Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What policy by Trump makes you dislike him the most?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Maybe you should ask yourself why the bottom 80% of earners make so little to have such a minimal impact on the overall tax pool they contribute to.
    So you're just going to avoid my questions entirely?

Look, I'm not wealthy. Frankly, I couldn't give less of a shit what their tax rates are because it doesn't and never will effect me. What I'm trying to understand is how taxing them more makes my life or anyone elses life better. I don't feel better off just because the people who make more than me keep less of their money.

Comment

Its math.

For 2015 Top 5% made $214,462 or higher. Which was 4 times the median income.

What gets you more tax revenue? Raising it +1% on people making the median income or less or people making at least 4 times the median?

If you want I can do a deep dive to really answer the question but it will be long.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
        Its math.

What gets you more tax revenue? Raising it +1% on people making the median income or less or people making at least 4 times the median?

If you want I can do a deep dive to really answer the question but it will be long.
        I understand what you're saying in theory, but I'm still missing the part where this makes my life better. Have you seen our deficits/the national debt? We can't even afford the services we have, which are far from comprehensive, so what would taxing the upper class even more do for me?

Comment

You know we could do something that would be fair and equal to all income levels....

Cut the damn spending.

But no one really wants to do that.

Comment

BTW... it looks like Trump is about to propose lifting the federal ban on marijuana (at least in some capacity).

Guess its time for the left to "evolve" and suddenly believe marijuana is the devil.

Comment

Separating children from their parents, locking them in cages for 22 hours a day, and then losing several of them. In other countries we call that kidnapping, torture, and human trafficking. In the words of Samuel L, "That's some fucked up repugnant shit."

The 2nd is probably the EPA stuff. I thought we were past that global warming is a conspiracy theory shit, but apparently not.

There may be some that come to light in the future that we don't know of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                BTW... it looks like Trump is about to propose lifting the federal ban on marijuana (at least in some capacity).

Guess its time for the left to "evolve" and suddenly believe marijuana is the devil.
                LOL, I'll believe that when I see it...although this might be his own personal fuck you to Jeff Sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

LOL, I'll believe that when I see it...although this might be his own personal fuck you to Jeff Sessions.

Trump saying fuck you to Jeff Sessions would be the best thing he’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Take the link for what it's worth...

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...s-gop-lawmaker

Comment

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this process to me.

We tax the upper class more, let's say 10% more, and by some miracle their income doesn't change at all. No economic recessions, no method of evading or writing off the tax increases. The government has all of this extra money now. What happens next? How does that additional revenue improve my life in a meaningful way?

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                        I'm still waiting for someone to explain this process to me.

We tax the upper class more, let's say 10% more, and by some miracle their income doesn't change at all. No economic recessions, no method of evading or writing off the tax increases. The government has all of this extra money now. What happens next? How does that additional revenue improve my life in a meaningful way?
                        You already know the answer to this

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post

Trump advocated for banning bump stocks and Democrats cheered. If he advocates for legalizing the weeds then Democrats, at least pro-weed Democrats, will support it.

Schumer's come out multiple times praising Trump for his stance on NAFTA. I think praising specific policies is fine among Democratic circles. It wasn't Democrats who suddenly decided that they hated a privatized version of universal healthcare just because Obama signed it.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

So you're just going to avoid my questions entirely?

Look, I'm not wealthy. Frankly, I couldn't give less of a shit what their tax rates are because it doesn't and never will effect me. What I'm trying to understand is how taxing them more makes my life or anyone elses life better. I don't feel better off just because the people who make more than me keep less of their money.
                            If I had my way, I'd lower corporate rates as Republicans did to somewhere around 20-25%. I think the GOP did 21%. I'd double the personal exemption as they did. I'd lower the 2nd tier as I think they did. Then instead of dropping the top tier down to 37% I would probably raise it to 45%. I'd raise the 2nd tier to 40%. I'd raise the 3rd tier to 35%. I'd leave the other tiers alone. I'd increase the estate tax % while also increasing the bottom barrier so you're only hitting uber-wealthy families.

I'd have to wiggle around with algorithms but ultimately I'd shift it so rich people paid a lot more and poor/middle class paid the same or less. With the extra revenue, I'd put it towards Medicare and slowly move towards making it universal for all ages.

There is a popular thought that rich people pay more than their fair share, which is total bullshit. What is money without the massive apparatus known as the US Gov backing it up? The more you have, the more you should invest in backing it up.

If some broke bastard owns a hut in rural Oklahoma, he doesn't need anyone's help to defend himself. He can own a pistol and grow some corn in his backyard and tend to a few pigs. Enough to scrape by ala 1890.

But if some rich guy owns a mansion in rural Oklahoma with $15 billion in gold bars in the basement? He needs private security. He needs a local police force. He needs NSA and the FBI to intercept any plots against him. He needs the military to keep Canada from invading. Etc etc.

Paying more in taxes is an insurance policy to keep the people with pitchforks from breaking down your door and beating you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

Dennis Leary is an asshole. Trump is a dangerous unhinged narcissist.
                              That's just an opinion. Dennis Leary is a genius
                              Last edited by DynastyFSU2; 10-11-2018, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                                Its math.

Holy shit?! really? I AM THE 5%!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X