Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite One-Hit Wonders

Freshman, by The Verve Pipe, came on this morning, and it got me thinking...I absolutely love that song. One of my all-time favorites. But, the band has nothing else to offer.

What are some of your favorite one-hit wonders?

Also high on my list...

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Counting Blue Cars - Dishwalla

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
      Also high on my list...

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Counting Blue Cars - Dishwalla

Surprisingly both of those bands have 5+ albums and are still going.

Comment

Not sure if this counts because it only got to like 78 on the Hot 100, but Dream by Forest For the Trees is a fave of mine.

Comment

Comment

The Promise -When in Rome
            99 Red Balloons - Nena

Comment

One of my all time favorite bands....Helmet. Only had one real radio hit “Meantime”

https://youtu.be/C--d2w4_26I

Comment

Originally posted by Shamster View Post
                One of my all time favorite bands....Helmet. Only had one real radio hit “Meantime”

https://youtu.be/C--d2w4_26I
                Betty is one of the best "heavy" albums of the decade. Unsung is an incredible song, too...That bass line, and the three guitars...

Comment

Not one hit wonder but similar, Publix plays the most random songs. If there’s something I forgot and haven’t heard in years, it’s on at Publix. I made a point to write it down, in the past few months I heard “breakfast at Tiffany’s” “highway to the danger zone” and a Natalie Merchant song from the mid 90s.

I wonder if it’s corporate run or local.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Betty is one of the best "heavy" albums of the decade. Unsung is an incredible song, too...That bass line, and the three guitars...
                    Actually, now that you mention it. I may have been thinking of Unsung as their radio hit.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                      Not one hit wonder but similar, Publix plays the most random songs. If there’s something I forgot and haven’t heard in years, it’s on at Publix. I made a point to write it down, in the past few months I heard “breakfast at Tiffany’s” “highway to the danger zone” and a Natalie Merchant song from the mid 90s.

I wonder if it’s corporate run or local.
                      I find it funny to walk into Popeye's with a full ghetto crew and hear Tony Orlando or John Tesh overhead.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

I find it funny to walk into Popeye's with a full ghetto crew and hear Tony Orlando or John Tesh overhead.
                        Fun fact, Tesh ran with the bloods for a few months in the 80s. He had to endure the ceremonial beat down to get out and was hospitalized for a month. While in a coma, he came up with the NBC NBA song and the rest is history.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

Fun fact, Tesh ran with the bloods for a few months in the 80s. He had to endure the ceremonial beat down to get out and was hospitalized for a month. While in a coma, he came up with the NBC NBA song and the rest is history.
                          Tesh has popped so many cherries he could make a truckload of cherry pies.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emx6dU7suvg

Comment

That song is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X