense to roll back Trump’s tax laws that showered billions of dollars on the nation’s wealthiest citizens while doing little to help the middle or lower tax brackets.

                        I agree that the nation’s wealthiest citizens can and should be taxed more than they are. But, aside from the fact that Warren’s “Eat the Rich” strategy would likely be unconstitutional, it would be a nightmare to implement.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Deschet View Post
                          The truth is that it’s very difficult to tax the truly, truly wealthy. Many CEOs are paid nearly exclusively in stock options, many opting for a $1 annual salary. They donate to charities, which further decreases their tax burden. They can run one or two (or more) businesses at a loss. Whatever rules that are put into place will be skirted by their army of accountants. You’d see companies like Apple move (even more) money out of the country to avoid paying exorbitant taxes.

                          It would make more sense to roll back Trump’s tax laws that showered billions of dollars on the nation’s wealthiest citizens while doing little to help the middle or lower tax brackets.

                          I agree that the nation’s wealthiest citizens can and should be taxed more than they are. But, aside from the fact that Warren’s “Eat the Rich” strategy would likely be unconstitutional, it would be a nightmare to implement.
                          I kind of like Bernie's idea that being a billionaire should be illegal.

                          That being said, the vast majority of this is fixed if you roll back Trump's tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, increase capital gains taxes to match regular income over a certain level, and I honestly wouldn't be upset with inheritance being taxed as income over a certain threshold.

                          I can stress this enough, fuck out billionaire corporate overlords. I don't give a shit what happens to them.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                            Okay, Bill Gates has done philanthropic work, good for him. The vast majority of the wealth sitting in billionaires' hands doesn't. It circulates in a feedback loop between themselves and corporations making both more wealthy at the expense of both the workers at those corporations, consumers, and small time shareholders. And most of the time that wealth is hoarded for their heirs who tend to be some of the worst human beings on the planet like Eric Prince. So I don't really care if this obscenely wealthy outlier isn't able to use his dividends to try to make people forget about all the terrible things he had done to become wealthy in the first place.
                            Bill Gates analyzes any world problem, consults with the best, asks questions, formulates plans, and executes them.

                            He's like the exact opposite of Trump "BUILD A WALL!"

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X