Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
    How do people watch this stuff, anyway? Asking for a friend.

I made it two hours, and if I’m going to vote for one of these in the general (I will) might as well vote for the one I like most in the primary.

Made it two hours. Yang and Pete were the best IMO in what I saw.

Comment

We were watching this at a local pub. I liked Pete, Yang and to a lesser degree —shockingly— Bernie. What’s funny is Fox News agrees that these were amongst the winners, but places Warren at the top, whereas CNN places her near the bottom. That’s... interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

I made it two hours, and if I’m going to vote for one of these in the general (I will) might as well vote for the one I like most in the primary.

I agree Pete and Yang are the best of the lot. I just wish Pete took a harder stance at gun control like licensing which Cory Booker has proposed. Other than that Pete absolutely shellacked Tulsi on "regime change wars" which we aren't fighting in Syria thanks to Obama's red line

Comment

Originally posted by md21 View Post

I've liked Mayor Pete this entire time.
          He's the most natural politician of the field. Not totally comfortable with making a Mayor the President. Klobuchar/Pete. But the Left would hate that ticket and apparently not show up so Trump could win.

Feels like Biden moment has passed. Yet still could build a coalition of voters that could beat Trump.

Warren has the possibility of being Hillary 2.0 and losing the general. She seems to be thinking she's going to get Bernie's voters when he bows out. Which she will need since she wants to be sneering Rachel Maddow candidate.

Harris spent time of a national debate trying to rally support for banning Trump from Twitter. She isn't great unscripted.

I'm jealous of Booker for landing Dawson but no thank you. He went from attacking Biden as a cause for the issues hurting black Americans to defending him as a great statesman.

Yang is a rich guy with one good idea

Castro is a VP candidate.

I wouldn't vote for Beto with the going after religion and the gun confiscation scheme.

If I was a Trump supporter or had a drastically different view of foreign policy I would go with Gabbard.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

He's the most natural politician of the field. Not totally comfortable with making a Mayor the President. Klobuchar/Pete. But the Left would hate that ticket and apparently not show up so Trump could win.

Feels like Biden moment has passed. Yet still could build a coalition of voters that could beat Trump.

Warren has the possibility of being Hillary 2.0 and losing the general. She seems to be thinking she's going to get Bernie's voters when he bows out. Which she will need since she wants to be sneering Rachel Maddow candidate.

Harris spent time of a national debate trying to rally support for banning Trump from Twitter. She isn't great unscripted.

I'm jealous of Booker for landing Dawson but no thank you. He went from attacking Biden as a cause for the issues hurting black Americans to defending him as a great statesman.

I wouldn't vote for Beto with the going after religion and the gun confiscation scheme.

If I was a Trump supporter or had a drastically different view of foreign policy I would go with Gabbard.
            There you have it folks - TTU has finally explained why he's voting for Trump - it took a while - a lot of faux righteous indignation and protestations but in the end he's now voting for Trump.

Since nobody has seen any 3rd party candidate yet or any republican yet - we have Trumps bad but Democrats worse.

Note to TTU - any of the democrats with their faults you have so eloquently described is better than Trump
            Last edited by sctrojan; 10-16-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

There you have it folks - TTU has finally explained why he's voting for Trump - it took a while - a lot of faux righteous indignation and protestations but in the end he's now voting for Trump.

Since nobody has seen any 3rd party candidate yet or any republican yet - we have Trumps bad but Democrats worse.

Note to TTU - any of the democrats with their faults is better than Trump
              I'm still voting Democrat unless its Beto.

Comment

I'm still voting Democrat unless its Beto.
                And Beto is Still Better than Trump - but tell me about all those guns you're stockpiling and tell me all about how religious you are.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Yeah, I can’t justify voting for anybody right now.

See, the big problem I have with politics is that lesser of the two evil’s voting is never see. as such by the people who win. Whoever wins the upcoming election will interpret the results as a mandate from the masses, insist that people really just love them and their policies, and inevitably do a bunch of shit most people hate while claiming to be justified. The whole thing is just so tiresome and boring.

Comment

Yeah, I can’t justify voting for anybody right now.

See, the big problem I have with politics is that lesser of the two evil’s voting is never see. as such by the people who win. Whoever wins the upcoming election will interpret the results as a mandate from the masses, insist that people really just love them and their policies, and inevitably do a bunch of shit most people hate while claiming to be justified. The whole thing is just so tiresome and boring.
                    There is not lesser of two evils - there's only one evil - Trump

Comment

There is not lesser of two evils - there's only one evil - Trump
                      Okay. Let’s assume that’s true for a second.

What do I gain by voting for people I disagree with on pretty much everything? Am I supposed to think that’s better than someone being “evil”? Because I really don’t see the difference. Either way it’s a result I don’t like.

Comment

Okay. Let’s assume that’s true for a second.

What do I gain by voting for people I disagree with on pretty much everything? Am I supposed to think that’s better than someone being “evil”? Because I really don’t see the difference. Either way it’s a result I don’t like.
                        You have one and only one task - to get rid of Trump - unless you support Trump in which case GTFO here claiming otherwise

Comment

You have one and only one task - to get rid of Trump - unless you support Trump in which case GTFO here claiming otherwise
                          Yeah, I’d just rather not participate. Good talk though.

Comment

From the top.

He is young and charismatic. There’s one problem. If you thought evangelicals came out in droves to lend support to anyone running against Obama, imagine the lengths they would go to support the guy running against a openly gay candidate. Granted, they aren’t voting for any Democratic candidate, but if we as a country weren’t ready for a black candidate decades after interracial marriage was legalized, I doubt many in the nation are ready for this.

Barring something exceptional on Biden’s part, I think he’s done. For many Americans, Trump’s disinformation campaign has done its job: it cast the seeds of doubt for many moderates on the fence.

If he somehow got the nod, he, and not Warren, is Hillary 2.0. He has all of her negatives without any of her positives. If you want the candidate that’s safe but inspires no one... Biden is your guy.

Warren had the fiery rhetoric going on, but while she seems to have a game plan, I doubt it plays out well in the Heartland. What scares me about Warren is that Trump and his people very much want her to get the nod, as she’s a stark contrast on which they feel Trump could capitalize. Could she fluster Trump? Maybe, but in all likelihood, probably not.

Agreed on Yang and Castro. The allure to either of them is that they can bring youth to the crop of septuagenarians running who are considered the current front runners.

Beto has sank his own ship. He’s also pretty fake.

Gabbard? Interesting. She’s one of the candidates that frightens the Left base of the party. On the one side, she’ll attract more from the middle but runs the risk of not energizing the base.

I don’t see this election as being like the one between Romney and Obama. In that election, I don’t think we had an honestly horrible choice. I didn’t like Romney but I never saw him as being evil. A plutocrat? Yes. Elitist? Sure. A sellout to the then current vox populi of the Republican Party? As with McCain, that’s the reality in which we now live. To this end, I’d basically vote for any of these people over Trump, who is actually an existential threat and thus must lose. If Romney challenges him for the Republican nomination — if the GOP would even allow him to — that would make this a far more difficult choice.

Comment

Note to TTU - any of the democrats with their faults you have so eloquently described is better than Trump
                              You’re a buffoon. He did no such thing. He just doesn’t live in a dichotomous universe like you do.

Comment

And Beto is Still Better than Trump - but tell me about all those guns you're stockpiling and tell me all about how religious you are.
                                Do you ever bother to read anything anyone here says? Like... seriously. Either you have a reading disability or just can’t comprehend what we’re saying. Personally, I think you just like creating poorly-crafted strawmen to have something to attack.

Comment

Working...
                                X