Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Israel Kills Palestinians and Western Liberals Shrug. Their Humanitarianism Is a Sham

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Do you think publicly condemning Israel will make them stop killing Muslims?
    1980s DPR: Do you think that publicly condeming South Africa will make them stop apartheid?

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

1980s DPR: Do you think that publicly condeming South Africa will make them stop apartheid?
      The 1980s didn't have Fox News and other forms of mass media brainwashing the country.

Most conservatives don't believe in climate change because Fox told them so.

Comment

The 1980s didn't have Fox News and other forms of mass media brainwashing the country.

Most conservatives don't believe in climate change because Fox told them so.
        You're right. Fox News has spent the better part of 20 years vilifying Muslims and turning large swathes of Americans against them. Meanwhile, nothing in American history might have led to negative opinions about blacks by the 1980s.

Comment

Ahhhh... the age of confirmation bias. But, aren’t we all just a little bit complicit? After all, we allowed this to happen. After the birth of the Interwebz, we all migrated to our respective echo chambers. There was a place for every one of us to choose what we wanted to believe. I don’t think this was a conscious effort; we simply sought opinions that validated our own. No longer forced to question ourselves, we stopped listening to those opinions that did not match our own.

The media (in the loosest sense of the word) shifted to monetize on our changing habits of consumption. They feed us our red meat on all fronts. Is it any wonder we elected a clown like Trump? His plan was simple enough: divide and conquer. He didn’t start the rift that now divides our nation. But, he exploited it. His presidency reflects the cultural divide in our nation.

Comment

Israel, KSA, UAE, Qatar, it doesn't matter. We need to stop ignoring human rights abuses no matter who does it, whether or not they're our "allies." That doesn't mean that I think that we need to send in the bombers and exacerbate the situation.
            Seems like you only want to hold our "allies" to account for their human right abuses. I think we need to hold Israel, KSA, UAE, Qatar, etc accountable as according to our values and creed. I also don't think we should just ignore human rights abuses in North Korea, Iran, Syria, Russia, etc. because we don't want to "exacerbate the situation". By the way that is the same logic people argue against holding Israel, KSA, etc accouable don't want to "exacerbate the situation".

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0600244_1.html

The US is willing to condemn communist dictatorships for human rights abuses while ignoring theocracies committing genocide in Yemen and operating what amounts to concentration camps in Palestine. I think that represents a problem.
            Progressives are willing to condemn U.S. "allies" for human rights abuses while ignoring the abuses of communist dictatorships, despots, electoral authoritarians committing imperialism in Ukraine/Syria and theocracies committing genocide in Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

Seems like you only want to hold our "allies" to account for their human right abuses. I think we need to hold Israel, KSA, UAE, Qatar, etc accountable as according to our values and creed. I also don't think we should just ignore human rights abuses in North Korea, Iran, Syria, Russia, etc. because we don't want to "exacerbate the situation". By the way that is the same logic people argue against holding Israel, KSA, etc accouable don't want to "exacerbate the situation".

Progressives are willing to condemn U.S. "allies" for human rights abuses while ignoring the abuses of communist dictatorships, despots, electoral authoritarians committing imperialism in Ukraine/Syria and theocracies committing genocide in Syria.
              Yup. Those straw men you have there sure are some dumb positions.

Comment

You're right. Fox News has spent the better part of 20 years vilifying Muslims and turning large swathes of Americans against them. Meanwhile, nothing in American history might have led to negative opinions about blacks by the 1980s.
                Fair point on that. Perhaps it was just an easy way for Americans to throw a bone to the black community without it actually impacting them? I dunno.

Comment

I think Obama was also somewhat paralyzed by the evangelicals in this country who view Israel as this "can do no wrong" nation state.

I'm not sure what Spartan wants here. Jews and Muslims have been killing each other for a thousand years in that part of the world. I would like us to stop aiding Israel as much as we do. Other than that, I doubt a statement from the US president will get the Jews to give up Jerusalem or vice versa.
                  Yeah it was the evangelicals.

I'm sure Chuck Schumer and others in the Democratic party really wanted to get tough on Israel. But it was those Christian evangelicals who tied President Obama's hands.

Yup. Those straw men you have there sure are some dumb positions.
                  Have you heard say Jill Stein and Jeremy Corbyn talk foreign policy?

Comment

Yeah it was the evangelicals.

I'm sure Chuck Schumer and others in the Democratic party really wanted to get tough on Israel. But it was those Christian evangelicals who tied President Obama's hands.

Have you heard say Jill Stein and Jeremy Corbyn talk foreign policy?
                    While I agree in broad strokes with Stein's non-interventionist foreign policy, I've criticized the finer details here. And I doubt I'd ever get a chance to vote for Corbyn, but would gladly do so if the alternative is Theresa May.

Comment

While I agree in broad strokes with Stein's non-interventionist foreign policy, I've criticized the finer details here. And I doubt I'd ever get a chance to vote for Corbyn, but would gladly do so if the alternative is Theresa May.
                      Voting for Jeremy Corbyn Isn’t Just Dumb. It’s Dangerous.

British voters already pulled the lever for Brexit. Will they elect a terrorist-loving, Jew-baiting, NATO-hater as prime minister next?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/07/...its-dangerous/

Comment

Voting for Jeremy Corbyn Isn’t Just Dumb. It’s Dangerous.

British voters already pulled the lever for Brexit. Will they elect a terrorist-loving, Jew-baiting, NATO-hater as prime minister next?

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/06/07/...its-dangerous/
                        https://renegadeinc.com/theresa-mays...ian-instincts/

Comment

A Canadian-Palestinian doctor was shot in the legs by an Israeli sniper and one of his paramedics was killed on the Gaza border Monday as clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli Defence Forces left dozens dead and more than 1,000 wounded.

Dr. Loubani, who has served as an emergency field doctor in Tanzania and conflict zones such as Iraq and southern Lebanon, said he was wearing a green surgeon’s outfit and standing with several orange-vested paramedics about 25 metres from the protests at the border when he was hit.
                          https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...r-gaza-border/

Comment

The Palestinians are a meme. Here's to hoping Israel continues slowly phasing their sorry asses out of existence.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                              The Palestinians are a meme. Here's to hoping Israel continues slowly phasing their sorry asses out of existence.
                              The Palestinians are being used as human shields.

Comment

It’s easy to declare, “[The people of Gaza] must be exterminated.”

But it’s not an easy task to accomplish.

Most of you will know what it’s like when 100 bodies lie together, when 500 are there or when there are 1000.

To have executed this ghastly charge and to have remained decent–it has earned us a glorious page in the annals of history!

We have the moral right, we have the duty to our people, to kill this people who would kill us!

We have carried out this most difficult task out of love of our people.

And we have suffered no defect within us, in our soul, or in our character!
                                You support this guy?

Comment

Working...
                                X