Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hospitals, cancer, etc.

Anyone really deal with it and the process?

My mom had leg cramps she thought was a Charlie Horse or something and ended up going to the hospital to get checked out. They thought it was blood clots and gave her a treatment for it which gave her nasty/bloody stools. Took her back to hospital, turns out she has a tumor in her colon. Do bigger scan and she has cancer spots in her lung and liver.

Surgery for tomorrow got changed to chemo to show her how it all works.

Prognosis is good and she's go great support. Still some of the most stressful 96 hours of my life. Thanks for any support or vibes or prayers or whatever.

Sorry to hear about the situation, but am glad they caught it in time to treat it. I've watched family members go through the process...its not easy, no matter how good the prognosis is. Chemo fucking sucks and takes it out of a person. Just being there for her will be a huge help man. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
      Sorry to hear about the situation, but am glad they caught it in time to treat it. I've watched family members go through the process...its not easy, no matter how good the prognosis is. Chemo fucking sucks and takes it out of a person. Just being there for her will be a huge help man. Hope she makes a speedy recovery.
      That's rich

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that man. Cancer is the worst shit in the world, and I hope your mom makes a swift recovery.

Comment

Fuck, man. Sorry to hear it. Went through the same thing with my mom three years ago. It's a totally helpless feeling. All you can do is be as supportive as you can be and trust in medical technology - which is pretty damn good. If it can be fixed, it will get fixed. I took some comfort in that.

It's time together that you wish could occur under different circumstances, but ultimately it's still time together. Situations like that make you really appreciate how valuable that time is.

Comment

That's terrible man. At least they found it early. Spend lots of time with her. Keep her spirits up and remind her that it can and will be beat.

Let us know if you need anything at all. We're here for you even if it's just to talk.

Comment

Praying all goes well, hang in there.

Comment

Hey Bellefay, good luck to your mom - we're here for you. Let me know if you want me to go kick Trump's ass because your mom got cancer. But thoughts and prayers bro.

Comment

Hope your mom gets better, Bellefay. Thankful the prognosis is good.

Comment

Good to see ppl around here finally treating this disease seriously.

It's no joke. It's scary. And it sucks.

And ppl that do find it humorous are simply inviting bad karma.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                      Anyone really deal with it and the process?

My mom had leg cramps she thought was a Charlie Horse or something and ended up going to the hospital to get checked out. They thought it was blood clots and gave her a treatment for it which gave her nasty/bloody stools. Took her back to hospital, turns out she has a tumor in her colon. Do bigger scan and she has cancer spots in her lung and liver.

Surgery for tomorrow got changed to chemo to show her how it all works.

Prognosis is good and she's go great support. Still some of the most stressful 96 hours of my life. Thanks for any support or vibes or prayers or whatever.
                      That first week or so where you don't know exactly what's going on, but that someone you love has cancer is probably the hardest part along with the day or 2 directly after chemo days. Hope the best for you and your mom. Make sure you take care of yourself too. It's not selfish to need mental breaks as a care giver/family member.

Comment

It's like Tom Petty once said. "The Way-Ding is the Har-dest Part."

The Wayyy ding is tha harrrr dest parrrt.

Last edited by PBS; 02-12-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The hospital screwed up putting in her chemo port thing today but thankfully noticed via x-ray before they started treatment so they're going to try again tomorrow. Hospitals are the national champions of taking care of critical shit incredibly fast and taking their sweet time on other things.

Again, thanks for the thoughts and prayers and all that. I'll get back to bs posting and trolling soon. Just want to see what the new normal is with this stuff. I need a nap. And a beer. Probably not in that order.

Comment

It’s scary shit, wishing the best for you and your family.

Comment

My future father in law is fighting through colon cancer right now. He was crapping blood and went and got checked out. The surgery was brutal, he almost went septic after surgery to remove the tumor, and had the stitches in his colon rip. leading to emergency surgery. He ended up in the ICU, he was really close to not making it(He was pretty much out of it for a full month), as they fought to get everything under control. He has a ileostomy bag now, and just finished chemo. Sitting there watching him fight hurt, but he's able to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. He finished his chemo(and is cancer free), and is now booked for surgery to reverse the ileostomy.

The only advice I can give you is to be a rock for the person going through this. They will have their doubts about everything, they will be scared, you have to be there to give them hope. My future father in law is an optimistic guy, but even he was doubting that he'd make it. Sometimes I'd have to sell him on the fact that there was hope, and he had to keep pushing through it. I wish you and your family member the best, but it's a tough thing to watch happen to someone you care about.

Comment

Working...
                              X