Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I know boomie made the post in the non-WWE thread but bumping this back up since WK13 is Next Thursday night/Friday:

Wrestle Kingdom LIVE from the Tokyo Dome on January 4, exclusively on NJPW World. AXS TV will air a two-hour special on same day tape delay that evening at 8pm ET featuring at least the final two or three matches.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship
    Kenny Omega (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (G1 Climax 28 Winner)

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
    Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

Grudge Match
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White (w/Gedo)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
    KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori

IWGP United States Championship
    Cody (c) vs. Juice Robinson

IWGP Tag Team Championship
    Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tonga Roa) {c} vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) {2018 World Tag League} vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

RPW British Heavyweight Championship
    Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. (w/TAKA Michinoku)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
    Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) {c} vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH w/Rocky Romero) {2018 Junior Tag League} vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi)

NEVER Openweight Championship
    Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay

PRE-SHOW: Gauntlet Match to determine #1 Contenders for the NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championships at NEW YEARS DASH !!
    Most Violent Players (Togi Makabe & Toru Yano) & Rysuke Taguchi
    Yuji Nagata, Jeff Cobb, & David Finlay Jr.
    CHAOS (Best Friends {Beretta & Chuckie T.} & Hirooki Goto
    Suzuki-gun (Killer Elite Squad {Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.} & Minoru Suzuki)
    THE ELITE (Hangman Page, Yujiro Takahashi, & Marty Scurll)

Comment

• Wait, no rumble this year? Sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
        Wait, no rumble this year? Sad
        Which means no Cheeseburger or surprises. Kinda caught me off guard as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by RW1914 View Post
          Since we have a WWE thread...

Did anyone catch Wrestle Kingdom 11? Holy shit, the main event was the GOAT.
          I just need to quote this simply because THIS thread got it all started and THIS match set the standard for Super Show main events.

Comment

• As JTrain said in regards to Kenny Omega in AEW, New Japan has opted to continue working exclusively with ROH as it's U.S. partner instead of having multiple partners and would make sense to have both for Young Lions to work, especially getting those Lions work with PWG that are working out of the LA Dojo.

After G1 Supercard, which is actually a joint show between ROH and New Japan, could be the end of their partnership. I'm just looking down the line at what New Japan matches could be on the card, and the only main event that oculd work right now is Tanahashi vs. Okada for the IWGP Title, which means Okada would have to win the New Japan Cup.

For those wondering, no Sakura Genesis/Invasion Attack show this year as G1S replaces it on the calendar.

New Beginning will be a US and Japan tour. Four big New Beginning shows in Japan, along with six tour cards (house shows), and three US shows (a Lions card at the Globe in LA then Charlotte and Nashville).

First night of G1 will take place in Dallas at the AAA.

Comment

• I couldn't quite understand it, but is WK14 going to be a two night show, then? Or are they going to do WK14 and the NYD in the Tokyo Dome?

Comment

I couldn't quite understand it, but is WK14 going to be a two night show, then? Or are they going to do WK14 and the NYD in the Tokyo Dome?
                No. WK14 will be a two-night show (and even Dave predicted they may go that route back in June). NYD will take place on the 6th instead. The way it is discussed, One night will be anchored by the IWGP title and the other the IC.

That gives them a chance to have both cards full of good matches and even get everyone on the card. One pre-show could have another trios guantlet with the winners meeting the Trios champs the next night, while that second night could bring back the Rumble.

Comment

• Meltzer said NJPW seem to be backing down from their "we won't work with AEW" stance. They know they will lose Omega completely if they continue down that road. Uncle Dave said WWE officials have told him they don't expect they are actually in the running to sign Omega. Like I said with the BTE post yesterday, that was made clear by the end of the episode. NJPW must now have a come to Jesus meeting with AEW and ROH yet again, or else they are going to lose Omega entirely which they do not want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                    Meltzer said NJPW seem to be backing down from their "we won't work with AEW" stance. They know they will lose Omega completely if they continue down that road. Uncle Dave said WWE officials have told him they don't expect they are actually in the running to sign Omega. Like I said with the BTE post yesterday, that was made clear by the end of the episode. NJPW must now have a come to Jesus meeting with AEW and ROH yet again, or else they are going to lose Omega entirely which they do not want to do.
                    I just don't see how 'we're working with ROH, and you're working with ROH, so that means we can't work together" is sound logic in any way shape or form.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Kenny Omega the main reason why the NJPW-US crossover is taking off, to the point that they're starting the freaking G1 off here now?

Comment

I just don't see how 'we're working with ROH, and you're working with ROH, so that means we can't work together" is sound logic in any way shape or form.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but isn't Kenny Omega the main reason why the NJPW-US crossover is taking off, to the point that they're starting the freaking G1 off here now?
                      Omega's appeal, after WK11, really took off. I felt going into the match that Omega wasn't ready and god damn, he stole my heart that afternoon. His feud with Jericho then pushed the mainstream appeal even more in North America. He's really their face of western expansion no matter how you paint it. Okada is the Ace now but Omega is the American appeal.

And yes, I agree with ROH trying to claim a national foothold territory. New Japan and even All Japan though back in the territories had multiple working arrangements with each.

New Japan had Mid-Atlantic, W(W)WF
                      All Japan had World Class, AWA
                      IWE had Florida

Comment

Working...
                      X