Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump makes way for Turkey operation against Kurds in Syria

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

    Trump thinks he's dealing with Middle Eastern merchants - so you gotta bargain - Erdogan starts at 1000, Trump starts at 100 - Erdogan comes down to 900 - Trump says DEAL!!
    No. It has to do with the fact that Trump has always loved this word. His ghostwritten book, Art of the Deal, for example.

    Comment


    • Trump and Co. got rolled again. Things really will be decided when Erdogan meets Putin in 5 days to discuss the Turkish imperialism.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
        Trump and Co. got rolled again. Things really will be decided when Erdogan meets Putin in 5 days to discuss the Turkish imperialism.
        FAKE NEWS!

        https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...871571456?s=21

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post









          Comment


          • Very sad to see the Trump admin turn its back on a long standing ally. Hopefully the Kurds don’t hold this against us as a whole, their cooperation is vital to maintaining something resembling peace in the region.

            Comment


            • Trump is awaiting his orders from Commander Putin.

              Comment




              • He just changed policy without telling anyone at all.

                Also Trump said we are getting out of the Middle East to appeal to Americans who are for that while at the same time deploying more troops to Saudi Arabia which is in the MIDDLE EAST!

                By any foreign policy what he has done here is stupid.

                Neo-Conservative/Liberal Internationalism -
                Its horrible at every level.

                Realist Foreign Policy -
                It's horrible. The Obama administration's plan of allying with the Kurds who are the scapegoat/enemy of our NATO ally Turkey to fight ISIS was always going to lead to some sort of reckoning down the line. But this is the worst possible way to deal with it. This weakens us and hurts our national interest going forward.

                Anti-American Imperialist -
                Might be happy because they are strange like that. But probably will rightly savage us for green lighting Erdogan to ethnically cleanse and depopulation by force West/North Syria

                America should get out of the Middle East -
                Will be happy until they release we are not actually getting out of the Middle East. These people don't understand we are basically just moving troops from Syria to Saudi Arabia. We are defending the Saudi Royal family who have exported Wahhabism around the world which has influenced many Islamist terrorists. While abandoning our Kurdish allies who we largely outsourced the fighting of ISIS in Syria. In doing so creating a power vacuum which will be filled by Russia all of which hurt our standing with allies and damages our interests world wide.

                Comment


                • How much of our Tax dollars just went up in smoke when our own planes just bombed our own bases?


                  Comment


                  • I’m at the point where if Trump was able to push through every piece of legislation that I believed in, I’d still vote against him. Next year will be only the second time in my adulthood where I’ve voted for a Democrat. This shitbag has to get the boot.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Shamster View Post
                      I’m at the point where if Trump was able to push through every piece of legislation that I believed in, I’d still vote against him. Next year will be only the second time in my adulthood where I’ve voted for a Democrat. This shitbag has to get the boot.
                      See, I’d love to jump on this train with you, but there’s a problem. I regret voting for and supporting Trump, and I don’t want to vote for someone else I may regret voting for even more. I mean, have you listened to most of these candidates? You may interpret your vote as a repudiation of Trump, but I can assure you, they won’t see it that way. They’ll interpret it as you co-signing all of their silly ass ideas and use it as justification to do things you hate, in your name.

                      I understand the frustration, but frankly, I just can’t be a part of this system anymore. It consistently rewards people based on little more than charisma and animosity towards the other side, and with each passing president, it only gets worse. At this rate, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the 2028 debates feature a biracial trans person running on authoritarian socialism and a fire and brimstone televangelist who claims the bad economy is a punishment from God, and you know what? Compliance and people insisting on voting D or R regardless of how bad he options are will be to blame for it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                        See, I’d love to jump on this train with you, but there’s a problem. I regret voting for and supporting Trump, and I don’t want to vote for someone else I may regret voting for even more. I mean, have you listened to most of these candidates? You may interpret your vote as a repudiation of Trump, but I can assure you, they won’t see it that way. They’ll interpret it as you co-signing all of their silly ass ideas and use it as justification to do things you hate, in your name.

                        I understand the frustration, but frankly, I just can’t be a part of this system anymore. It consistently rewards people based on little more than charisma and animosity towards the other side, and with each passing president, it only gets worse. At this rate, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see the 2028 debates feature a biracial trans person running on authoritarian socialism and a fire and brimstone televangelist who claims the bad economy is a punishment from God, and you know what? Compliance and people insisting on voting D or R regardless of how bad he options are will be to blame for it.
                        Here is the thing.

                        I don't necessarily agree with Democrats on policy but I can at least understand how they rationalize it. Whether their schemes are advisable for the country or will even work is certainly an issue but you can follow their logic.

                        Trump meanwhile just does things. There is no rationale or planning. Then he forces his people to make sense of the decision and plan later.

                        - Pompeo on Trump: "Yeah, my experience with the President is that he makes decisions and then absorbs data and facts, evaluates situations. "

                        - Trump says the U.S. doesn't care about Syria anymore: "That's the way it is, whether it's good or bad, that's the way it is."

                        - "Sounds like how they used to film The Apprentice. Donald Trump would fire a contestant, then they would reverse engineer the editing of the show to make sense of the decision. Sometimes producers thought his decision was inexplicable but they fixed it in post-production."

                        What the actual fuck is that?
                        Last edited by TTURedRaider; 10-18-2019, 12:54 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                          Here is the thing.

