Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by md21 View Post

It can be, but Morey abandoned the issue.

I am all for criticizing LeBron here, but he's also been saying this whole time that he wants to be a billionaire athlete. And the reaction from the right is to me just concern trolling to shut him down from complaining about Trump or police brutality or whatever his issue dujour is.
    The Commissioner, Lebron, etc to told him to shut up, GM, and stop messing with their money.

"I mean too much to society, I mean too much to the youth, I mean too much to so many kids that feel like they don't have a way out and they need someone to help lead them out of the situation they're in." Said the guy who just wants to be a billionaire athlete.

The thing that seems to be pissing people off is the unwelcome thought that the people on the right who are wrong on police brutality are right here while Lebron is wrong. Much easier to just dismiss them all as concern trolls.

Originally posted by md21 View Post

For LeBron it is a far more complex issue. We're not just talking about the repercussions for him if he speaks out against China. Hundreds even thousands of other people are affected financially and otherwise by what he says, not all of them are millionaires either.
    Lebron just saying its a complex issue would have been better than what he said. Instead Lebron complained about Morey being "misinformed" putting him in a bad spot and screwing with his money. It was mostly concerns about himself. Not concerns for hundreds of thousands of people financially and otherwise. Instead it was like Morey couldn't have waited a week when I wasn't in China?
    Last edited by TTURedRaider; 10-15-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• LeBron James won't discuss China-NBA feud again

Comment

• LeBron said some more in the media today, but it showed he's still not getting it. Made it again about him and his teammates again. He said something like we don't have to choose every issue, which again is fine, but didn't acknowledge that he ripped Morey in tweets and tried to backstab him through Adam Silver and get him "punished."

Then said he's not talking about it again. Hope reporters keep asking him questions about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

The Commissioner, Lebron, etc to told him to shut up, GM, and stop messing with their money.

"I mean too much to society, I mean too much to the youth, I mean too much to so many kids that feel like they don't have a way out and they need someone to help lead them out of the situation they're in." Said the guy who just wants to be a billionaire athlete.

The thing that seems to be pissing people off is the unwelcome thought that the people on the right who are wrong on police brutality are right here while Lebron is wrong. Much easier to just dismiss them all as concern trolls.

Lebron just saying its a complex issue would have been better than what he said. Instead Lebron complained about Morey being "misinformed" putting him in a bad spot and screwing with his money. It was mostly concerns about himself. Not concerns for hundreds of thousands of people financially and otherwise. Instead it was like Morey couldn't have waited a week when I wasn't in China?

Morey doesn't have to shut up. Commissioner didn't tell him to shut up, his owner did. But he's a grown man and can do what he wants.

I personally don't care about what LeBron thinks about anything other than basketball, and his comments were absurd. I stand with Hong Kong. But this is clearly not about Hong Kong for certain people. It's about shoving it back in the face of the "woke" league and their left wing values.

Comment

• Imagine if an owner had said LeBron James should be punished for supporting #BlackLivesMatter? How fast would that owner be out of the league?

Comment

Morey doesn't have to shut up. Commissioner didn't tell him to shut up, his owner did. But he's a grown man and can do what he wants.

I personally don't care about what LeBron thinks about anything other than basketball, and his comments were absurd. I stand with Hong Kong. But this is clearly not about Hong Kong for certain people. It's about shoving it back in the face of the "woke" league and their left wing values.
              Yes he does if he doesn't want to be fired. Commissioner gave some weak statement about free speech. Lebron meanwhile was trying to get him punished.

Yes and having it shoved back in your face is part of freedom of speech. Sucks Lebron and the NBA appear to be the NFL while Morey is more in the Kaepernick role.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Yes he does if he doesn't want to be fired. Commissioner gave some weak statement about free speech. Lebron meanwhile was trying to get him punished.

Yes and having it shoved back in your face is part of freedom of speech. Sucks Lebron and the NBA appear to be the NFL while Morey is more in the Kaepernick role.
                Da fuck? You can’t bash LeBron for looking after his bag and defend Morey for the same. If Morey himself isn’t willing to sacrifice his livelihood for HK don’t expect anyone else to.

Comment

Da fuck? You can’t bash LeBron for looking after his bag and defend Morey for the same. If Morey himself isn’t willing to sacrifice his livelihood for HK don’t expect anyone else to.

Bad analogy. The Lakers aren’t going to fire LeBron if he spoke out on HK like the Rockets could to Morey. LeBron seems more worried about protecting the extra money in the Chinese market, but his job and contract are clearly safe.

Comment

• I wonder if LeBron’s hair plugs came from China?

Comment

• Also, I think the one thing we can all agree on was Space Jam was a stupid movie and only LeBron could make it worse.

Comment

• I am surprised that China hasn't pirated a copy of the NBA yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                          I am surprised that China hasn't pirated a copy of the NBA yet.
                          Why do you post like a 4 year old?

Comment

You’re operating under the assumption that I can’t both support HK (or anyone fighting authoritarian regimes, for that matter) and enjoy exposing the hypocrisy of the woke crowd. I totally can, and that’s a big part of what I love about this story. No one with any sense is on their side on this issue, and every time they make a stupid comment claiming ignorance or that it’s complicated, they only look worse. These are people that have garnered a lot of undue respect and in some cases money by pontificating, and now it’s been shoved up their ass. How can I not like that? Are you saying you don’t enjoy hearing about the anti-gay fire and brimstone pastor getting caught with a male prostitute? Because I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Bad analogy. The Lakers aren’t going to fire LeBron if he spoke out on HK like the Rockets could to Morey. LeBron seems more worried about protecting the extra money in the Chinese market, but his job and contract are clearly safe.
                              They are both putting themselves at financial risk by speaking. And Morey didn’t end up getting fired either.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

You’re operating under the assumption that I can’t both support HK (or anyone fighting authoritarian regimes, for that matter) and enjoy exposing the hypocrisy of the woke crowd. I totally can, and that’s a big part of what I love about this story. No one with any sense is on their side on this issue, and every time they make a stupid comment claiming ignorance or that it’s complicated, they only look worse. These are people that have garnered a lot of undue respect and in some cases money by pontificating, and now it’s been shoved up their ass. How can I not like that? Are you saying you don’t enjoy hearing about the anti-gay fire and brimstone pastor getting caught with a male prostitute? Because I do.
                                Sure you can support both. Do I think you actually do? No.

Comment

Working...
                                X