Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay attention to your health or you might die... I almost did

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pay attention to your health or you might die... I almost did

    So I mentioned about a month ago I was in the hospital because I almost died but didn't say much. I did say during the baseball draft what happened but only because somebody asked me.

    About four weeks ago, I couldn't go to bed one night. I felt all clammy like I may be getting sick but couldn't go to sleep. I had this burning ice pick headache and what felt like terrible heartburn all at once. I knew I was fighting high blood pressure issues, as for some reason my blood pressure was 180/115 just days or weeks prior to this. I had been able to eat cautiously, work out regularly, and doing nothing but eating a vegetable/fruit/protein diet. This didn't help because earlier that afternoon I felt the headache and burn come out of nowhere, which made me slightly weak.

    Fast forward to about 5:30am the next morning, as I had been trying to fall asleep for a good six hours now and could not. I couldn't sleep on my heart side which was weird and then on the other side. I couldn't get comfortable, felt like I was burning up, and wasn't sweaty at all. I eventually went to the ER. My blood pressure was at 212/134. They admitted me to the hospital and ran a couple of EKGs and other tests. They placed me on blood pressure medication to get me down from stroke/heart attack levels and told me to start doing things the right way or I was going to die.

    How did this happen? When I started on this workout regimen back in late January I was taking pre-workout mix. I had been warned at some point that the over usage would cause a blood pressure increase and could give me a heart attack if I didn't take to it. Well, the first couple of times I got real weak despite that sudden jolt. That is what got my blood pressure extremely high to begin with but I had stopped taking the stuff five weeks before this happened.

  • #2
    .

    Comment


    • #3
      Jesus, that sounds terrifying. Hopefully you're doing better now and this problem doesn't come back in the future. Just out of curiosity though, are you overweight and what's your diet like?

      Sidenote: My advice to everyone here is to stay away from any stimulants except for black coffee, and even that should be limited.

      Comment


      • #4
        There is a benefit and a blessing hidden in the folds

        of every experience and every outcome. That includes

        every and any 'bad' thing that may be happening to

        you right now.

        *

        Change your perspective. Know that nothing happens

        ever that is not for your highest good. All that needs

        to change for you to see this...is your definition of

        'Highest Good.'



        Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
          Jesus, that sounds terrifying. Hopefully you're doing better now and this problem doesn't come back in the future. Just out of curiosity though, are you overweight and what's your diet like?

          Sidenote: My advice to everyone here is to stay away from any stimulants except for black coffee, and even that should be limited.
          So I kinda/sorta didn't follow up with a few things and just left it at that. About five years ago I started to let myself go. Somewhere in 2015 it started adding up with all the alcohol I was drinking and the non-activities (sitting around playing video games or on the computer when drinking). In 2016 and 2017, I had issues with my intestines causing an inflamed prostate amongst other things because I cannot digest raw meat (i.e. any steak cooked under medium) that sits in my duodenum and doesn't digest itself, leaving my small intestine to become inflamed and anything else around it, making for a painful experience. Didn't take opoids, was prescribed an antibiotic that says "no weightlifting or athletic activity while on this medication" which led me to going over the 200 pound mark for the first time in my life.

          With all of that said, I had started a workout program in late January to get back in shape. I weighed 220 pounds on January 31st. Before 2016, the most I ever weighed was 196 in December of 2014. When I was working out often from 2010-12, I weighed around 175-185 with a flat stomach, which had the beginning looks of a beer belly.

          As for now, since then, I've lost ten pounds (doesn't mean much) in which five of those are in the last four weeks. My diet, which is on my third week of doing so, is 1800 calories a day with 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat intake. Only drinking water with the occasional juice for breakfast (not that often but rare) and once in a blue moon soda to offset the slow caffeine withdrawl. I'm slightly shedding 1-2 pounds a week while on this. My goal right now is to be under 200 when I go to my sister's wedding in Destin the first weekend in May.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nutt View Post

            So I kinda/sorta didn't follow up with a few things and just left it at that. About five years ago I started to let myself go. Somewhere in 2015 it started adding up with all the alcohol I was drinking and the non-activities (sitting around playing video games or on the computer when drinking). In 2016 and 2017, I had issues with my intestines causing an inflamed prostate amongst other things because I cannot digest raw meat (i.e. any steak cooked under medium) that sits in my duodenum and doesn't digest itself, leaving my small intestine to become inflamed and anything else around it, making for a painful experience. Didn't take opoids, was prescribed an antibiotic that says "no weightlifting or athletic activity while on this medication" which led me to going over the 200 pound mark for the first time in my life.

