Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do men get married?

I’ve never heard a rational, well thought out response to this question. Let’s do a quick rundown.

1.) less options for sex
    2.) financial hostage situation
    3.) women generally age much worse than men
    4.) no obligation on her part to hold up her end of the deal
    5.) essentially zero chance you’ll end up happier in the long run. Half the time you get sawed in half, and even if you don’t, studies show there’s a pretty good chance you’ll be unhappy.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Is it really just a matter of brow beating and keeping up appearances, or is there a piece of this I’m missing? Because from where I’m sitting, unless it involves spending money, there isn’t anything a man can do with his wife that he can’t do with a girlfriend in todays day and age.

Only way to guarantee a presence in the lives of your offspring and say in how they are raised.

Comment

Hookems, you're on to a good general idea, which is that way too many people get married and way too many people realistically expect monogamous relationships, especially when they get married before the age of 30.

To answer your question, love and what beamer said about offspring.

Also, people fear being old and lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
        Only way to guarantee a presence in the lives of your offspring and say in how they are raised.
        This is really the only respectable answer I can think of, but even that’s not 100% true. There’s a lot of surrogates that are cheaper than wives.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
          Hookems, you're on to a good general idea, which is that way too many people get married and way too many people realistically expect monogamous relationships, especially when they get married before the age of 30.

To answer your question, love and what beamer said about offspring.

Also, people fear being old and lonely.
          I used to think this last one was reasonable, but then I found out that life just doesn’t work out that way. For one, someone is going to die first and there’s no telling how much earlier that’ll happen. Two, even if they don’t, what are the odds you’ll still want to hang out with them 40 or 50 years in? I’ve seen very, VERY few elderly couples that have any interest in spending time with one another. For the most part, they seem happy living largely separate lives.

Comment

You'll know when you meet your best friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check this story out

https://www.wideopencountry.com/texa...paign=sharebar

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

This is really the only respectable answer I can think of, but even that’s not 100% true. There’s a lot of surrogates that are cheaper than wives.
                What can I say, I’m a sucker for traditional family structure.

Comment

What can I say, I’m a sucker for traditional family structure.
                  Gotta do something to keep the gay rumors at bay, right? A single man in his thirties carrying a purse is way too suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                    You'll know when you meet your best friend.

I did that when I was 10.

Comment

Gotta do something to keep the gay rumors at bay, right? A single man in his thirties carrying a purse is way too suspect.
                      Bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
                        Check this story out

https://www.wideopencountry.com/texa...paign=sharebar

You know why it’s a headline? Because it doesn’t happen very often. Plus, I sincerely doubt Ethel spent 10 years doing shots and fucking DJ’s in club bathrooms before she met Herb. People and the world are just different now.

Comment

You know why it’s a headline? Because it doesn’t happen very often. Plus, I sincerely doubt Ethel spent 10 years doing shots and fucking DJ’s in club bathrooms before she met Herb. People and the world are just different now.
                          The biggest problem is that the modern world is MADE to facilitate easy hookups. Everything is built around it.

In the past, Ethel was one of 6 choices you had. Now, Ethel is one of 600 choices you have on any random night.

Comment

You're right. Ppl don't tend to die holding hands within an hour of each other.

I bet those two remained loyal to one another. The way it's supposed to be.

They weren't a selfish generation.

Comment

The biggest problem is that the modern world is MADE to facilitate easy hookups. Everything is built around it.

In the past, Ethel was one of 6 choices you had. Now, Ethel is one of 600 choices you have on any random night.
                              I won’t disagree with you, but short of moving to the Islamic world or inventing a time machine, what can we do about that? People like to go out, have a good time, and fuck strangers while intoxicated.

Personally? I only think true love exists at the very top and the very bottom. If a mother fucker will be homeless with you or choose you despite having billions of options, that’s special.

Comment

Working...
                              X