X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Kill a Mockingbird, Part Deux

https://nypost.com/2018/04/11/white-...can-community/

Shameless

Three years ago, Shipman said he took in an “African American kid” whom he had known for years after the teen’s parents had died. Shipman helped get the teen ready for college and ultimately “pushed him out into the world” just as he would one of his own children.
    Yup. This guy sounds terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Yup. This guy sounds terrible.
      Sounds a lot like Rachel Dolezal. Whatever your cup of tea I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Sounds a lot like Rachel Dolezal. Whatever your cup of tea I guess.
        I don't know if he's telling the truth. But if he is telling the truth and he went out of his way to look after a kid after his parents were killed and helped him get into college, then he sounds like a terrific guy.

But yeah, because he used some odd wording on saying he's part of a black community let's accuse him of being "shameless".

Comment

I don't know if he's telling the truth. But if he is telling the truth and he went out of his way to look after a kid after his parents were killed and helped him get into college, then he sounds like a terrific guy.

But yeah, because he used some odd wording on saying he's part of a black community let's accuse him of being "shameless".
          So he's like Trump.

Comment

So he's like Trump.
            Yeah. You're right. Some odd wording about being a part of a community is the same as Trump's daily twitter diarrhea. You got him. He's a shameless racist.

Comment

Yeah. You're right. Some odd wording about being a part of a community is the same as Trump's daily twitter diarrhea. You got him. He's a shameless racist.
              I never said he was racist. Actually, what I said was he was shameless. And the reason I said that is because he is claiming to be beyond sympatico with blacks. He could have said things like "I understand the plight of African Americans because of my work", but instead he claimed to be part of the African American community. I'm pretty sure that's known as appropriation in some circles. You know, like Rachel Dolezal.

Comment

I never said he was racist. Actually, what I said was he was shameless. And the reason I said that is because he is claiming to be beyond sympatico with blacks. He could have said things like "I understand the plight of African Americans because of my work", but instead he claimed to be part of the African American community. I'm pretty sure that's known as appropriation in some circles. You know, like Rachel Dolezal.
                Dolezal lied about being black for years. This guy just said he was part of the AA community because he lived with them, worked with them, even fostered one. It's a dumb thing to say, but it's hardly on the same level of Dolezal or of Trump talking about grabbing pussy.

If this is the best you can do, picking out a NC state legislator candidate for some odd wording, then the Democratic Party must be doing fantastic.

Comment

So he's like Trump.
                  Lmmfao, no.

Comment

He's really okay because he's a Democrat. Understood.

Comment

He's really okay because he's a Democrat. Understood.
                      daCat logic. someone says something stupid, so he's just like someone else who says something stupid regardless of context.

You realize that based on your logic, that would make you just like this guy and trump, right?

Comment

This thread is stupid.

I thought someone was bitching about To Kill A Mockingbird being a racist book again.

And nothing will ever, ever top "My skin may be white, but my heart is just as black as yours."

Comment

Race-traitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                            This thread is stupid.

I thought someone was bitching about To Kill A Mockingbird being a racist book again.

And nothing will ever, ever top "My skin may be white, but my heart is just as black as yours."
                            Wait, did I miss something? Where is that quote from?

Comment

Wait, did I miss something? Where is that quote from?
                              I always thought it was George Wallace from his presidential campaign (speaking to black voters).

But it was actually Mario Procaccino, failed mayoral candidate for NYC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Procaccino

His campaign was, according to journalist Richard Reeves, "the worst political campaign in American history." According to Reeves, Procaccino "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory," and made some notable verbal gaffes while on the campaign trail. When speaking before an African-American audience, Procaccino made a gaffe by saying, "My heart is as black as yours." He also said that his running mate, Francis X. Smith, "grows on you like a cancer."

Comment

Working...
                              X