X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamp
    started a topic Board Movie Reviews

Board Movie Reviews

Mud - meh. It was alright but I didn't get the point of the movie at all. 2.5/5

We're the Millers - hilarious moments in this movie and Jennifer Anniston just gets better and better. Definitely worth the watch. 3.5/5

• worldofx
    replied
    Wild Rose (B-)

Jessie Buckley carries this thing on her back. Pretty generic otherwise although I guess I have to give Tom Harper some credit, this is the second film of his I've seen this year where he gets a powerhouse lead actress performance. (the second one comes out in December)

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    I enjoyed Once Up A Time In Hollywood, but I don’t think it’s one of Tarantino’s better movies. Django is going to be hard to beat for me.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    Went to see it again. The middle 75 minutes of the film, basically everything from Rick meeting the little girl through Rick/Cliff watching FBI together, is masterful. Still have issues with other parts of the film but I don't think QT is capable of making anything without a few things that annoy me. This came pretty close.

Also want to highlight the god tier acting from Leo during his little fall and redemption arc. That scene with Olyphant where he keeps fucking up and breaking character without actually breaking character ... whew. That's very difficult stuff that he made look way too easy. Probably the 2nd or 3rd best performance of his career.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (A)

Loved it. All the Tarantino goodness, and yet not nearly as long or drawn out as some of his recent work. I disagree with Waldo that it would have been a better film if he chopped off the final 25 minutes...that insanity is precisely what makes it a Tarantino film. Its the 'what if" question...alternate reality...what if the Manson family didn't go to Romans house and kill Tate...but instead went to Rick Daltons house, and all fucking hell breaks loose.

In any case, I suggest people brush up on the Manson family, especially in regards to Tate before seeing this film. It'll be a lot easier to follow, and you can really dig into QT's brilliance.

I didn't think it added anything to the ideas or themes of the film, but I get it. It's his thing and he wanted to honor Sharon.

I'll admit the flamethrower was a nice touch.

Leave a comment:

• JTrain
    replied
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (A)

Loved it. All the Tarantino goodness, and yet not nearly as long or drawn out as some of his recent work. I disagree with Waldo that it would have been a better film if he chopped off the final 25 minutes...that insanity is precisely what makes it a Tarantino film. Its the 'what if" question...alternate reality...what if the Manson family didn't go to Romans house and kill Tate...but instead went to Rick Daltons house, and all fucking hell breaks loose.

In any case, I suggest people brush up on the Manson family, especially in regards to Tate before seeing this film. It'll be a lot easier to follow, and you can really dig into QT's brilliance.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (A-)

Quentin's warmest and frankly most interesting film since Jackie Brown. Leo is on one and Pitt always plays laconic so well.

And just like Django it's a considerably better film if you just chopped off the last 25 mins.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied

Awesome. Have you finally gotten around to riding Steel Vengeance?

Planning to be there next week. I shall report back.

Leave a comment:

• JTrain
    replied
    Originally posted by worldofx View Post

I'm in Paris for my coaster trip and it's in theaters here.
    Awesome. Have you finally gotten around to riding Steel Vengeance?

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied

Where did you see it? I saw the trailer for it, and was immediately interested. I know it releases sometime in October.

I'm in Paris for my coaster trip and it's in theaters here.

Leave a comment:

• JTrain
    replied
    Originally posted by worldofx View Post
    Parasite (A+)

Bong just fucked around and made a masterpiece.

Probably tops Jojo Rabbit as the best thing I've seen this year.
    Where did you see it? I saw the trailer for it, and was immediately interested. I know it releases sometime in October.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    Parasite (A+)

Bong just fucked around and made a masterpiece.

Probably tops Jojo Rabbit as the best thing I've seen this year.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    The Lion King (D)

The best part of getting dragged to this abomination was getting to see the Cats trailer in all its glory.

Leave a comment:

• Fresneck
    replied
    I watched Walk of Shame last night

Cliche. I passed out before it ended.

The only reason I'm mentioning it is 'cause the scenes with Pooky are some of the funniest from Hollywood in the last decade. Those few scenes are so far ahead of the rest of the flick, they really don't make sense. The movie is the bleh-fest you expect, but damn Pooky is downright hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• worldofx
    replied
    Spider-Man: Far From Home (B-)

Super charming movie when it's not trying to be Iron Man 4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X