Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump makes way for Turkey operation against Kurds in Syria

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49956698

Trump decided to do this after a phone call with the Turkish President. So basically we armed some more people in the Middle East and are now betraying them after weakening their defenses.

Comment

Not the best move for the region.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
        Not the best move for the region.
        But tell me about how worse the Democrats are compared to Trump

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
          Trump decided to do this after a phone call with the Turkish President. So basically we armed some more people in the Middle East and are now betraying them after weakening their defenses.
          This is why nobody wants a deal with America so long as Trump is president. China, NK, Iran, EU, Canada, Mexico are just waiting for regime change in the US

Comment

I assume we shall have a transcript of this phone call as well?

Comment

I was speaking to an Iranian here in India, he said Trump is just trying to get everybody in the middle East to buy US weapons. He's fomenting all out war. Saudis against Iran, Israel against Lebanon, Turkey against Syria, UAE against Qatar

Like that never came back to bite us in the butt.

Comment

Yeah. This is just... lovely.

Comment

Does this really surprise anyone? The US has a tradition of abandoning native allies.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                    But tell me about how worse the Democrats are compared to Trump
                    This is a betrayal by Trump.

However, I don't really remember President Obama telling us how his Syria policy would end. He gave support to the Kurds with no endgame.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                      Does this really surprise anyone? The US has a tradition of abandoning native allies.
                      The West has turned a blind eye to the Kurds since the first Gulf War, but this is entirely about the current administration.

I'm not a fan of the move whatsoever - especially flying there in a couple days - but, as you said, there is nothing surprising about the US/West turning its back on the people it's supposed to build up the most.
                      Last edited by Fresneck; 10-07-2019, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                        Mujahadeen in Afghanistan became the Taliban.
                        Saddam was our foil against Iran and his men became ISIS

Comment

This is a betrayal by Trump.

However, I don't really remember President Obama telling us how his Syria policy would end. He gave support to the Kurds with no endgame.
                          LMFAO at Lindsey Graham clutching his pearls now attacking Trump for the betrayal.

Remember when he tweeted

If we nominate Trump we will get destroyed .... and we will deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

The West has turned a blind eye to the Kurds since the first Gulf War, but this is entirely about the current administration.

I'm not a fan of the move whatsoever - especially flying there in a couple days - but, as you said, there is nothing surprising about the US/West turning its back on the people it's supposed to build up the most.
                            Don't fucking blame Europe. This is all on the US. There is no West to blame. Europe is giving America all the rope we need to hang ourselves after the stunt Trump pulled with NATO and the EU

Comment

Trump’s “great and unmatched wisdom”?! Holy fuck... how desperate is this guy to change the news cycle? That, or Trump has begun to buy his bullshit claim that ISIS has been defeated.

Comment

Working...
                              X