Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently Beto O'Rourke Hates The Idea...

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Beto O'Rourke Hates The Idea...

Of church and state being separated...Claims he wants to end all tax incentives for religious and private schools/churches who do not cater to the LGBTQ+ community.

Ummmmmmm...so everyone knows im personally all about human rights and everyone should be treated equal...but since the start of this country, the law has been freedom of religion. We keep the state and church separate for a god damn reason, son. I fucking dare you to try and implement a law that tells any religious group what they can and cannot believe. Want an actual civil war? Here it is...and one side will have a majority of the guns.

Why do kids think Bobby Frank matters?

I think I answered my own question, but I'll hang up and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
      Why do kids think Bobby Frank matters?

I think I answered my own question, but I'll hang up and listen.
      Yep...

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
        Of church and state being separated...Claims he wants to end all tax incentives for religious and private schools/churches who do not cater to the LGBTQ+ community.

Ummmmmmm...so everyone knows im personally all about human rights and everyone should be treated equal...but since the start of this country, the law has been freedom of religion. We keep the state and church separate for a god damn reason, son. I fucking dare you to try and implement a law that tells any religious group what they can and cannot believe. Want an actual civil war? Here it is...and one side will have a majority of the guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jon..._United_States

Precedent exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Racial discrimination is completely different and you know that. I know that you want the entire world to share your "values" and views, but thats not the way this works sweetie pie. Like I said, vote in someone who thinks you can do this, and I guarandamntee we will have a lot less communists left alive in this country once its all said and done.

Comment

Racial discrimination is completely different and you know that. I know that you want the entire world to share your "values" and views, but thats not the way this works sweetie pie. Like I said, vote in someone who thinks you can do this, and I guarandamntee we will have a lot less communists left alive in this country once its all said and done.
            Okay. Precedent still exists. If it can be done for race, it can be done for sexual orientation. That's how case law works.

Comment

Churches are big businesss and a friend network. Tax them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay. Precedent still exists. If it can be done for race, it can be done for sexual orientation. That's how case law works.
                This is your daily reminder that intersectionality is horse shit.

There is no constitutional right to be a racist, there is to practice your religion. But if you wanna get 55-19’d by the first amendment in court, have fun having your corpse thrown on the mountain of bones outside of its lair.
                Last edited by tOSUfanboi2; 10-12-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                  Churches are big businesss and a friend network. Tax them.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
                  This isn’t true for the overwhelming majority of churches. For every Joel Osteen mega church full of prosperity gospel douche bags, there’s hundreds of small congregations barely keeping their head above water. There’s a lot of small churches here, and the amount of good work they do with the limited resources they have is astounding. I’m not just talking about soup kitchens either. Free clothes, help with rent and utilities, school supplies, books, even cars in some cases. If you think the country would be a better place by taxing people like that, then I really don’t know what to say.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

This is your daily reminder that intersectionality is horse shit.

There is no constitutional right to be a racist, there is to practice your religion. But if you wanna get 55-19’d by the first amendment in court, have fun having your corpse thrown on the mountain of bones outside of its lair.
                    Yeah, except there has been a SCOTUS decision deciding exactly that which I linked above. I am not arguing that it should or should not be decided that way. All I'm saying is that if they were to overrule any legislation that taxes religious institutions because of discriminatory behavior towards homosexuals, they would have to throw out established precedent to do so. Yes, Gorsuch, Thomas, and Kavanaugh would probably do just that. But ignoring precedent makes Roberts queasy.

Comment

This guy already had zero chance of being president. Are we shooting for a negative percentage now?

Comment

Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                        This guy already had zero chance of being president. Are we shooting for a negative percentage now?
                        Let's say it came down to Beto or Trump who would vote for?

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                          Let's say it came down to Beto or Trump who would vote for?
                          Are they the only 2 candidates running? No independents running in 2020?

Comment

Yeah, except there has been a SCOTUS decision deciding exactly that which I linked above. I am not arguing that it should or should not be decided that way. All I'm saying is that if they were to overrule any legislation that taxes religious institutions because of discriminatory behavior towards homosexuals, they would have to throw out established precedent to do so. Yes, Gorsuch, Thomas, and Kavanaugh would probably do just that. But ignoring precedent makes Roberts queasy.
                            Homosexuality is a behavior and orientation, whereas race is an inherent, immutable characteristic. I won’t go into it here and now, but the idea that people “born gay” or that there’s a “gay gene” is an unproven hypothesis at this point in time. That by itself automatically puts the two issues into different categories.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Homosexuality is a behavior and orientation, whereas race is an inherent, immutable characteristic. I won’t go into it here and now, but the idea that people “born gay” or that there’s a “gay gene” is an unproven hypothesis at this point in time. That by itself automatically puts the two issues into different categories.
                              You might want to look up the literal definitions of words before making statements like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X