Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump pledges to help Chinese phonemaker ZTE ‘get back into business’

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump pledges to help Chinese phonemaker ZTE ‘get back into business’

    President Trump pledged on Sunday to help Chinese telecom giant ZTE return to business, days after the company said it would cease “major operating activities” because of the U.S. government’s recent trade restrictions.

    “President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast,” Trump tweeted. “Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...into-business/

  • #2
    Typical Trump Move - create a problem where none exists - then fix the problem and claim no other previous president could have done what you did.

    Give this man the Nobel Peace Prize already!


    Some would say Trump is both the arsonist and the firefighter

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
      Typical Trump Move - create a problem where none exists - then fix the problem and claim no other previous president could have done what you did.

      Give this man the Nobel Peace Prize already!


      Some would say Trump is both the arsonist and the firefighter
      Now all we need are some Parthians.

      Comment


      • #4
        Im curious as to what PBS and tOSUfanboi2 think about Trump's move. Honesty would be appreciated but optional.

        Comment


        • #5
          Republican Sen. Marco Rubio warns: Trump's reversal on China's ZTE is a national security risk

          https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/14/marc...mpany-zte.html

          Comment


          • #6
            https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0200bcab7fa66

            Potentially related. Also potentially related:

            No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Spartan View Post
              https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0200bcab7fa66

              Potentially related. Also potentially related:
              But, but, you'll have to ask the Trump Organization: https://thinkprogress.org/white-hous...-76456a21225a/

              Comment


              • #8
                Making America great by helping a Chinese phonemaker? I guess this is what the people in Ohio etc had in mind?

                Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                Now all we need are some Parthians.
                He didn't get that reference.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Spartan View Post
                  https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0200bcab7fa66

                  Potentially related. Also potentially related:
                  This has an odor to it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Breaking News: Con man continues to shit on the people who he conned in election.

                    This is horseshit, but I"m not shocked. Who wants to bet there's a financial angle for someone connected to Trump or his financial backers(IE bankers)? Those coal jobs aren't coming back, and he sure as hell isn't going to do anything that really helps most of our bottom lines. That said, it's a great day for the investing class.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post
                      Breaking News: Con man continues to shit on the people who he conned in election.

                      This is horseshit, but I"m not shocked. Who wants to bet there's a financial angle for someone connected to Trump or his financial backers(IE bankers)? Those coal jobs aren't coming back, and he sure as hell isn't going to do anything that really helps most of our bottom lines. That said, it's a great day for the investing class.
                      Actually my investments flatlined in the last 3 months - thanks Trump. Fucking 0.4% gain in the past quarter I've had 5-9% gain in every quarter the past 7 years since the bottom fell out in 2009 and started a slow upward trend
                      Last edited by sctrojan; 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                        Making America great by helping a Chinese phonemaker? I guess this is what the people in Ohio etc had in mind?



                        He didn't get that reference.
                        I wonder if he still has his brand of shirts and ties made there.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

                          But, but, you'll have to ask the Trump Organization: https://thinkprogress.org/white-hous...-76456a21225a/
                          We now have to ask Eric Trump about the president compromising national security to get $500M from China. In 2018.

                          What the fuck?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            This image trending on twitter is showing a young China Side negotiating rings around an aging American side.

                            This country is done......the best we can hope is "Make America Relevant Again"


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DPR View Post

                              We now have to ask Eric Trump about the president compromising national security to get $500M from China. In 2018.

                              What the fuck?
                              Yeah. This phone thing plays in with that as well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X