Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA, China, and Hong Kong

This has been the definition of hypocrisy today. Both from the NBA AND Republicans who turn a blind eye to Trump supporting China.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
      This has been the definition of hypocrisy today. Both from the NBA AND Republicans who turn a blind eye to Trump supporting China.
      How is it hypocrisy? The sine qua non of the Republican party is the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

How is it hypocrisy? The sine qua non of the Republican party is the market.
        republican senators left and right today calling out the NBA for supporting China over Hong Kong...

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

republican senators left and right today calling out the NBA for supporting China over Hong Kong...
          I didn't see that part. LMFAO @ How dare you not make a financial decision that I'm too spineless to make politically.

Comment

Fuck Mannix, Celtics fan hack. (he’s right though)

Comment

This is a good lesson in capitalism.

Capitalism isn't about fighting for the freedom of people. It's about fighting for the expansion of money.

China is a huge market, and the NBA just sees all of the dollar signs floating around there. And the Chinese love them some basketball. The NBA doesn't give fuckall about the plight of Hong Kong. They only care about selling their brand in China.

Comment

This was last week's South Park. About time the rest of the world catches up...

Comment

I just heard them talking about it on the radio this week. How the NBA has been all like we support social causes and our athletes speaking up for causes they believe in. Now that a GM did that they disown it and you got a player Harden going out there and apologizing. They were wondering if that's because the GM is more business side where if it was just a player they could explain it away as well that is just this player's opinion vs someone that works in team management.

Mannix was saying on Dan Patrick's show Lebron can go out talk about Trump etc and nobody apologizes for offending anyone. Why should it be any different with China? To my thinking if your against police brutality in the U.S. surely you can be against Hong Kong police brutality right? So in America its speak up and participate in causes. While in China its shut up and sell merchandise?

Here's what progressive sports guy David Zirin wrote about it.

The Nation: The NBA Is Only ‘Woke’ When It’s Profitable

The NBA sides with their multi-billion dollar business partners over the human rights of demonstrators being gunned down in Hong Kong.
                  Last edited by TTURedRaider; 10-08-2019, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                    I just heard them talking about it on the radio this week. How the NBA has been all like we support social causes and our athletes speaking up for causes they believe in. Now that a GM did that they disown it and you got a player Harden going out there and apologizing. They were wondering if that's because the GM is more business side where if it was just a player they could explain it away as well that is just this player's opinion vs someone that works in team management.

Mannix was saying on Dan Patrick's show Lebron can go out talk about Trump etc and nobody apologizes for offending anyone. Why should it be any different with China? To my thinking if your against police brutality in the U.S. surely you can be against Hong Kong police brutality right? So in America its speak up and participate in causes. While in China its shut up and sell merchandise?

Here's what progressive sports guy David Zirin wrote about it.

The Nation: The NBA Is Only ‘Woke’ When It’s Profitable

The NBA sides with their multi-billion dollar business partners over the human rights of demonstrators being gunned down in Hong Kong.
                    I'd assume that part of that is that China can turn off the NBA to their entire country at the flip of a switch. Trump can't......

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

I'd assume that part of that is that China can turn off the NBA to their entire country at the flip of a switch. Trump can't......
                      That's coming in 2022!

Comment

Silver had a good statement today. Basically, Morey can say what he wants and fuck it we’ll deal with the shitstorm.

Comment

Comment

Am I the only one disgusted by American corporations sucking the collective dicks of a communist state?

Comment

Activision/Blizzard just suspended a kid, took his prize money, AND suspended the casters that did the interview of him(even though they had no idea it was coming).

Guess I can't buy Call of Duty now.

Comment

Working...
                              X