Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fort Worth Officer Kills Woman In Her Bedroom In Response To 'Open Structure Call'

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris View Post

You brought up victims in your first response to me. That's why I'm talking about victims. Victims = bodies. Which when you look at both scenarios , one has a much higher body count than the other. I wasn't the one trying to compare the scenarios, you were.
    Jesus dude. If both scenarios are essentially identical, then there is no difference in their body counts. If a truck and a car are traveling to same location, and both run out of gas before they get there, does the mpg difference between the two matter?

F4P tried to make it appear that this was an all too common occurrence and it only affects black people. In the last year, I can think of two welfare checks that resulted in deaths. One victim was black and one was white. Does that really sound like an epidemic the black community is facing?

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

I'm still not following your logic. No knock warrsnt to wrong address is the exact same thing as a swatting. Police raid a house they weren't supposed to because of bad information. What does body count have to with that scenario.
    You brought up victims in your first response to me. That's why I'm talking about victims. Victims = bodies. Which when you look at both scenarios , one has a much higher body count than the other. I wasn't the one trying to compare the scenarios, you were.

Leave a comment:

• DSMoneypit
    replied
    Originally posted by BChris View Post

I meant in terms of victims/body count. They don't compare.
    I'm still not following your logic. No knock warrsnt to wrong address is the exact same thing as a swatting. Police raid a house they weren't supposed to because of bad information. What does body count have to with that scenario.

Leave a comment:

• BChris
    replied
    Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Are ypu being obtuse on purpose, or are you just ignorant? A no knock warrant is a situation where police recieve information about theblocation of a dangerous felon and normal warrant serving is deemed to hazardous. To serve it, the essentially break into your house without announcing themselves. You know, sort of how swat acts when entering a place where they believe an active hostage situation is taking place. So yeah, they're essentially the same thing in action if not intent. One involves police breaking down a door without announcing themselves to arrest someone, the other involves police breaking down a door without announcing themselves because they're trying to arrest someone. Only difference is the act which brought police to the house in the first place.

So, what's the difference between swatting someone (purposefully sending someone to wrong address for nefarious purposes) and sending police to wrong address o . No knock when the end result is an innocent person is dead?
    I meant in terms of victims/body count. They don't compare.

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    Don't revolvers hold 6 bullets? How many shots do you need to kill someone?
    I don't know I have never shot one. I wouldn't want to have to reload it in a gun fight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

"Hey robber, wait right there while I reload these shots"
    Don't revolvers hold 6 bullets? How many shots do you need to kill someone?

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shamster View Post

Maybe not in your area, but yes, a fair amount of “beat cops” carry AR-15s in their trunk and have been doing so for a long time.

For Example, a buddy of mine works for Athens-Clarke County. In his daily work:

Pepper Spray
    Taser
    Asp
    Glock 17
    Remington 870 shotgun
    Daniel Defense DDM4 Carbine

Once again, Cops do not carry service revolvers. They carry semiautomatic pistols. There’s a huge difference.
    Thanks for the deep dive master class on the difference between a service revolver and a semi automatic pistol. I rely on you and DS to teach the illiterate citizens about armaments

When cops go to knock on doors they don't carry AR15s. It's a backup weapon which I don't doubt cops have in the trunk of their squad car.

Leave a comment:

• Shamster
    replied
    Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Barney Fife, FTW!

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied

Maybe not in your area, but yes, a fair amount of “beat cops” carry AR-15s in their trunk and have been doing so for a long time.

Pepper Spray
    Taser
    Asp
    Glock 17
    Remington 870 shotgun

Once again, Cops do not carry service revolvers. They carry semiautomatic pistols. There’s a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• Shamster
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Beat cops carry automatic rifles? Yeah right. The cop who shot that woman, shot her with his service revolver. Because he was carrying a flash light in his other hand.

Pepper Spray
    Taser
    Asp
    Glock 17
    Remington 870 shotgun

Last edited by Shamster; 10-16-2019, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied
    WTF...

Well, this took a turn down "Everybody should go to College Street".

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Originally posted by md21 View Post

Well if you want to sound like a dumbfuck, sure.
    Again, you can say the same thing in response. Doesn’t really mean anything.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Originally posted by Deschet View Post

In many areas, police officers are now required to have a college degree. I’ll boil it down to this. This weeds out some of the Bubbas out there who just want the power trip.
    Yeah, I’m not sure I believe that.

We all seem to agree on the problem: Cops are shooting or otherwise killing people they shouldn’t be, because they react to certain high pressure situations incorrectly. I’m going to continue on assuming we’re on the same page here, but if we’re not, please feel free to clarify.

That problem cannot be fixed with any form of traditional education, because it’s not due to a lack of knowledge or cognitive ability. It’s the direct result of people being trained to respond in a particular way when they encounter particular circumstances. It’s basically a Pavlovian response. Think you’re in danger? Draw your weapon. Think you see a gun or other weapon? Shoot. The reason they’re trained in this way is because most police departments have adopted military style training philosophies, and they’re incredibly effective at preparing people to deal with crisis situations. The downside is, that kind of training trades thinking for reaction time, which leads to situations where people get shot and killed for no reason.

To give you guys some idea of what this training looks like, here’s a link to Wikipedia article on a commonly used method known as point shooting:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_shooting

If you read through the concept and how it’s trained, you’ll notice that thought isn’t a part of the equation. The goal is to train people to fire with higher than normal accuracy at close range on instinct. According to this article and most things you find online, police started being trained in this way around the 1980s, right around the same time that other military influences started creeping in.

Leave a comment:

• md21
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

That argument doesn’t really mean anything, because I could just as easily say all of the departments that don’t base that belief on the opposite perspective.
    Well if you want to sound like a dumbfuck, sure.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied

Police officers carry automatic rifles and I don’t know of a single one that carries a revolver. lol
    Beat cops carry automatic rifles? Yeah right. The cop who shot that woman, shot her with his service revolver. Because he was carrying a flash light in his other hand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X