X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US posts largest May deficit since 2009

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...may-since-2009

Hooray!

Tax and spending measures approved by President Donald Trump are expected to push the budget deficit to $804 billion in the current fiscal year, from $665 billion in fiscal 2017, and then surpass the $1 trillion-mark by 2020.
    It's almost as if those arguing against the tax cut predicted this would happen.

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Hooray!

It's almost as if those arguing against the tax cut predicted this would happen.
    I think you misunderstood us. We didn't deny that the deficit would increase, we just don't give a fuck. You know, the same approach Democrats took for 8 years.

Comment

The difference between this, and 8 years ago....is that money is in the hands of the citizens of this country, and not in the hands of special interests, bailouts for companies like Solyndra, funding international campaigns against Israeli Prime Ministers, and Pallets of cash shipped to our enemies.

so just slightly different.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
        The difference between this, and 8 years ago....is that money is in the hands of the citizens of this country, and not in the hands of special interests, bailouts for companies like Solyndra, funding international campaigns against Israeli Prime Ministers, and Pallets of cash shipped to our enemies.

so just slightly different.
        Laughable. It’ll be different companies getting bailouts. Like... Comcast and telecom industries that can now go after Netflix for hurting their model. Like dumping money into campaigns of Israeli Prime Ministers who Trump likes. And, pallets of cash shipped to our enemies. Or... how about punishing the people of Canada (and our other allies) because their president stood up to Trump? Yeah. Laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Laughable. It’ll be different companies getting bailouts. Like... Comcast and telecom industries that can now go after Netflix for hurting their model. Like dumping money into campaigns of Israeli Prime Ministers who Trump likes. And, pallets of cash shipped to our enemies. Or... how about punishing the people of Canada (and our other allies) because their president stood up to Trump? Yeah. Laughable.
          stretch

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I think you misunderstood us. We didn't deny that the deficit would increase, we just don't give a fuck. You know, the same approach Democrats took for 8 years.
            Democrats have never been the party of fiscal responsibility. That's always been a central plank of the GOP. Which is why it's funny to see them drive up the debt at a rate only matched by Dems during a major recession.

Comment

Democrats have never been the party of fiscal responsibility. That's always been a central plank of the GOP. Which is why it's funny to see them drive up the debt at a rate only matched by Dems during a major recession.
              So you are begging the right to restrain you?

Comment

Are you coming to grips with the reality there is very little difference between Democrats and Republicans in today's political spectrum? Both have gotten very good at self preservation and reacting with political expedience. We can give Democrats credit for perfecting it, but we can condemn Republicans for adapting the practice.

Comment

We need to get rid of both parties and start over, they've made this a clown show and pissing competition.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                    We need to get rid of both parties and start over, they've made this a clown show and pissing competition.
                    The only problem being, there is a baby in that bathwater, somewhere.

Comment

I am hoping he figures out how to turn that around when he gets the military where he wants it.

Comment

Deficits and debt limits are always a problem when the other guy is in the White House. I would love for someone to take them seriously but it has been awhile since anyone has and it is unlikely anyone ever will again. I picture an eventual global reset which will be ugly. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Hooray!

Shit has yet to hit the ceiling when Canada, Mexico and the EU's tariffs kick in and orders for manufactured goods drop because Canada is buying more shit from China and the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                            Deficits and debt limits are always a problem when the other guy is in the White House. I would love for someone to take them seriously but it has been awhile since anyone has and it is unlikely anyone ever will again. I picture an eventual global reset which will be ugly. I hope I am wrong.
                            We didn't need a global reset - we were on a glide path - Trump wanted a super heated economy and he's going to stall out the engine and crash the country spectacularly.....he's going to walk away from this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

We didn't need a global reset - we were on a glide path - Trump wanted a super heated economy and he's going to stall out the engine and crash the country spectacularly.....he's going to walk away from this mess.
                              Yes because every president before Trump did such a great job looking after other people's money.

Comment

Working...
                              X