Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abuse of Faith

20 years, 700 victims: Southern Baptist sexual abuse spreads as leaders resist reforms

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-13588038.php

How many victims of abortions in that time period?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
      20 years, 700 victims: Southern Baptist sexual abuse spreads as leaders resist reforms

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...s-13588038.php
      Religions are the next most corrupt things next to Governments and Banks...

I grew up Catholic and the Vatican is the foremost example of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Religions are the next most corrupt things next to Governments and Banks...

I grew up Catholic and the Vatican is the foremost example of it.
        I actually hear this far more with ppl that were raised Catholic than Protestant.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
          I actually hear this far more with ppl that were raised Catholic than Protestant.

I grew up Catholic, and I have best friends who are Mormon and Southern Baptist, my kids were baptized non-denominational.

The are all corrupt and have their hands out.....

From the bible they took "The people shall gather" to the people should build mega churches where we have fish fries want 10% of your salary and to make you all warm and fuzzy inside because you have some friends.

I was done with it a decade ago, it isn't hard to lead a good life and trust me god doesn't give a shit if you give 10% to your church that is between you and the a-holes that run it.

Comment

No one makes you tithe.

I was raised Nazarene but my wife and I prefer a non-denominational church.

It can be difficult though because Saturday nights and my God Damned PBRs bleed quickly into Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post
              No one makes you tithe.

I was raised Nazarene but my wife and I prefer a non-denominational church.

It can be difficult though because Saturday nights and my God Damned PBRs bleed quickly into Sunday morning.

Again, there are religions that require it such as the Mormons, Scientologists want part of your estate. They make sure to pass that collection basket to you in front of your peers so you can stiff them in front of everyone.

If you can find in the bible where it says that the people shall pay for stained glassed churches, fish frys, etc. I would love to see it. The bible says the people shall gather, the rest is a highly developed friend network, tax evasion, money laundering scheme.

Comment

Trying to keep up with Catholics.

Comment

There is a simple fix for this problem. As soon as a church leader is informed one of their colleagues may or may not have sexually assaulted another person the police should be called in to handle it. Without police involvement there will be no legal method to keep sexual offenders from being hired by other churches. Rumor and hearsay are not good enough reasons to keep someone from earning a living in their chosen profession.

Comment

Working...
                  X