Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey computer gurus...

I'm looking at setting up a backup drive for my computer. Essentially just backing up 30+ gb of files, pictures, videos, etc.

I feel like the easiest solution is just a big usb drive. Like 512 gb which would let me back up multiple versions. My main concern is how to secure it. This isn't DoD shit so simple password encryption should be fine.

Before I get too far down the google rabbit hole, any suggestions?

Should I just use a cloud backup system instead?

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
    I'm looking at setting up a backup drive for my computer. Essentially just backing up 30+ gb of files, pictures, videos, etc.

I feel like the easiest solution is just a big usb drive. Like 512 gb which would let me back up multiple versions. My main concern is how to secure it. This isn't DoD shit so simple password encryption should be fine.

Before I get too far down the google rabbit hole, any suggestions?

Should I just use a cloud backup system instead?
    I have a NAS drive at home that has 2 hard drives that are mirrored so if I lose one the other has the data.

However, Amazon has $60 a year for Amazon Drive. 1TB of storage for 60 bucks and their app works on phones, laptops, etc.

If there is a fire at your house there is no backup unless it is offsite.

Comment

Been using OneDrive for years. 1 TB is $6.99 per month or $69.99 per year. For $9.99 or $100 per year you get Office 365 plus 6 TB of storage. I also use Google Photos for pics.

Comment

Full disclosure.

I only have one computer, my work computer, which does have OneDrive on it. Mainly looking for a way to keep a copy of all my personal stuff on the incredibly unlikely case of my access being cut off for some reason or another.

Comment

Full disclosure.

I only have one computer, my work computer, which does have OneDrive on it. Mainly looking for a way to keep a copy of all my personal stuff on the incredibly unlikely case of my access being cut off for some reason or another.
          Like I said, check out Amazon it is easy to setup. That is if you're a Prime member.... If you're not, LOL at you.

Comment

Full disclosure.

Just get an extra SDD external hard drive. They're relatively inexpensive, and more stable than the HDD of the past. I got one for gaming, Xbox, because it makes the games smoother and allows me carry games without having to lug my Xbox. Worked so well I started using it for business. I have to take a lot of pictures for work and they take up a lot of memory so I started keeping then on a separate drive. You can password secure it as well.

Comment

One drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
                One drive.
                Everytime I consider getting a cloud storage device, another Fappening or massive data breach happens, and I'm glad that I chose the storage device I did.

Comment

Working...
                X