Clear All

• Millennials Offended by being called Snowflakes

Say it hurts their feelings LOL

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...188390559.html

You’re a fucking idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues
      You’re a fucking idiot.
      Wow. What an intellectual response. Did you even read the article?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBS
        Wow. What an intellectual response. Did you even read the article?

Yes, and it’s the same old stupid HAWT TAEK! that’s been said by some old schmuck about us for years.

It’s funny tried to see these middle aged slowskis try to keep up on modern ERP programs. These boomers suck at their jobs and then complain when the millennials leave on time and accomplish more each day.

Comment

Not trying to be a smartass, but it looks like that article was spot on about a certain group being offended.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat
            Not trying to be a smartass, but it looks like that article was spot on about a certain group being offended.

It’s not offensive. It’s stupid.

Comment

The framing of the article is bad. There's a difference between "This personally offends me" and "That kind of thing could have a negative impact on someone's mental health."

Obviously, "snowflake" is meant as a pejorative, so to say it's offensive... well, that's the intent lol. I wouldn't be overly bothered by someone calling me a snowflake for that matter, but I do think the arguments about mental health are worth discussing. Collectively, I think we've made pretty major strides in the past decade or so about no longer stigmatizing trauma. It's not just the "weak" soldiers who can come back with PTSD. So, in that vein, perpetuating the stigma around perceived fragility is counterproductive and probably a little bit toxic.

As for the rest, who cares. My generation is far from faultless, but most of these articles tend to be baby boomers shouting at clouds because they're angry about the world passing them by.

Comment

Originally posted by RetepAdam
                The framing of the article is bad. There's a difference between "This personally offends me" and "That kind of thing could have a negative impact on someone's mental health."

Obviously, "snowflake" is meant as a pejorative, so to say it's offensive... well, that's the intent lol. I wouldn't be overly bothered by someone calling me a snowflake for that matter, but I do think the arguments about mental health are worth discussing. Collectively, I think we've made pretty major strides in the past decade or so about no longer stigmatizing trauma. It's not just the "weak" soldiers who can come back with PTSD. So, in that vein, perpetuating the stigma around perceived fragility is counterproductive and probably a little bit toxic.

As for the rest, who cares. My generation is far from faultless, but most of these articles tend to be baby boomers shouting at clouds because they're angry about the world passing them by.
                Leave it to you to a always make sense of everything

Comment

Originally posted by RetepAdam View Post

So it's like the counter argument millennials use when they say boomers fucked everything up.

Comment

It's awesome that the snowflake insult originated in 2016.

It's like when the Miami Heat came up with the Harlem Shake after it had been around for a year and had moved passed it's prime but hey, if you can market to stuffy old white people as something original...go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

It's like when the Miami Heat came up with the Harlem Shake after it had been around for a year and had moved passed it's prime but hey, if you can market to stuffy old white people as something original...go for it.
                      I hope, in your next trip to a store, you get behind 20 old people writing checks and holding up the line telling the clerk stories about the good old days before inflation.

Actually, I'd pay for a video of your reaction to such a scene.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

So it's like the counter argument millennials use when they say boomers fucked everything up.

Except the boomers gave us everything you bitch about every day on here.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael

Quit pretending to be young.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                            You’re a fucking idiot.
                            Snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Except the boomers gave us everything you bitch about every day on here.
                              Please elaborate.

Comment

Working...
                              X