            With all of that said, I had started a workout program in late January to get back in shape. I weighed 220 pounds on January 31st. Before 2016, the most I ever weighed was 196 in December of 2014. When I was working out often from 2010-12, I weighed around 175-185 with a flat stomach, which had the beginning looks of a beer belly.

            As for now, since then, I've lost ten pounds (doesn't mean much) in which five of those are in the last four weeks. My diet, which is on my third week of doing so, is 1800 calories a day with 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat intake. Only drinking water with the occasional juice for breakfast (not that often but rare) and once in a blue moon soda to offset the slow caffeine withdrawl. I'm slightly shedding 1-2 pounds a week while on this. My goal right now is to be under 200 when I go to my sister's wedding in Destin the first weekend in May.
            First of all, give yourself credit for getting back at it and stay disciplined. I know that it's hard as fuck and it seems like a never-ending battle sometimes, but it's worth it so you can live the kind of life you want.

            Second, health problems will fuck ANYONE up. I have a buddy at work that I saw go from being a competitive body builder to morbidly obese in the span of just a few years due to a back injury. He's doing much better now and has dropped a lot of the weight he put on, but if it can happen to him with how dedicated he was, it can happen to anybody.

            If you don't mind me asking, what kind of program are you on right now? Your macros and caloric intake sound good to me, so you should be able to lose that steady 1-2 pounds indefinitely. If you're not doing cardio now and you hit a plateau, mix some in and that should help you push through the last little bit. Speaking from experience though, ignore the people who tell you to go balls out on the HIIT. I was a huge advocate of it up until very recently, but having seen a lot of people suffer knee and ankle injuries, I realized it's just not worth it. Sure you may improve your cardio and increase your deficit dramatically in the short term, but what does that matter if you end up sidelined for a month or two with an injury?

            Anyway, I just want to say again that I'm happy for you and I hope you keep it going. This shit is hard and it only gets harder as the years pass, but we all owe it to ourselves to give it our best effort.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nutt View Post

              So I kinda/sorta didn't follow up with a few things and just left it at that. About five years ago I started to let myself go. Somewhere in 2015 it started adding up with all the alcohol I was drinking and the non-activities (sitting around playing video games or on the computer when drinking). In 2016 and 2017, I had issues with my intestines causing an inflamed prostate amongst other things because I cannot digest raw meat (i.e. any steak cooked under medium) that sits in my duodenum and doesn't digest itself, leaving my small intestine to become inflamed and anything else around it, making for a painful experience. Didn't take opoids, was prescribed an antibiotic that says "no weightlifting or athletic activity while on this medication" which led me to going over the 200 pound mark for the first time in my life.

              With all of that said, I had started a workout program in late January to get back in shape. I weighed 220 pounds on January 31st. Before 2016, the most I ever weighed was 196 in December of 2014. When I was working out often from 2010-12, I weighed around 175-185 with a flat stomach, which had the beginning looks of a beer belly.

              As for now, since then, I've lost ten pounds (doesn't mean much) in which five of those are in the last four weeks. My diet, which is on my third week of doing so, is 1800 calories a day with 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat intake. Only drinking water with the occasional juice for breakfast (not that often but rare) and once in a blue moon soda to offset the slow caffeine withdrawl. I'm slightly shedding 1-2 pounds a week while on this. My goal right now is to be under 200 when I go to my sister's wedding in Destin the first weekend in May.
              Take care of yourself. Lay off the stimulants.

              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Handle your shit man. Sounds like this is going to be the motivating factor. Glad you're okay.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Damn, didn't hear about this. Glad that you're getting through it. I'm trying to get back on the wagon myself.

                  It's amazing how much better you feel when you eat well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Don't die, nutt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You should get right with God while you’re at it. Eternity in hell won’t be pleasant and that’s where your lifestyle is leading you.

                      Repent now, sinner.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shamster View Post
                        You should get right with God while you’re at it. Eternity in hell won’t be pleasant and that’s where your lifestyle is leading you.

                        Repent now, sinner.
                        LMFAO! I needed this laugh. I've always been right with God. Some women have said his name over the course of my lifetime in my presence.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just to update...

                          As I said before, I weighed 220 on January 31st. On May 31st, I weighed 195. For the last two weeks or so, I'm stuck somewhere between 199-204. I've got a little careless when eating (pizza, tacos, things that are my weakness) and drank some beer (because that's a bad idea). But I feel so good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nutt View Post

                            LMFAO! I needed this laugh. I've always been right with God. Some women have said his name over the course of my lifetime in my presence.
                            As in "I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God"?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nutt View Post

                              LMFAO! I needed this laugh. I've always been right with God. Some women have said his name over the course of my lifetime in my presence.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X