Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingpin came on the other day. I watched the second half. Bill Murray’s character steals the movie. I never caught on to him giving his room number to all the women. The commercial for kids without dads made me laugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

I was skeptical when I first read this but can now confirm, this movie is fucking great. Really really enjoyed it.
      Son, Im not wrong about anything ever. If I tell you something is great, you can take it to the fucking bank. Glad you liked it, it was truly a great movie (animated or not animated, it was great)

Comment

• Yesterday (D)

Brutal.

Comment

• Teen Spirit (D)

Max Minghella's directing inspiration is apparently the A24 giphy page.

Comment

• How do you watch so many movies, Waldo?

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              How do you watch so many movies, Waldo?

I don't play video games. Or have kids yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Fair.

Comment

• Spider-Man: Far From Home (B+ to A-)

Its not perfect but I really enjoyed this movie. Being somewhat of a comic book nerd I like what they did with the characters from the source material. Tom Holland is the best Spider Man.

Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                  Since you watch so many movies rather than do video games etc do you go for the theater membership stuff?

Originally posted by worldofx View Post
                  Did the annual update of my Top 100 films.

This list doesn't change much anymore, added three from this year (Favourite/Burning/Annihilation) but the one I jumped way up is Paris, Texas.

https://letterboxd.com/worldofx/list/top-100-films/
                  I like Paris, Texas as well. But then I like West Texas, Ry Cooder's music, and idiosyncratic enigmatic European story telling.
                  Last edited by TTURedRaider; 07-05-2019, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

The answer is I don't play video games.
                    Consistent

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                      Spider-Man: Far From Home (B+ to A-)

Its not perfect but I really enjoyed this movie. Being somewhat of a comic book nerd I like what they did with the characters from the source material. Tom Holland is the best Spider Man.

Since you watch so many movies rather than do video games etc do you go for the theater membership stuff?

I like Paris, Texas as well. But then I like West Texas, Ry Cooder's music, and idiosyncratic enigmatic European story telling.
                      Agreed on Spider-Man. It was a fun summer movie and a good jumping off point for future installments. Love Holland too.

Comment

• I watched Top Gun for a few minutes and that movie did not age well. In one scene where they’re tallying about dog fights, blonde woman suggests it would be wise to do something to not destroy a 30 millions dollar plane. They’re the military but they’re sweating the entire time because they’ve built an entire military base with no AC. I’ve been to several Air Force and Navy bases and I can assure you the PX did have AC.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          I watched Top Gun for a few minutes and that movie did not age well. In one scene where they’re tallying about dog fights, blonde woman suggests it would be wise to do something to not destroy a 30 millions dollar plane. They’re the military but they’re sweating the entire time because they’ve built an entire military base with no AC. I’ve been to several Air Force and Navy bases and I can assure you the PX did have AC.
                          Sounds like you lost that loving feeling.

Comment

• Originally posted by BChris View Post

He hits on her at a bar, eats dinner with her, flirts in an elevator then she says she’s falling in love with him. Psychoooooooo.

Comment

• Originally posted by BChris View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                                I watched Top Gun for a few minutes and that movie did not age well. In one scene where they’re tallying about dog fights, blonde woman suggests it would be wise to do something to not destroy a 30 millions dollar plane. They’re the military but they’re sweating the entire time because they’ve built an entire military base with no AC. I’ve been to several Air Force and Navy bases and I can assure you the PX did have AC.
                                https://goo.gl/maps/jhjTbtiP5m47hrXn7

In all seriousness, many places in SoCal near the ocean built before 1980-1990 didn't have A/C, simply because you have a near-constant onshore breeze. That is the case with almost all of Miramar. I wasn't there in the early 80s, but I'm willing to bet there wasn't much A/C going on in many of those houses and buildings. I can say hangars get hot as fuck fast,. and there's really no way to keep them cool. The hangar gets warm, and subsequently the office spaces above and around the hangar also get warm.

For example...When I lived in Camarillo, I was something like 11 miles as the crow flies due west from the ocean. I didn't have A/C. I had a heater. And, I would keep my windows open with the heater on for most the year...Except January, when the Santa Ana winds made it 90 degrees.

I hate to throw a little reality at your post, 'cause it is pretty funny...But, there's some truth to the lack of A/C in a hangar and in coastal Southern California.

Comment

Working...
                                X