• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicopter has crashed into building in Mid Town Manhattan

Yikes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was it one of the new Uber helicopters?

Comment

With all those gadgets and gizmos that do all of the work for you, those things are getting harder and harder to fly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
        With all those gadgets and gizmos that do all of the work for you, those things are getting harder and harder to fly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        I'm curious about yhe detsils on this because flying inside the island is highly restricted now. It has been eversince that helicopter crahsed on the PanAm roof in the 70s.

As to it getting harder to fly, those building cause crazy winds that can seriously upset an aircraft. I wouldn't try flying through those buildings until I get a lot more experience than I currently have. To give you an idea how dramatic it can be, on my last cross country flight, I hit an updraft. My plane went from 3500 agl to 4300agl and 115 indicated to 60 indicated in a matter of seconds.

Comment

The story I just read says the pilot was dead before the crash.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
            Heart attack?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
              Not what I'm seeing. What details I'm finding are a VFR pilot got caught up in IMC and got lost. Not sure if get there itis was a factor, but pilot error is more than likely the cause. I'm not seeing possible inflight medical mentioned anywhere on the aviation groups I'm in. The pilot didn't have am instrument rating at all, let alone one in the aircraft he was piloting.

Comment

Working...
              X