                          I don't necessarily agree with Democrats on policy but I can at least understand how they rationalize it. Whether their schemes are advisable for the country or will even work is certainly an issue but you can follow their logic.

                          Trump meanwhile just does things. There is no rationale or planning. Then he forces his people to make sense of the decision and plan later.

                          - Pompeo on Trump: "Yeah, my experience with the President is that he makes decisions and then absorbs data and facts, evaluates situations. "

                          - Trump says the U.S. doesn't care about Syria anymore: "That's the way it is, whether it's good or bad, that's the way it is."

                          - "Sounds like how they used to film The Apprentice. Donald Trump would fire a contestant, then they would reverse engineer the editing of the show to make sense of the decision. Sometimes producers thought his decision was inexplicable but they fixed it in post-production."

                          What the actual fuck is that?
                          In the simplest terms possible, that is a nihilistic malignant narcissist.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                            Here is the thing.

                            I don't necessarily agree with Democrats on policy but I can at least understand how they rationalize it. Whether their schemes are advisable for the country or will even work is certainly an issue but you can follow their logic.

                            Trump meanwhile just does things. There is no rationale or planning. Then he forces his people to make sense of the decision and plan later.

                            - Pompeo on Trump: "Yeah, my experience with the President is that he makes decisions and then absorbs data and facts, evaluates situations. "

                            - Trump says the U.S. doesn't care about Syria anymore: "That's the way it is, whether it's good or bad, that's the way it is."

                            - "Sounds like how they used to film The Apprentice. Donald Trump would fire a contestant, then they would reverse engineer the editing of the show to make sense of the decision. Sometimes producers thought his decision was inexplicable but they fixed it in post-production."

                            What the actual fuck is that?
                            Yeah, I’m not sure I understand your point here. I’d rather invite a homeless person that thinks he talks to Santa Claus into my house than a serial killer. Rationality =\= morality or relatability. If anything, the rational/logical person is scarier because they may actually have the means of accomplishing what they’ve set out to do.

                            When a candidate says they’ll fight for transgender female abortion rights, they’re either willing to pander to the point of insanity or they’re not operating within the bounds of reality.

                            When a candidate says they want to do away with religious tax exemption, they’re showing bigotry towards people of faith and a complete disrespect for the principles behind the first amendment.

                            When a candidate openly calls themselves a socialist, an ideology responsible for the deaths of over 100 million people in the 20th century and the imprisonment of far more, they can’t possibly value human life.

                            When a candidate expresses a desire to censor their opponents in the same way Trump has, they’re hardly any better than he is.

                            I could go on for days, but yeah, most of these people opposing Trump are no better than he is and have the potential to be far worse. No thank you.
                            Last edited by tOSUfanboi2; 10-18-2019, 09:35 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                              In the simplest terms possible, that is a nihilistic malignant narcissist.
                              Yeah, not sure I buy that. I think this tendency people have to oscillate back forth between calling Trump an evil mastermind and incompetent buffoon says more about them and their leanings than it does him.

                              In my opinion, Trump just isn’t a good president. I don’t think he represents us well or makes rational decisions a lot of the time. Why, I don’t know, I doubt even he knows, but I don’t think it really matters. I want him gone, but if my only options to replace him are people that are equally psychotic albeit in different ways, I’m not going to participate.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                                Yeah, not sure I buy that. I think this tendency people have to oscillate back forth between calling Trump an evil mastermind and incompetent buffoon says more about them and their leanings than it does him.

                                In my opinion, Trump just isn’t a good president. I don’t think he represents us well or makes rational decisions a lot of the time. Why, I don’t know, I doubt even he knows, but I don’t think it really matters. I want him gone, but if my only options to replace him are people that are equally psychotic albeit in different ways, I’m not going to participate.
                                Yeah. I see lots of people vacillating between those two extremes. I’m starting to think they’re both right, to some degree.

                                Trump is absolutely, unequivocally, a narcissist. Let’s get that out of the way. He looks out for number one in a manner I’ve never witnessed in anyone I’ve seen. Are there other malignant narcissistic assholes out there that are worse? Statistically, that’s likely. But, they aren’t the President of the United States.

                                Now, how can Trump be both a buffoon and an evil genius? I think that it all comes back to that narcissism. Trump is no student of history. He eschews nearly all forms of knowledge, be it reading or listening to people far smarter than him on, let’s say, foreign policy. He does this because he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room on any topic. In this way, he is a buffoon who’s impetuous decisions are creating myriad problems both at home and abroad.

                                Where Trump begins to resemble a Bond villain manifests itself in a few ways. The long play to become President for starters. The Apprentice gave him name (and brand) recognition in regions where people didn’t know a lot about Donald Trump. Many conflated the character with the man. That, I conjecture, was by design. Second, capitalizing on the Birther movement helped solidify his base. Many openly hoped he would run. He played off the already existing divide in our country. And, instead of attempting to heal it, he drove a wedge into it.

                                You can probably argue that this was just good political calculus. But, I’m not sure if this was Trump’s plan, or whether it came from the true Bond villain: Stephen Miller. If there were ever a time to break Godwin’s Law, Miller would probably be the one guy out there who warrants it. He’s part Goebbels and part Heydrich. The man is as close to being pure evil as I can imagine someone to be.

                                So, while Trump might not be the actual Bond villain, Miller is. Like some Machiavellian specter, he sits behind Trump and whispers into his ear.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X