Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats are the party of fiscal responsibility

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/o...nsibility.html

Since 1977, the three presidential administrations that have overseen the deficit increases are the three Republican ones. President Trump’s tax cut is virtually assured to make him the fourth of four. And the three administrations that have overseen deficit reductions are the three Democratic ones, including a small decline under Barack Obama.
    Huh. How bout that?

I think a lot of Obama and Clinton's deficit reductions are due to Republicans in Congress being fiscal hawks but only when the President has a (D) next to their name, but it's still worth noting.

One thing is for sure. The best way to drive up the deficit is to give 1 party complete control.

I like the idea of reducing the shit pile instead of bragging about adding less shit than the other fellow.

Comment

hmmmm
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesgl.../#41c852a6600b

and hmmmm

https://www.thebalance.com/us-debt-b...ercent-3306296

The Best Way to Measure Debt by President

One way to measure the debt by president is to sum his budget deficits. That's because the president is responsible for his budget priorities.

Each year's deficit takes into account budgeted spending and anticipated revenue from proposed tax cuts or hikes. For details, see Deficit by President.

But there's a difference between the deficit and the debt by president. That's because all presidents can employ a sleight of hand to reduce the appearance of the deficit.
      Gotta love some politically neutral NYT.

Comment

No surprise to see DaCat in here spinning away.

Yo, Obama and Clinton reduced both the deficit and the debt. Clinton significantly. He was the most fiscally responsible president of our lifetimes. Obama doesn't get a break though because we're stuck with his Obamacare crap, which was the worst thing about his presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Yo, Obama and Clinton reduced both the deficit and the debt. Clinton significantly. He was the most fiscally responsible president of our lifetimes. Obama doesn't get a break though because we're stuck with his Obamacare crap, which was the worst thing about his presidency.
          LOL! Can you read? What does an 8 trillion dollar debt increase have in common with Obama? They are both number 1 in the history of the USA. Of course Trump looks to eclipse that in 4 years, but currently, Obama holds the trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

LOL! Can you read? What does an 8 trillion dollar debt increase have in common with Obama? They are both number 1 in the history of the USA. Of course Trump looks to eclipse that in 4 years, but currently, Obama holds the trophy.
            Nice to see you finally say something nice about Obama.

Comment

Nice to see you finally say something nice about Obama.
              That's what I thought.

Comment

The Clinton years saw a marriage of a fiscally responsible Congress and a president who was politically savvy enough to go along with them. Obama had a lot of potential but caved to Wall Street pressure and went along with the bailouts. I don't think Obama should have let the banks fail but he should have played hard ball with the money instead of letting the guys who created the subprime crisis walk away with a bunch of taxpayer money.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/15/o...nsibility.html

Huh. How bout that?

I think a lot of Obama and Clinton's deficit reductions are due to Republicans in Congress being fiscal hawks but only when the President has a (D) next to their name, but it's still worth noting.

One thing is for sure. The best way to drive up the deficit is to give 1 party complete control.
                  I'm fine with a Democrat being President as long as Republicans are the majority in Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I'm fine with a Democrat being President as long as Republicans are the majority in Congress.
                    You are a fucking piece of shit for making that statement. Nobody ever believes you that you ever voted for Obama

If you think Paul Ryan and McConnell did a bang up job under Obama - you are fucking moron

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                      I like the idea of reducing the shit pile instead of bragging about adding less shit than the other fellow.
                      Oh shut the fuck up man!. Seriously I am tired of your BOTH SIDES shit and Im a libertarian. You fucks do not add value to the political debates - seriously - catch aids and die

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You are a fucking piece of shit for making that statement. Nobody ever believes you that you ever voted for Obama

If you think Paul Ryan and McConnell did a bang up job under Obama - you are fucking moron
                        I never said they did. But given the choice of the dream team of President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Leader Reid vs President Obama, Speaker Ryan, and Leader McConnell. I'll take option B every-time. I don't want my healthcare payments to go up again thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I never said they did. But given the choice of the dream team of President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Leader Reid vs President Obama, Speaker Ryan, and Leader McConnell. I'll take option B every-time. I don't want my healthcare payments to go up again thank you.
                          Nancy Pelosi has been the one of the greatest Speaker of the house - for the 2 years she held it - she got more shit done than the repubs in 8 years of power. The only thing Repubs got done

1) Appoint Gorsuch after playing dirty tricks
                          2) Getting a tax bill passed because the president is a fucking retard who signed away his Wall!.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Oh shut the fuck up man!. Seriously I am tired of your BOTH SIDES shit and Im a libertarian. You fucks do not add value to the political debates - seriously - catch aids and die
                            It would be hard for me to "catch aids" because I avoid people like yourself.

Comment

Speaking of fiscal responsibility, Charlie Dent is resigning from Congress in "the coming weeks" triggering a special election this summer to serve out the remainder of his term.

How many needless resignations have triggered special elections so far? How much taxpayer money will be spent on these?

Comment

Working...
                              X